View Poll Results: Am I Looking to much into this?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 9.09%
  • No

10 90.91%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I experienced something this weekend but i'm not quite sure....

Credits

Question So I experienced something this weekend but i'm not quite sure....

Me and my girls went to eat at a restaurant in the city. At first we were going to Carmine's but because of the wait, we ended up going to a different restaurant( I will tell the name after i get feedback) so we got to the restaurant, it seemed pretty nice and cozy. There were about 15 tables and about 4-5 of them were occupied. They attended to us and sat us in the middle of the restaurant. The Waiter came to us with the normal verbiage then we ordered. I ordered shrimp fettucine alfredo, when he repeated my order, he said 'mushroom alfredo' I then corrected him and told him 'shrimp alfredo'. when they brought my meal, it was the musrhoom alfredo. After I told them again that i ordered shrimp alfredo, they promptly took it back and brought my correct order. Now here is where it gets interesting....about 10-15 minutes after we started eating, the waiter kept coming over to us asking us is everything ok. As soon as i finished my last shrimp, he came out of nowhere and took my plate and my other friend's plate, my third friend wasn't even finished and they attempted to take hers. So after they took the plates, they began cleaning our table so we are like ooookkkk...the waiter came back and asked us if we were interested in dessert, we were so we requested the menu. Me and my friend ordered gelato while the other friend ordered cheese cake....After about 2 spoons from my gelato, the waiter brought the bill and placed it in front of my friend with the cheese cake. She probably only took one bite of the cheese cake prior to him doing that. At this point we are feeling a bit 'Awkward'. Right after that, there was a Caucasian couple sitting behind us. They were sitting there for a while then all of a sudden they asked to be moved to a seat on the other side of the restaurant. So we looked around and realized we were the only black people in the restaurant. So we promptly paid our bill and left...

Am I looking to much into this? I've never felt like that in a restaurant since i've been in this country...
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

T-MAKAA
    It can go either way. Can't say it was because u were black..but can't dimiss it either.

Was the place crowded..meaning was there plenty people waiting to be seated?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    It can go either way. Can't say it was because u were black..but can't dimiss it either.

Was the place crowded..meaning was there plenty people waiting to be seated?
    No there were about 5 tables occupied, by the time we left there were about 3-4.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    seems fishy, was it close to closing time? they were clearly trying to rush u guys outta there

Credits
    The only thing that is clear is that they were rushing you guys. Instead of rushing to pay the bill and exit you guys should have addressed it. Forget about if the other people didn't want to sit near you. That's their business. As long as you guys were behaving in a normal manner then I don't see the issue.

If you still feel some type of way about it I would call up the place and speak to a manager. Voice your concerns. Do you remember the name of this waiter?
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    ok never an excuse for poor service. he should not have taken the plates unless he asked or you motioned to him to take it. The bill thing not so out of the ordinary especially since desert was ordered already. still should have waited. As far as the white couple, were the group of you loud or something?

Kakez868
    LoL...That's Ah' Weird One Fuh' Trute..Ion Even Know.

But Yuh' Should Definitely Go And Post This As A Review On A Restaurant Site

Credits
    If was me in the restaurant I mighta dilly dally and waste time just to really see what they were up to. You would never know for sure now so if was me I'd just forget it now.
    ‎"In the absence of light Darkness prevails."

"Free will; it's a b*tch"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    Me and my girls went to eat at a restaurant in the city. At first we were going to Carmine's but because of the wait, we ended up going to a different restaurant( I will tell the name after i get feedback) so we got to the restaurant, it seemed pretty nice and cozy. There were about 15 tables and about 4-5 of them were occupied. They attended to us and sat us in the middle of the restaurant. The Waiter came to us with the normal verbiage then we ordered. I ordered shrimp fettucine alfredo, when he repeated my order, he said 'mushroom alfredo' I then corrected him and told him 'shrimp alfredo'. when they brought my meal, it was the musrhoom alfredo. After I told them again that i ordered shrimp alfredo, they promptly took it back and brought my correct order. Now here is where it gets interesting....about 10-15 minutes after we started eating, the waiter kept coming over to us asking us is everything ok. As soon as i finished my last shrimp, he came out of nowhere and took my plate and my other friend's plate, my third friend wasn't even finished and they attempted to take hers. So after they took the plates, they began cleaning our table so we are like ooookkkk...the waiter came back and asked us if we were interested in dessert, we were so we requested the menu. Me and my friend ordered gelato while the other friend ordered cheese cake....After about 2 spoons from my gelato, the waiter brought the bill and placed it in front of my friend with the cheese cake. She probably only took one bite of the cheese cake prior to him doing that. At this point we are feeling a bit 'Awkward'. Right after that, there was a Caucasian couple sitting behind us. They were sitting there for a while then all of a sudden they asked to be moved to a seat on the other side of the restaurant. So we looked around and realized we were the only black people in the restaurant. So we promptly paid our bill and left...

Am I looking to much into this? I've never felt like that in a restaurant since i've been in this country...
    WHAT WERE U NEGROES DOING IN WHITE PEOPLE'S RESTAURANT?

ARYO TART ARYO WERE TOO GOOD r HIP FOR SYLVIA'S?

GOOD FO ARYO.

YUHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    I wish ah Mofo would try to take my plate an meen finish eating, something doh sound right at all.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    hmmm sounds like a restaurant i heard of one time that was really beastly with gettin diners out.... like the waiters would come over and ask u if u wud be much longer after u had dessert ...
    but check dis link out lol

Chubby's New York Food Diary + some travel eats: OCEANA: Asians eat at the back... How RACIST!!!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    I wish ah Mofo would try to take my plate an meen finish eating, something doh sound right at all.
    dat happened to us at the hilton TnT already..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Interesting, it would seem as though there is some discrimination of some sorts. This happen to an ex and I in NY like three years ago, funny enough it was an Italian rest. There's just some things you can't dispel. Don't think your reading too much into anything, pack or not its no excuse.
    Traditional Methods Bore Me...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jolie View Post
    seems fishy, was it close to closing time? they were clearly trying to rush u guys outta there
    It was around 9pm on a friday night in the theater district. I doubt it was close to closing time.

Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    The only thing that is clear is that they were rushing you guys. Instead of rushing to pay the bill and exit you guys should have addressed it. Forget about if the other people didn't want to sit near you. That's their business. As long as you guys were behaving in a normal manner then I don't see the issue.

If you still feel some type of way about it I would call up the place and speak to a manager. Voice your concerns. Do you remember the name of this waiter?
    Nah don't remember the waiter's name. I think i'll just post a review on Yelp.

Quote Originally Posted by caribflexbk View Post
    ok never an excuse for poor service. he should not have taken the plates unless he asked or you motioned to him to take it. The bill thing not so out of the ordinary especially since desert was ordered already. still should have waited. As far as the white couple, were the group of you loud or something?
    I don't think we were loud. I mean it was 3 girls just catching up and having a good time. Nothing Ghetto or outrageous.

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    pm me the name of dis restarant so i can stay outta there please..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast