Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93

Thread: Spike Lee speaks on Tyler Perry again

  1. #1
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086

    Spike Lee speaks on Tyler Perry again


  2. #2
    Gladiator
    Guest
    cant see the video..give me a brief summary of what he is saying

  3. #3
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    He makes sense in his point but he should leave Tyler Perry and his Genre of film alone.
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

  4. #4
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    cant see the video..give me a brief summary of what he is saying
    He's saying that TP's movies are coonery and bafoonery. He's also saying that it's our fault because we like movies like that. He went on to say that John Singleton made Boyz in the Hood and people went to go see it, but they did not go out to watch Rosewood.

  5. #5
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    He makes sense in his point but he should leave Tyler Perry and his Genre of film alone.
    Shut up.

    You're dunce. You don't understand.

  6. #6
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    Likkle battybuoy llow me today please...
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

  7. #7
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    47,057,990
    I am 101% in SUPPORT of SPIKE LEE'S POSITION.

    I have NEVER EVER SEEN any of those TYLER PERRY MOVIES.

  8. #8
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I am 101% in SUPPORT of SPIKE LEE'S POSITION.

    I have NEVER EVER SEEN any of those TYLER PERRY MOVIES.
    I only saw his first film debut. I have not seen any of his subsequent films.


    I don't mind the bafoonery. I just think his films are not creative.

    If it was funny, I wouldn't mind because Martin was on the same line, but Martin was funny.

  9. #9
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    47,057,990

  10. #10
    nikkigiovanni
    Guest
    spike lee need to shut his rass up...can't see the vid but i can tell he probably hating

    bottom line...back in the day when a spike lee movie came out...black people made a COLLECTIVE effort to support....now people hardly know when a spike lee movie is coming out....he has crossed over in to the mainstream and are now making more universal movies and he is probably just mad that he is losing the core black audience which tyler perry has now captured...you either make black films...or you make films...spike lee makes films and tyler perry makes black films....spike lee just wants his former glory and he can't have it back

  11. #11
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    spike lee need to shut his rass up...can't see the vid but i can tell he probably hating

    bottom line...back in the day when a spike lee movie came out...black people made a COLLECTIVE effort to support....now people hardly know when a spike lee movie is coming out....he has crossed over in to the mainstream and are now making more universal movies and he is probably just mad that he is losing the core black audience which tyler perry has now captured...you either make black films...or you make films...spike lee makes films and tyler perry makes black films....spike lee just wants his former glory and he can't have it back


    Nikki, I have to disagree with you.

    I don't think Spike Lee is hating because of the assumption that he feels he is no longer relevant. He's just frustrated that films that have a positive impact, like his, don't get the praise that it deserves.

  12. #12
    nikkigiovanni
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Nikki, I have to disagree with you.

    I don't think Spike Lee is hating because of the assumption that he feels he is no longer relevant. He's just frustrated that films that have a positive impact, like his, don't get the praise that it deserves.
    that is not what black people want....sad situation but it is...what it is

    black people want soulja boy more than they want krs-1....i gotta stop complaining about it at some point

  13. #13
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    that is not what black people want....sad situation but it is...what it is

    black people want soulja boy more than they want krs-1....i gotta stop complaining about it at some point
    True

  14. #14
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    47,057,990
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    spike lee need to shut his rass up...can't see the vid but i can tell he probably hating

    bottom line...back in the day when a spike lee movie came out...black people made a COLLECTIVE effort to support....now people hardly know when a spike lee movie is coming out....he has crossed over in to the mainstream and are now making more universal movies and he is probably just mad that he is losing the core black audience which tyler perry has now captured...you either make black films...or you make films...spike lee makes films and tyler perry makes black films....spike lee just wants his former glory and he can't have it back
    So the BLACK MAN in DRAG is what BLACK FILMS are all about these DAYS?

  15. #15
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I am 101% in SUPPORT of SPIKE LEE'S POSITION.

    I have NEVER EVER SEEN any of those TYLER PERRY MOVIES.
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    So the BLACK MAN in DRAG is what BLACK FILMS are all about these DAYS?
    so how do u conclude that that^^ is what ALL his movies are about? Or has the character Madea in them?
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •