Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something Heavy on Meh Chest today

Credits

Something Heavy on Meh Chest today

I have to get dis one off meh chest, cause a feel like a might catch ah charge if ah act on what ah feeling today...

Here is de scene....I only know a few of you guys, those of you who know me know ah does do a lil promotion an ting. Not frequent but we does do we lil ting nice. Anyway, next venture coming up, done secure meh music (contract and ting), so things rolling, flyer dropping dis week.... to my surprise ah see a flyer for de same date as we wid DJ's that these guys and dem KNOW they don't have....cause I HAVE them (keep in mind this is a boatride, so man not swimming from boat to boat wid records) This sort of thing is not uncommon, and I am not the king of person that gets shook off of someone else, there is enough people out there for every promoter to eat ah food, yet I feel that these is the GEDI mindgames that @#$%ing up we culture. So....should I
    a) commence to @ss kicking!!!
    b) pull flyers and make mention of situation on flyer.
    c) rock back and trust that the righteous shall always walk in the way of the light and receive blessings.
    d) refrain from getting vex and call these cats out on their nonsense directly?

Please advise, cause in the words of Bunji...IS VEX AH VEX!!!!!

Credits

RE: Something Heavy on Meh Chest today

i say D. dey dont have no damn mannas!!!x(

Credits

1) Make absolutely sure that your DJs are coming, you have a ocntract right?
    2) Proceed with the ass kicking, if you need help e-mail me
    3) Pass out the flyers
    4) Enjoy yuh boat ride

Credits

Hmmm. I will say this carefully. How come it have so many DJ's but boatrides double book? To your situation you should secure who coming who not haul dey mudda big nose and get someone else. People who believe in your promotion and who remember the first will come. Remember is not the DJ's that make a promotion is a Promotion that makes a promotion

Credits

Question? What date and time date we talking about here? Because people money gonna be jumping up! [font face=Tahoma]Text[/font]

Credits

oil,
    e) lemme and djinferno kick dey ass.

why are people f$%#%%%ing around???? there is enough drama out there to deal with- now this??

Credits

Thanks Natty, Djnferno, & Executive!!!!

My DJ's are totally secure and I have spoken to them regarding this matter and they are even scratching their heads.As I said before, it have people enough out there for everyone, so that's not my issue, and Executive said it best "who remember the first will be at the next". My beef is really the whole principal of the matter.

I am still considering taking Natty & DJNferno up on their offer LOL.

Credits

Natty yuh not easy !!!! first OilInDeCoil , yuh have to talk to yuh DJ's and find out what really going on , some promoters does put down DJ's on a flyer and doh even contact dem , some promoters doh cyar bout other promoters , yuh just have to call the other promoter and work it out . If yuh start ah beef with them it cause the both promotions to fail . As The Executive say , ah DJ doh make the promotions , the promoter have to do all the ground work .

Dragon

[font color="Black" size="3" face="face"]Do you have an exclusive contract with them? Because some DJís take jobs knowing they have to play for another promoter and send their friends to play instead. . What you need to do is kick some A$$ . I could understand if where booked for a party after your boat ride but not 2 boats on the same day. Sometimes promoters are not to be blame. The DJís has a responsibility to be truthful with a promoter and say I am sorry but I cant play on your ride because I am on SO and SO boat ride. Remember the names and donít hire them next time [/font]

[font color="Orange" size="4" face=""]Tickets are on sale for the july 6th party @ volume 2
    e-mail dragon@islandmix.com I will deliver your tickets *

you must live in Brooklyn ,Queens or Long Island
    [/font]

Credits

Dragon:

I know that at times people can be shady, however I spoke with my guys that are booked with me and they are really lit by the fact that these shady cats did this totally without their consent!!!!!

I think I am leaning toward taking the advice that you gave earlier... time to put on the gloves and handle this story. When yuh see the two flyers you and everyone else will be like whey de @#$ is dis!!!!!

Pressure!!!

Dragon

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-02 AT 12:57 PM (EST)][font color="Black" size="2" face="face"]Let your IslandMix family know the name of the promoter so we can boycott their events [/font]

Member of the IslandMix Mafia since 1999.
    [font color="Orange" size="4" face=""]Tickets are on sale for the july 6th party @ volume 2
    e-mail dragon@islandmix.com I will deliver your tickets *

you must live in Brooklyn ,Queens or Long Island
    [/font]

Credits

1) Since you DJ's are secured to be on your boat it is up to you all to let the public know that. People have alot more respect for DJ's than they think. If they make it known which boat they are on the crowd will follow.

2)Then you need to have a non-confrontational ( my new word) meeting with the other promoters and find out exactly what is going on. Reference back to your contracted DJs, if necessary.

3) Promote, promote, promote yuh ride til everyone knows about it. Let me know the details. My crew and I will definitely be present! If yuh ride was a hit last year, I am sure it will be a hit this year too.

[font color=red]~*~Just my opinion-love it or leave it~*~[/font color]

Credits

But if none ah dat don't work. E-mail me, I'll round up the fellahs and we could get de azz kicking started. Look how dem man lie, dem rude and outa order. :)

Credits

See why I love my Imix family. They always ready to fight for their people..then ask questions later!!

[font color=red]~*~Just my opinion-love it or leave it~*~[/font color]

Credits

Always ready to defend de family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast