Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I am talking to someone that doesn't have their HS Diploma/GED

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits

So I am talking to someone that doesn't have their HS Diploma/GED

I been friends with this person for a while and he is the first person I KNOW, man or woman, to not have it. His reasoning "That school sh!t is b.s." "I'm smarter than most of those ppl anyway." In this fockin day and age, what would possess u to not have it? Something as BASIC as that? Am I missing something?

I can't believe my ears.
    Last edited by MadamStatuesque; 12-09-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

TC
    Credits
    TAlk to him a bit more and encourage him to get it. he is probably ashamed of some learning disorder he has or something why hes not moving on with his education.

Credits
    Does this person have a job?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    TAlk to him a bit more and encourage him to get it. he is probably ashamed of some learning disorder he has or something why hes not moving on with his education.
    gyul furthest thing from it eh. is bullsh!t reasons he giving me. steups.

he wants to prove that one can make it to the top WITHOUT having any sort of formal education. some ppl, very few ppl, can, and majority cant. he's in music and is talented but this is the same dude that doesnt see the importance in an English class for business or Accounting and he doesnt fathom how those two would apply. lawdddddddddd

Credits
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Probably doing construction or something...

A young fella(i'm assuming). The road will be very hard and bumpy for him in the future if he continues with that mentality...
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    used to. currently unemployed and focusing on music. im really trying to be a friend right now cuz his own mom is allowing the slackness. 25 and he's still home, working on music, with no job and working on music. i think it's just cuz he pays the rent and doesn't get into trouble that she not gettin on him.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    he wants to prove that one can make it to the top WITHOUT having any sort of formal education. some ppl, very few ppl, can, and majority cant. he's in music and is talented but this is the same dude that doesnt see the importance in an English class for business or Accounting and he doesnt fathom how those two would apply. lawdddddddddd
    he'll be one of those that moves to the middle of the woods to avoid paying taxes..."FUK the man!" lol

Credits
    used to. currently unemployed and focusing on music. im really trying to be a friend right now cuz his own mom is allowing the slackness. 25 and he's still home, working on music, with no job and working on music. i think it's just cuz he pays the rent and doesn't get into trouble that she not gettin on him.
    SMH what is up with these young black men and these Music dreams..I mean its all good if you have a talent and you really enjoy doing it but alot of them act like music is their way out...It's always best and SMART to have something to fall back on...
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    Outdoor pharmacist?
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    Outdoor pharmacist?
    The correct term is street pharmacist.

Credits
    I been friends with this person for a while and he is the first person I KNOW, man or woman, to not have it. His reasoning "That school sh!t is b.s." "I'm smarter than most of those ppl anyway." In this fockin day and age, what would possess u to not have it? Something as BASIC as that? Am I missing something?

I can't believe my ears.
    exactly.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    Outdoor pharmacist?
    No. Used to work for a while with UPS so his unemployment check (yes my nosey a$$ saw it.. lol) is quite ok. And is not like they rent is ridiculously high (cuz of where they live). She goes half on it with him and he pays the other bills.
    Last edited by MadamStatuesque; 12-09-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Credits
    Low standards from these men's mothers is what make them go out in the world and inflict demself on women and expect her to have low standards for him too!

Paying rent and staying out of trouble...well she suppose to pay her own rent, she and a husband...why she as the parent depending on a child who not yet established for roof over her head? And NOT getting in trouble...is not a standard it's a minimum to be a functioning adult human. lol.

Ugh that whole setup is such a lead weight and handicap to men in life...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    SMH what is up with these young black men and these Music dreams..I mean its all good if you have a talent and you really enjoy doing it but alot of them act like music is their way out...It's always best and SMART to have something to fall back on...
    i tired telling him that.. steups. if he makes it, good for him. if not, we'll see what happens.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by brownilus View Post
    low standards from these men's mothers is what make them go out in the world and inflict demself on women and expect her to have low standards for him too!

Paying rent and staying out of trouble...well she suppose to pay her own rent, she and a husband...why she as the parent depending on a child who not yet established for roof over her head?

Ugh that whole setup is such a lead weight and handicap to men in life...
    thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast