Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: so it's ok to hate gays but not ok to be a racist

Credits

so it's ok to hate gays but not ok to be a racist

explain that?

i ask because there are cultural things that dictate certain aspects of one's character, that i may be morally against...like say polygamy...just for an example

is it ok to be a racist in that sense, if i am MORALLY AND SPIRITUALLY against polygamy?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    You're for homosexuality but against polygamy?

I lost

Credits
    What is the driving force behind this morality and spirituality?
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    You're for homosexuality but against polygamy?

I lost
    what does one have to do with the other?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Gladiator
    Most recent was Colin Powell..Every week more and more coming out supporting Gays and Same Sex marriage, I guess it will be a federal law soon

Colin Powell favors same-sex marriage : My VoiceTv

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo$$ View Post
    What is the driving force behind this morality and spirituality?

don't ask me, as the overtly moral and spiritual people on the board that feel it's ok to hate gays but not ok to be a racist

like tmakaa and picong and perhaps dollbabi....i don't know

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    what does one have to do with the other?
    Nothing, but people who are against polygamy are just as bigoted as those who are against homosexuality.

Credits
    Nothing, but people who are against polygamy are just as bigoted as those who are against homosexuality.
    so then answer the question.....if a person is against homosexuality then those people should be JUST AS BIGOTED (ie: racist) towards cultures that promote polygamy?

Credits
    don't ask me, as the overtly moral and spiritual people on the board that feel it's ok to hate gays but not ok to be a racist

I think you have confused aversion to homosexuality with hating individuals who live that life. Disliking the "lifestyle" because of religious beliefs which have also shaped the cultural position against it where many of us are from, has nothing to do with "hate" for gays. Racists generally use their hatred for a race of people to oppress them. When racism prevents you from achieving things in your life, I doubt one would be able to make a case that I hate the race but I like you lol.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    SMH.

Please don't call my name in anything such as this when you have not a clue about my stance on the matter, even if you say perhaps.

1. I don't hate gays.
    2. I don't hate racists.
    3. I do NOT support bans against gay marriage.

THAT is based on my overly moral & spiritual position.

Ad nauseum.

Credits
    so then answer the question.....if a person is against homosexuality then those people should be JUST AS BIGOTED (ie: racist) towards cultures that promote polygamy?
    I say everybody should go by a motto. Let people do and be what they choose as long as it has no effect on outside parties.
    Catracha305 likes this.

Credits
    Not really. I'm all for gay rights as I feel it has no bearing on myself and the society I live in. I'm not ok with polygamy being legal as I feel it will undermine family structure, hence having an effect on the society I live in and the children involved. Some ppl are for or against things for spiritual or moral reasons and some care not what spiritual or moral things ppl choose as long as we don't feel it hurts us or others.

Nikki I don't think you'd be wrong to have a problem with certain cultural tenets...wouldn't make you a racist. ie, if you decided to campaign against Sudanese female circumcision, that wouldn't make you racist against Sudanese.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

T-MAKAA
    I'm gonna sit this one out. I'll read tho

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Not really. I'm all for gay rights as I feel it has no bearing on myself and the society I live in. I'm not ok with polygamy being legal as I feel it will undermine family structure, hence having an effect on the society I live in and the children involved. Some ppl are for or against things for spiritual or moral reasons and some care not what spiritual or moral things ppl choose as long as we don't feel it hurts us or others.

Nikki I don't think you'd be wrong to have a problem with certain cultural tenets...wouldn't make you a racist. ie, if you decided to campaign against Sudanese female circumcision, that wouldn't make you racist against Sudanese.
    Wow

Similar arguments made by those who oppose gay marriage.

But go on.
    T-MAKAA likes this.

Credits
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast