Thread: Sizzla Released Without Being Charged

Credits

Sizzla Released Without Being Charged

Sizzla released

REGGAE STAR SIZZLA was released on Monday evening without being charged, after a three day interrogation by police.

His attorney Glen Cruickshank stated yesterday that the police had nothing sufficient to keep him in custody much longer, hence his release.

Sizzla was being questioned in relation to 13 high powered guns the police dug out of a hole in the Judgment Yard section of August Town where Sizzla frequents.

By law, suspects taken in by the police cannot be held longer than 48 hours without being charged, but Sizzla was not charged even though he had been in custody since Thursday. Cruickshank explained that he had been pressing the police about that issue.

Cruickshank said that the investigations took longer than expected and the inability to host a question and answer session helped cause the delay.

No time

"They said they were doing an investigation and they could not get the time for a question and answer session. It was originally scheduled for Saturday but it never took place until Monday," he stated. "We were on them from the first day, but they did not get certain documents together in time."

Cruickshank stated that the question and answer segment was to determine if the singjay had knowledge of the guns, and the present crime wave hitting the August Town community.

"He denied having any knowledge of the guns that were found, and of having anything to do with it or any crime," the attorney continued.

Credits
    That's good news for Sizzla.

Hopefully the police can get to the bottom of the gun situation and put a reign on the problems in August Town. Yea, I know, is hope beyond hope, but.....*sigh*

Credits
    Yo, Sizzla is my favorite reggae artist but he need to stop the shit and live by some of the standards he sings about.

Juksan Stabbs
    I was gonna say "only in Jamaica" but from what i hear about some other islands...i now know dah en true so i gine refrain from commenting on dah. But i know ef dah was Barbados he woulda been processed in Glendairy LONGTIME!!!! (No Boost!!)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juksan Stabbs
    I was gonna say "only in Jamaica" but from what i hear about some other islands...i now know dah en true so i gine refrain from commenting on dah. But i know ef dah was Barbados he woulda been processed in Glendairy LONGTIME!!!! (No Boost!!)
    you saying in Barbados it's common to lock up ppl without proof they committed a crime?

Juksan Stabbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist
    you saying in Barbados it's common to lock up ppl without proof they committed a crime?
    Unless i read something wrong...he wasn't found in possesion of some serious artillery? I coulda sworn i saw dah in a post somewhere bout but if i'm mistaken...ah sorry hear? My mistake ef i'm mistaken!!