Thread: So In Non English Countries

Credits

So In Non English Countries

them nah no censoring for english songs? was juss listenin to some martinique radio and im dyin at how much cuss im hearin....not a good look

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BOOMBASTIC View Post
    them nah no censoring for english songs? was juss listenin to some martinique radio and im dyin at how much cuss im hearin....not a good look
    usually dem nuh sensor foreign media no matter what country you're in. I remember when reggaeton first buss into mainstream media in NY I used to hear nuff cussword in spanish, wasn't until they got their own station that they started to censor.

Same with when Ramping Shop came out back in 08, I remember the first few times I hear it in NY on the radio it was uncut and I was like wtf
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    usually dem nuh sensor foreign media no matter what country you're in. I remember when reggaeton first buss into mainstream media in NY I used to hear nuff cussword in spanish, wasn't until they got their own station that they started to censor.

Same with when Ramping Shop came out back in 08, I remember the first few times I hear it in NY on the radio it was uncut and I was like wtf
    interesting

Credits
    They've never censored Reggae tunes in the French West Indies because we don't know what the hell they're saying. I remember listening to our stations all the time and hear Dancehall tunes cussing from start to finish. The same used to happen with Hip Hop but they've somehow gotten better with that. It's easier to find clean versions for those.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    They've never censored Reggae tunes in the French West Indies because we don't know what the hell they're saying. I remember listening to our stations all the time and hear Dancehall tunes cussing from start to finish. The same used to happen with Hip Hop but they've somehow gotten better with that. It's easier to find clean versions for those.
    they dont know what the hell dey saying? dat might be true for most words, but dey definately know de cuss words. and its not only reggae, its all music; especially hip hop.
    Last edited by MR.BOOMBASTIC; 06-23-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BOOMBASTIC View Post
    they dont know what the hell dey saying? dat might be true for most words, but dey definately know de cuss words. and its not only reggae, its all music; especially hip hop.
    You forget that 90% of English speakers themselves can't understand a word of Patois, it's more or less a separate language so its easy for people to not hear half of the cuss words, especially if the artist is spitting fast. Never mind if English is your second (or technically third) language
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own