Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small island music on de rise?

Credits

small island music on de rise?

small island music on de rise...st croix and st kitts started off on good food this yr......

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by small island rep View Post
    small island music on de rise...st croix and st kitts started off on good food this yr......
    Could you help us understand what you mean by "on de rise"

Does it mean that people in St Croix and St Kitts are Purchasing or Exporting more local music?

Could you give us examples of the popular tunes and the names of the artistes that perform them?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Credits
    yes small islans music definately steppin up, butnot only st crois and st kitts, evry small island is beginn 2 produce better music.

Spranga
    i doh find so

Credits
    First off I HATE the term "Small Island". Stop using it people cause to everyone outside the Caribbean we are small islands. Yea i agree So far Virgin Islands has been impressive this year. Keep up the good work guys

Credits

Small island music

Im ah dj from di virgin islands...as u can see i like usin this term to show we can tek ah negative turn it into ah positive................music from my islands are hard to get unless u know de connects or djs themselves.....we been put out hits for years...but u have those from other islands that dont respect music from islands that are "smaller"....chunes like man terrible from jam band watch de creep up small axe iron band burning flames........etc it hurts to see our music really dont geh de credit....thats y i push my islands that are considered "small" to its fullest...islands like bvi usvi anguilla st maarten statia saba st kitts/nevis antigua domonica monserate dont geh di respect......

Credits
    FROM UP 2 DATE AND OLD SCHOOL CHUNES ESPECIALLY DE OLD SCHOOL CHUNES LAWDO....JUS CUZ OUR STYLEE OF SOCA IS DIFFERENT DOES NOT MEK IT ANY DIFFERENT...SO MUCH CHUNES WE HAVE AND PPL MAY HAVE HEARD NEVA KNEW IT WAS AH "small island" CHUNE......WHOLE MOUTH OVA DE WHOLE IS FROM DI VIRGIN ISLANDS I HEAR PPL SINGING IT THAT ARE NOT FROM AH SMALL ISLAND AND RIGHT NOW I WAHN WHALE FROM ST KITTS IS TEARIN UP DE ISLANDS...BAILA FROM ST CROIX, LOOK PON RIDDEM FROM SXM.....AROUND DI WORLD FROM PANTHA VIBZ OUT OF ANGUILLA....LOTS OF SONGS THAT DONT GEH DI DUE.....I PLAY ALL ISLANDS NO ISLAND LEF BEHIND BUH I AM AH SMALL ISALND DJ ST THOMAS USVI DADDY FRIDAY R.I.P

Credits
    Im ah dj from di virgin islands...as u can see i like usin this term to show we can tek ah negative turn it into ah positive................music from my islands are hard to get unless u know de connects or djs themselves.....we been put out hits for years...but u have those from other islands that dont respect music from islands that are "smaller"....chunes like man terrible from jam band watch de creep up small axe iron band burning flames........etc it hurts to see our music really dont geh de credit....thats y i push my islands that are considered "small" to its fullest...islands like bvi usvi anguilla st maarten statia saba st kitts/nevis antigua domonica monserate dont geh di respect......
    Your music will remain "small" because of that quote. What outsiders have to do...stick you guys up and teef your chunes?
    Last edited by BRIAN; 04-09-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Credits
    All Islands are small, so whas the point of your tale.

Credits
    point is my friend some use it as ah bad ting to downgrade islands...i know people look at it as all islands are small but to some others feel its not...its jus ah nickname for some or ah deragatory name as well....i use it to show that yeah it is ah bad name to use buh also to show that from such "small islands" big tings come out from deh.....

Credits
    and no music will not be "small" if people wahn de chunes or djs request dem.....if requested then the love would be there..buh because of people not wantin to hear dem nor wahn dem then it becomes an issue.....so too say it will be small from me sayin it its wrong......its ah label givin to us "islands' FROM ISLANDS DAT VIEW US "SMALL".....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bouyon king View Post
    evry small island is beginn 2 produce better music.
    My question is how to you measure "better music"?

Does this mean that there are more sales of certain tunes?

Does it means that certain artistes are increasing their bookings because of public demand?

Credits
    FROM UP 2 DATE AND OLD SCHOOL CHUNES ESPECIALLY DE OLD SCHOOL CHUNES LAWDO....JUS CUZ OUR STYLEE OF SOCA IS DIFFERENT DOES NOT MEK IT ANY DIFFERENT...SO MUCH CHUNES WE HAVE AND PPL MAY HAVE HEARD NEVA KNEW IT WAS AH "small island" CHUNE......WHOLE MOUTH OVA DE WHOLE IS FROM DI VIRGIN ISLANDS I HEAR PPL SINGING IT THAT ARE NOT FROM AH SMALL ISLAND AND RIGHT NOW I WAHN WHALE FROM ST KITTS IS TEARIN UP DE ISLANDS...BAILA FROM ST CROIX, LOOK PON RIDDEM FROM SXM.....AROUND DI WORLD FROM PANTHA VIBZ OUT OF ANGUILLA....LOTS OF SONGS THAT DONT GEH DI DUE.....I PLAY ALL ISLANDS NO ISLAND LEF BEHIND BUH I AM AH SMALL ISALND DJ ST THOMAS USVI DADDY FRIDAY R.I.P
    big tune. still can't forget how that took over antigua carnival '06.
    "Move bitc h, get out the way!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw429JGL5zo

"Does Gyptian - hold yuh tune means anything to you ? Do you zoom in or hug the monitor ?"

" Mr Jerktennisarmgalclownwirelesspusigettingnerd

kilobytes couldn't breed ladyspranga and it won't be breeding any gal.."

Credits

whole mouth

u serious...dah chune took ova anu...wow....lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by marabunta View Post
    My question is how to you measure "better music"?

Does this mean that there are more sales of certain tunes?

Does it means that certain artistes are increasing their bookings because of public demand?
    no such ting as better music....quality of music will always be good...buh its only when u have islands say deh music is better than other islands like trini may say it music better than bajan or vice versa...or music from grenada better than anguilla and etc...is it better cause an island may not be familiar wit other islands style....i see it we all have good music and soca can geh only better..buh when u have islands say "our soca is better than ours" jus on who is playin on de airwaves is wrong....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast