Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So ah teachin my son to read

Kiz
    Credits

So ah teachin my son to read

Bingy giving trouble to learn to read.......everytime it's time to read...something scratching, he hungry, he have to do do, he sleepy.............but ah soon as we dun.....all ah hearing is "Gun man gorn ah stray, rah rah rah"

ah gonna start beating him

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz View Post
    Bingy giving trouble to learn to read.......everytime it's time to read...something scratching, he hungry, he have to do do, he sleepy.............but ah soon as we dun.....all ah hearing is "Gun man gorn ah stray, rah rah rah"

Well, I don't think beating him is gonna solve it. It might just make him hate reading even more. Is he good with numbers? Coz there are alot of kids who don't have much interest in reading, but are great with numbers.

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by direct_effect View Post
    Well, I don't think beating him is gonna solve it. It might just make him hate reading even more. Is he good with numbers? Coz there are alot of kids who don't have much interest in reading, but are great with numbers.
    yeah ah noticed that he is good with numbers.......

Credits

he sound like my son when it come to doing homework.....he have to do every thing but what he supposed to do.

Credits

thats how my brother was too.....
    Start him off with a book about something that
    interests him..like some power rangers, or elmo
    or something so..

Credits

get the man a mic and some amps and a guitar...he might be the next Machel......

Credits
    do you read with him or just have him read.
    you might want to try reading some intersting books to him. get him excited about wanting to know what hapened in the story lines. So that he will want to find out for himself.

allso try commic books. get him to read them and tell you the story.

Credits

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    do you read with him or just have him read.
    you might want to try reading some intersting books to him. get him excited about wanting to know what hapened in the story lines. So that he will want to find out for himself.

allso try commic books. get him to read them and tell you the story.
    I read to him too...........lately I use the interactive reading tools on the internet cuz he likes the computer........but if it's to pick up the book.......it's ah long drama

Credits
    I read to him too...........lately I use the interactive reading tools on the internet cuz he likes the computer........but if it's to pick up the book.......it's ah long drama
    like yuh vex he taking away yuh Imix time at night, leave the man on deh computer

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BAGOSOLDIER View Post
    like yuh vex he taking away yuh Imix time at night, leave the man on deh computer
    how yuh kno

nah but that boy is ah sample.......

Credits

*Cara drops dead* you sure is not my son you have?? well instead he does sing "ganga farmer" dem flicking boy chile

Credits

Like my little brother hated reading as well, but what my moms did was take him to the bookstore and let him pick out his own books. Then he started to read them with her and on his own because they were books HE wanted to read.

CQ
    Credits
    thats kids for yuh lol but keep insisting and make it fun
    Get him into a rountine.

Also take turn reading and when its your turn skip a few words to see if he is following and praise him for doing a good job.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlilexxy View Post

Like my little brother hated reading as well, but what my moms did was take him to the bookstore and let him pick out his own books. Then he started to read them with her and on his own because they were books HE wanted to read.
    Very good advice....that along with reading to him...and really acting out what you're reading...making it interesting. I have to big up my wife and her mother here. They started reading to my son before he could walk. Now before he goes to bed he takes one of his books with him, turns on his nightlight and reads aloud until he falls asleep. He can read just about anything you put in front of him and he is only four years old.
    As far as i'm concerned with you get a child interested in reading you open up a whole new world to them and the possibilites become endless. Everything starts from reading...in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast