Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SOUTHERN ACCENTS (specifically the ones rappers have)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellooo Brooklyn View Post
    Nah, once you get past all the ooggie boogie fruity loobie hoodie hoodie shit so only two lines out of the entire song? camron say, he is actually decent.. he the 2nd best lyricist that came outta dipset... the first being J.R. Writer... now that #################### is NNNIIICCCEEEE
    see we were agreeing up until bolded. okay when he first came out in what '99, yeah he was decent, but once he started doing Mother Goose rhymes that dude is garbage (that was said with a phony French accent). Like forreal second best in dipset, is really not something to be proud of . I usually don't limit myself to one region when it comes to rap...okay I lie, I listen to everybody east of the Mississippi with the exception of Snoop and some Mid-West folks.

Credits
    aside from da fact all his videos look like dey was made from a camera phone, track is tuff

Spranga
    bump for the noobs

Credits
    gucci mane is da new boi pon de block. i see a big future fi him

guccccccccccccccccci

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post

guccccccccccccccccci
    Oh gosh I was forced to listen to him for a short period today...

Cush is my cologne...over and over repeat and you have a hit...smh

Spranga

guccccccccccccccccci
    yea. cell block 4

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellooo Brooklyn View Post
    Yo dont them shits sound fake as hell, like they exaggeratin that shits...

Why you hear dat shit on certain rappers but others from the same area dont be soundin like that...

Not only that, they will pronounce certain words with that exaggerated bullshit like pronouncin Scary like Scuuuury but they will say Hairy just as it supposed to sound, hairy... They two have the same vowel sounds and sylables but y the get different pronounciations...

And rappers from back in the day wasnt soundin like that, Scarface, Luther Campble, 95 South they wasnt talkin like that... but rappers now from those same hoods talkin wit that nonsense accent

And since when is soundin like a minstrel show cool..
    I would guess for the same reasons as anywhere else...some might have soaked up more education and got better grades in English than others. ROFL

I have a friend that sounds like PLIES. He's from Bainbridge, GAWWWJA and I NEVER understand anything til he says it 2 or 3 times. Somehow though when he's flirting he makes sure he's a little clearer so I get it the first time around! lol

He has a HS diploma and is in trade school.

Have another friend from the same exact town who has a college degree and is in the military, looking to go into secret service eventually.

His voice is so clear he was a radio dj for most of college, and well known in the big bend area too.

It's the same thing with Bonecrusher versus Ludacris.

To me the clearer one sounds more intelligent...but not to say the other person dumb cause the trade school friend have sense. And is a generally nice guy, just might as well be speaking Arabic sometimes. More times.

AND STRANGEST OF THEM ALLLLLL

Guy from Clarendon had the WUSSEST Jamaican patois when him talking to Jamaicans...I mean i had to make sure my ears clean clean to understand it! And when he was talking to his pitbull-walking, marina wearing fren dem from down south....JEEEEEZOM he sounds like the molasses-mouth dude from Bainbridge! He finished high school up here in the hood high school for the little college town near bainbridge, so i guess that is how he picked up that nasty habit, but i swear i have to turn decoder when him get roun dem bwoy deh.

And he had a 3rd speech for everybody else that sounded like a normal jamaican man speaking english.

Him chat BAD man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Stop hating Boss

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS SONG!

Theme song for all of bike week! That kept me awake trailering 9 bikes back home on a straight drive from myrtle beach to Tallahassee! I just kept that one song on repeat loud as hell. lol My friend had to take over when the guys in the truck got sick and tired of hearing the same song over and over...cause i would start weaving on the road i was so tired.
    Last edited by EloquenceInc; 01-30-2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

Credits

guccccccccccccccccci
    Gucci aint new... He been out since 98 or 99... he just now blowin up for some reason

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    I would guess for the same reasons as anywhere else...some might have soaked up more education and got better grades in English than others. ROFL

I have a friend that sounds like PLIES. He's from Bainbridge, GAWWWJA and I NEVER understand anything til he says it 2 or 3 times. Somehow though when he's flirting he makes sure he's a little clearer so I get it the first time around! lol

He has a HS diploma and is in trade school.

Have another friend from the same exact town who has a college degree and is in the military, looking to go into secret service eventually.

His voice is so clear he was a radio dj for most of college, and well known in the big bend area too.

It's the same thing with Bonecrusher versus Ludacris.

To me the clearer one sounds more intelligent...but not to say the other person dumb cause the trade school friend have sense. And is a generally nice guy, just might as well be speaking Arabic sometimes. More times.

AND STRANGEST OF THEM ALLLLLL

Guy from Clarendon had the WUSSEST Jamaican patois when him talking to Jamaicans...I mean i had to make sure my ears clean clean to understand it! And when he was talking to his pitbull-walking, marina wearing fren dem from down south....JEEEEEZOM he sounds like the molasses-mouth dude from Bainbridge! He finished high school up here in the hood high school for the little college town near bainbridge, so i guess that is how he picked up that nasty habit, but i swear i have to turn decoder when him get roun dem bwoy deh.

And he had a 3rd speech for everybody else that sounded like a normal jamaican man speaking english.

Him chat BAD man.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS SONG!

Theme song for all of bike week! That kept me awake trailering 9 bikes back home on a straight drive from myrtle beach to Tallahassee! I just kept that one song on repeat loud as hell. lol My friend had to take over when the guys in the truck got sick and tired of hearing the same song over and over...cause i would start weaving on the road i was so tired.
    I heard Bonecrusher and Plies have college degrees... i think i heard Bonecrusher got his masters in something and Plies got a bach in Nursing... I know for a fact David Banner has a masters

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234