Thread: Snitch!

Mad Scorpion

Snitch!

It's so interesting that society's morals can be easily eroded based on what the media presents to us. Instead of seeing yourself as upstanding, truthful and honorable we see ourselves as snitches and rats through the eyes of the media for telling the truth. Just last week before the Dollar Van incident I was watching on TV how they were refering to the ex mobster who decieded to testify against Gotti Jr. I swear I heard the word RAT at least 5 times in a 2 minute piece. At some point we have to take responsibility for our actions and involvement in things. I say be honest. It might be unpopular with some but like they always say "the truth shall set you free."

Credits
    people doh deal in the truth anymore....its a shame but bein truthful and honest seems like the exception rather than the rule.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Studded General
    It's so interesting that society's morals can be easily eroded based on what the media presents to us. Instead of seeing yourself as upstanding, truthful and honorable we see ourselves as snitches and rats through the eyes of the media for telling the truth. Just last week before the Dollar Van incident I was watching on TV how they were refering to the ex mobster who decieded to testify against Gotti Jr. I swear I heard the word RAT at least 5 times in a 2 minute piece. At some point we have to take responsibility for our actions and involvement in things. I say be honest. It might be unpopular with some but like they always say "the truth shall set you free."
    Ditto.

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by soca junkie
    people doh deal in the truth anymore....its a shame but bein truthful and honest seems like the exception rather than the rule.
    I remember watchin de news story and thinking to myself why are they trying to villify the man for comming forward. True he is an exmobster but does that mean he should never tell the truth in court?

Credits
    Problem is, the good of the community don't mean shit to people any more. You are thought of as somehow being against the community by railing against the very forces within it trying to destroy it.

Credits
    as they say where i'm from "snitches get stitches"...

Credits
    STOP SNITCHIN!

a joke....

people slowing moving away from what's ethica or morall. Its all about the progress of the TEAM regardless of the objective. Its a difference between telling your home boy his girl is cheating and a dollar van hitting a woman...I never followed the story closely but if passengers made a deal with drivers then they also have that woman's blood on their hands...

Credits
    Interesting points.....
    One of my students came to school with one of those stupid ass "stop snitching" t shirts.....steups I asked him why he was wearing that shirt and he proudly said cuz i'm not a snitch.....i think i'm gonna take a class to talk about this. Cuz between the media and hip hop these kids are getting real messed up. As someone who used to work with criminals...rapists, murderers, the whole nine...i can honesty say that when the shit hits the fan 98% of them SNITCH......and its probably the first and only time in their miserable lives that they've ever told the truth.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by haitiandiva
    as they say where i'm from "snitches get stitches"...
    I can only assume that you support this?

God forbid someone in your family is the victim of some sort of crime and that your family should need someone to come forward and testify.

I personally think this is the stupidest, most ########################ish, asinine type of behavior that black people tend to indulge in...including jackass Carmelo Anthony. I understand not wanting to be a sell out...I understand not wanting to put your family in danger...but because of this stupid groupthink mentality we have the mother of an imixer laid up in the hospital and the idiot who ran her over running around scot free.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    Interesting points.....
    One of my students came to school with one of those stupid ass "stop snitching" t shirts.....steups I asked him why he was wearing that shirt and he proudly said cuz i'm not a snitch.....i think i'm gonna take a class to talk about this. Cuz between the media and hip hop these kids are getting real messed up. As someone who used to work with criminals...rapists, murderers, the whole nine...i can honesty say that when the shit hits the fan 98% of them SNITCH......and its probably the first and only time in their miserable lives that they've ever told the truth.....
    The funny thing about this is I was reading a Don Diva Magazine and the maker of the DVD tried to clarify what he meant by stop snitching is people who commit crimes and get caught and then rat out others should stop. I think his point got lost though. But this thing has gotten out of hand. People complain about crime rate high in there neighborhood but yet dont want to cooperate to help bring down the crime.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Studded General
    I remember watchin de news story and thinking to myself why are they trying to villify the man for comming forward. True he is an exmobster but does that mean he should never tell the truth in court?
    was it so much a case of him 'snitching' or 'ratting out' to Get the TRUTH out, or was it to Get HIMSELF outa hot water? i think that may be where the issue lies. Is he doing the right thing by bringing injustice perpitrated out, or, to be exempted from charges himself? enlighten me...i may be in the dark here a bit.

Credits

True thing your saying there sir. But look at everything, not just the incident in a bottle of here and now as if the degradation of the rest of society doesn't influence it in some major way. Look to the state of the inner city family for one. I swear if I hear some other young warrior referring to a gang as "My fam" implying that these are whom he will take his intellectual and moral guidance from I'll puke. At least one generation of yutes (regardless of race) has been abandoned. And now that "lose lips sink ships" et cetera, and so on mentality has some how become the false and twisted mantra of the youth today. There has been similar saying through out time (I would swear that some fool drilled it into his cronies head so that they won't tell on him), and like some unseen osmosis effect it filters into the rest of society. As for the papers using the "rat" statement itís a combination of reckless reporting in hopes to gain readership with shock value name calling, and the fact that the editors or reporters themselves probably find it difficult to glorify any mobster, much less one who has broken the bond of fellowship that is so infamous in the lifestyle.

~Bless~