Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speed traps

Credits

Question speed traps

Quick question people..

Is it possible for a MOVING cruiser to clock your speed?

Credits
    i don't see how they can ever be right....you ever seen one standing in front of you.....pointin deh ting at every car that passin and exect to get a correct reading......
    "Stop talking about it and BE about it"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Macoomeh View Post
    Quick question people..

I think they have to clock it for a certain distance in order to pull you over but i don't know how accurate that could be.

Credits
    I've seen them stationary and using the radar, but I want to know if they have a new gadget that can clock you while they are moving as well.

Credits
    Quick question people..

no, however, if they follow you for a certain distance (I believe it has to be over a mile), then they can say that they PACED you for such and such ammount of miles at such and such ammount of speed.

Credits
    I've seen them stationary and using the radar, but I want to know if they have a new gadget that can clock you while they are moving as well.
    probably....i know they do have to be a certain distance from you, so they probably use the same radar gun

Credits
    I'm getting a yes and a no...lol

Let me rephrase..
    this cruiser was going in the opposite direction, went past me, u-turned and pulled me over.
    Can an APPROACHING cruiser clock you??

Credits

Let me rephrase..
    this cruiser was going in the opposite direction, went past me, u-turned and pulled me over.

my opinion, no....take him to court!

Credits

Let me rephrase..
    if the radar gun was pointed on the ar it is a yes.

Credits

Let me rephrase..
    that happen to me 4 years ago....i was damn vex it was because it was 2 black dudes in front and a white girl in the back...i

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by lucian maddness View Post
    if the radar gun was pointed on the ar it is a yes.
    in order for radar to work, the trooper has to be in a stationary position.

Radar guns are VERY sensitive. If a trooper is going down the highway in the opposite direction, there's no way he can tab you for speeding.

In a case like hers what they will do is ask "do you know how fast you were going", keeping in mind that it may appear as though someone is moving faster simply because they're going in the opposite direction.

The first thing you shouldn't do is admit to going over the speed limit. People feel guilty and they'll say they were going 5-10 miles over the limit and then you get a ticket for ADMITTING that you broke the law.

Radar guns are made for stationary use because in order for them to be used, they have to be calibrated to pick up the particular speed violation that its searching for.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks View Post

Radar guns are VERY sensitive. If a trooper is going down the highway in the opposite direction, there's no way he can tab you for speeding.

In a case like hers what they will do is ask "do you know how fast you were going", keeping in mind that it may appear as though someone is moving faster simply because they're going in the opposite direction.

The first thing you shouldn't do is admit to going over the speed limit. People feel guilty and they'll say they were going 5-10 miles over the limit and then you get a ticket for ADMITTING that you broke the law.

Radar guns are made for stationary use because in order for them to be used, they have to be calibrated to pick up the particular speed violation that its searching for.
    It's highly unlikely that a vehicle moving towards another car can accurately guage the speed of the approaching car as you said.

Anytime a cop pulls you over and asks you if you know what speed you were going the best thing to do is to politely say "Yes officer, as a matter of fact I do". NEVER confess if you're going above, and please don't say "no..I do not"...that only means you weren't paying attention to what speed you were driving. You are not obligated to provide him any other information with regards to the speed, thanks to the 5th Amendment.

The burden is on him to prove your guilt...not for you to open your mouth and make their case for them.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks View Post

oh iight

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    It's highly unlikely that a vehicle moving towards another car can accurately guage the speed of the approaching car as you said.

Anytime a cop pulls you over and asks you if you know what speed you were going the best thing to do is to politely say "Yes officer, as a matter of fact I do". NEVER confess if you're going above, and please don't say "no..I do not"...that only means you weren't paying attention to what speed you were driving. You are not obligated to provide him any other information with regards to the speed, thanks to the 5th Amendment.

The burden is on him to prove your guilt...not for you to open your mouth and make their case for them.
    You'd be amazed at how many people don't even know there own rights. I use to get caught up all the damned time whenever I was coming through VA. Them cops don't play at ALL!!!

Credits
    ...I kinda figured as much. But I didn't know if they'd developed some contraption to clock you while both cars are moving.

I have a clean record. I'm no slowpoke but I don't play the fool on the road especially with my family onboard.

I live in vanilla central so perhaps a woman of colour in a brand new summsumm made him decide to u-turn. I'll give him the benefit of that doubt but not the benefit of putting a lie on me.

Ah going and brush meh mout, comb meh head an' put on meh court clodes and go. Mammy din make no fools.

thank you all!

Kevlocks...our rights and their interpretation seem to change town to town, state to state and certainly country to country. We can't be totally to blame if we get snowed. But agreed, if we are in a situation, we need to ask, research and go into battle armed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast