Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speed traps

Credits
    YES!!!! see link.

http://www.radarguns.com/radar-glossary.html

Moving Radar - is radar that clocks vehicles while the patrol vehicle is moving. Typically, the targets are those approaching in the opposite lane of traffic but, depending on the radar model, can sometimes be used to clock vehicles going away from the patrol vehicle in the opposite lane or even moving in the same direction (for example, Decatur Genesis II Directional Police Radar or its newest incornation - Decatur Speed Trak Police Radar w/ K-band Directional Antenna). These moving radars also "clock" the patrol vehicle by measuring the speed of the ground passing beneath the patrol car and interpreting this as the patrol speed. This speed is deducted from the closing speed of the target thereby giving its speed.

Credits
    oh shims...really? Dang..

just read the link. hmm...I wonder if my police force has this gadget. Wish I knew someone on the force here to ask.

drat drat drat...

thanks eh?

Credits

Yes !!!

They can clock you whether you're moving towards or going away from them. The technology has been around for awhile. Simple physics really, utilizing Inertial Frames ( Yeah for Einstein ), but to answer your question with going into technical details. The short answer is YES !!!

Credits
    oh gooode, dat is one big chicken papa!

aight it looking like ah should hush meh mout and pay what ever fine they slap me with.

I got a 56 in a 45 mph zone so I imagine it can't be a dreadful fine. I will know on the 21st.

Gone are the days of hiding behind the lampost and chasing you down eh?

I appreciate all the help.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Macoomeh View Post
    oh gooode, dat is one big chicken papa!

aight it looking like ah should hush meh mout and pay what ever fine they slap me with.

I got a 56 in a 45 mph zone so I imagine it can't be a dreadful fine. I will know on the 21st.

Gone are the days of hiding behind the lampost and chasing you down eh?

I appreciate all the help.
    still go to court that is two points if u just pay the fine .when u go you might have to make a new court date an they will drop the points an reduce the fine . might get a careless driving or soemthing so .

Credits
    two points?
    nah nah nah...ah going to court!

Credits
    Well I went to answer the fine. I got a court date. Will attend to that in a few weeks.

Word to the wise.

Yes, there is such a gadget in the cruisers now. I saw one of my local officers at the grocery store and decided to simply ask. He took the time and pointed out the equipment hooked up on his dash and explained how it works.
    I've been treated respectfully and well throughout this whole thing so I'm not dealing with this with any of the usual rankle. I'm going to wear my nun's habit and throw myself on the mercy of His Majesty...lol

FYI, they can clock you going in the opposite direction however, if there is a larger vehicle than yours also moving in the same direction as you, the gadget will pick up the larger one. The radar is sophisticated but not faultless.

Thanks for all the help. I appreicate it.

(pssst... all yuh hear nuh. I went in de people court house and had to wait until meh name call. Papa yo! EEF yuh hear bacchanal udda people had! Ah ole man come een de court. He doddering. I say he bout 99 years of age. Hear de charge nuh - spousal abuse! YES man! Dis ole man look like if he cawf he go drop down dead. De lawyer come wid he. He say how de man have ah temper!
    Well dat was de greates...man have cane, ole, trembly. An' hear de bes nuh...dis wasn't de firse time!
    haaa lawd!
    Ah want to go back and peep every week now. Oh gooode! Ah could write ah whole book in dis!)

Credits
    Well I went to answer the fine. I got a court date. Will attend to that in a few weeks.

Word to the wise.

Yes, there is such a gadget in the cruisers now. I saw one of my local officers at the grocery store and decided to simply ask. He took the time and pointed out the equipment hooked up on his dash and explained how it works.
    I've been treated respectfully and well throughout this whole thing so I'm not dealing with this with any of the usual rankle. I'm going to wear my nun's habit and throw myself on the mercy of His Majesty...lol

FYI, they can clock you going in the opposite direction however, if there is a larger vehicle than yours also moving in the same direction as you, the gadget will pick up the larger one. The radar is sophisticated but not faultless.

Thanks for all the help. I appreicate it.

(pssst... all yuh hear nuh. I went in de people court house and had to wait until meh name call. Papa yo! EEF yuh hear bacchanal udda people had! Ah ole man come een de court. He doddering. I say he bout 99 years of age. Hear de charge nuh - spousal abuse! YES man! Dis ole man look like if he cawf he go drop down dead. De lawyer come wid he. He say how de man have ah temper!
    Well dat was de greates...man have cane, ole, trembly. An' hear de bes nuh...dis wasn't de firse time!
    haaa lawd!
    Ah want to go back and peep every week now. Oh gooode! Ah could write ah whole book in dis!)
    de ORIGINAL ...

"What others think about you is none of your business"...

-unknown.

Credits
    ay girl, howdy. Doh laugh nuh. Ah here trying to catch up wid meh message boards and correspondance. Meh chupid laptop spoil. Ah lorse plenty files, all meh MSN gorn. SHIMS.

Ah now like Nicodemus in de night borrowing meh son PC. One setta confusion dis little boy have on dis ting. When ah press one key de whole ting light up like St. James during divali...so ah moving slow.

Deze chirren bright deze days eh?

Credits
    ay girl, howdy. Doh laugh nuh. Ah hear trying to catch up wid meh message boards and correspondance. Meh chupid laptop spoil. Ah lorse plenty files, all meh MSN gorn. SHIMS.

Ah hear now like Nicodemus in de night borrowing meh son PC. One setta confusion dis little boy have on dis ting. When ah press one key de whole ting light up like St. James during divali...so ah moving slow.

Deze chirren bright deze days eh?
    oh dear...

well you know that children have more sense than most adults these days...

you enjoying your new workout regimen?
    de ORIGINAL ...

-unknown.

Credits
    nah he cah outsmart he parents...yet...soon doh...lol

Anyway ah gorn now...walk good eh?

Credits
    nah he cah outsmart he parents...yet...soon doh...lol

Anyway ah gorn now...walk good eh?
    time for me to head out too... take care...
    de ORIGINAL ...

-unknown.

Credits
    ay ah now see where you asked about my workout.
    Girl...
    ah dead out. Eidda I getting ole faster dan everybody else or I over-doing it.
    Yesterday I went. I usually do 50 minutes on the cross trainer. But yesterday after about 20 minutes my legs said NAH! I almost fell off. I crawled to the locker and decided to take a lap in the pool.
    Girl...once again, meh legs said NAH!

..maybe muscle fatigue. Will take the next 2 days off and then see...

thanks for asking...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12