Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidi: African Tribe in India

Credits

Sidi: African Tribe in India

Beautiful Tribe...Beautiful People

Name:  sidi girl.jpg
Views: 2915
Size:  2.6 KB Sidi: African Tribe in India-wfs492b.jpg

The Sidi community lives mostly in Gujarat (in western India), with smaller populations settled in the neighboring state of Maharashtra and the southern states of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. There is no accurate census on the number of Sidis in India. According to various publications, there are no more than 20,000 in any one state. Although most Sidis live in villages, many are urban dwellers residing in towns and cities. Some also live in tribal surroundings and villages.

Descendants of African slaves and seamen, the ancestors of the Sidis came to India through sea trade with East Africa and the Gulf around the 12th century. They came from different areas such as Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan and later Zanzibar. The Sidis of Gujarat are Muslims with a strong Sufi tradition. They have to some extent assimilated into the local culture through their dress, food and language, though their dark skin and African features are distinctive. Some have even married outside of their community. But, by and large, they remain marginalized, leading a life of relative obscurity and poverty. In some districts, the government has accorded them the Scheduled Tribe status.

Their history lost in time, the Sidis' only link to their past is their devotional music and dance dedicated to Gori Pir, a Sufi saint from Africa. Known as Hazrat Mubarak Nobi, he is said to have come from Nubia to India from Africa via Mecca, and stopped in Basra (in Iraq) to study with Rifai Sufis. He has shrines throughout Gujarat, in the places stopped at before settling in Bharuch district. Here he set up an agate workshop and became part of the Indian Ocean trade, especially in tasbihs (Islamic prayer beads) for hajis (pilgrims)

Read More>India's African Past by Fatima Chowdhury

See more>YouTube - African tribe lost in India
    Can't keep your eyes off my fatty
    Daddy, I want you, na na
    Drunk in love...I want you

Je ne sais quoi
    Cherie, m'vle-ou
    Aswe ya ce net al kole!

LB
    Credits
    *two thumbs up*
    "Twats you people be" - Chinks

"Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer."

Some people get you and some people donít, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are ó I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Credits
    Also...

Kaffirs in Sri Lanka

Credits

Thumbs up

Good stuff.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Charley BanSin
    But, by and large, they remain marginalized, leading a life of relative obscurity and poverty. In some districts, the government has accorded them the Scheduled Tribe status.

NOTHING to be proud about

and isnt kaffir a raycist word?

proud of failure
    yeah thats good

LB
    Credits
    but kaffir is the label put upon them. I dont think they would chose to define themselves as such if they had the power to do the opposite.

but fighting to have some dignity or sense of pride in how God made you, even when u are marginalized is worth something I think.

Some people get you and some people donít, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are ó I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Charley BanSin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    but kaffir is the label put upon them. I dont think they would chose to define themselves as such if they had the power to do the opposite.

but fighting to have some dignity or sense of pride in how God made you, even when u are marginalized is worth something I think.
    "put on them"

" if they had power"

take god outta this
    cause from how it appears more blak people a guh hell dan woite
    and "he" seems to hate africa

fact of the matter is I wouldnt expect the video to be titled kaffir community

its silly

yet such is the case with losers

would you admit that the africans have lost THE WORLD over?

LB
    Credits
    no, no, never even had God my mind when I made the state! I was thinking marginalized economically and/or socially. With the Hindu caste system, in place it is a b!tch to get up from under what ppl label you. As for Sri lanka, racism can be alive and well too based on skin colour.

trust me, I am not feeling the kaffir word either but blind ppl cant see unless u help them take off the blindfold.....

Charley BanSin
    no, no, never even had God my mind when I made the state! I was thinking marginalized economically and/or socially. With the Hindu caste system, in place it is a b!tch to get up from under what ppl label you. As for Sri lanka, racism can be alive and well too based on skin colour.

trust me, I am not feeling the kaffir word either but blind ppl cant see unless u help them take off the blindfold.....
    think of this carefully

the world belongs to the wise, beautful, and wikked

as has history

its quite possible on average blak folks arent smart enough, warlike enough, or beautiful enough to even get respect on mars

yes dem seh god mek in own image etc

yet even NOW
    blakmen AND WOMEN would rather choose somebody with lighter skin or more european features

are everybody brainwashed or the majority who hold that opinion?

FAK NAY

hence I would say its not raycism
    the caste system is not raycist

it might be NATURAL

even RIGHT NOW the blaks in merca and caribbean would rather look to the oh so browning harabic ethiopian and gyptian

what of ghana?

dem blak and short and nose big

all that to say

blak people seem to be as the retarded kid in class
    not going very far

LB
    Credits
    okay but u said the world belongs to the beautiful the wise and THE WICKED, correct?

So if the wicked ruled the earth (not calling white ppl wicked just putting together a chain of thought from the above) then what is status isnt necessarily natrual either.

the wicked can corrupt things so that what we think is wise and beautiful is in fact not at all.

Europeans make God in them image, so dark skinned ppl in a quest for identity will do the same. I see no difference in that.

ppl are weak in a lot of ways - meaning that to think for yourself is alot of work so it is easier to just follow the cattle to where ever they are grazing. As so me see the light skin yearning business. But cause the majority wants to go graze on some B.S. food doesnt mean that the law of averages dictates what is right or natural.

all it takes is one person with half a brain to say fuk it. Once black ppl do that things might change up.

sorry if I am speaking in snippets but I am tryna work too so I hope u follow me.

Charley BanSin
    okay but u said the world belongs to the beautiful the wise and THE WICKED, correct?

So if the wicked ruled the earth (not calling white ppl wicked just putting together a chain of thought from the above) then what is status isnt necessarily natrual either.

the wicked can corrupt things so that what we think is wise and beautiful is in fact not at all.

Europeans make God in them image, so dark skinned ppl in a quest for identity will do the same. I see no difference in that.

ppl are weak in a lot of ways - meaning that to think for yourself is alot of work so it is easier to just follow the cattle to where ever they are grazing. As so me see the light skin yearning business. But cause the majority wants to go graze on some B.S. food doesnt mean that the law of averages dictates what is right or natural.

all it takes is one person with half a brain to say fuk it. Once black ppl do that things might change up.

sorry if I am speaking in snippets but I am tryna work too so I hope u follow me.
    no problem I should be working also....

yet I find there is a lot of hypocricy is relation to beauty....

EVERYBODY cannot possibly be brainwashed by woite centric views....

everybody?

same way you WOULD NOT paint your house BLACK
    and most paint their house woite
    does that mean they brainwashed or they dont wanna live in a black color house?

the skies blue are beautiful
    the skies dark are scary and storm on horizon or night

god is racist?

maybe lighter things are prettier

many dark skin people me know are miserable
    I know A WHOLE LOT who are nice and wonderful and not miserable

yet there is a science or emotion to color

brainwashing?

or individual choice?

MOST CHOOOSE woite paint over black
    MOST choose lighter clothes over darker ones

law of average should dictate cause science or history says everybody come outta africa and for some reason for baby purposes or sex purposes
    the MEN choose to sex albino light women or the WOMEN chose lighter skin men
    so much so that that CREATE woite people

and more babies are being born lighter

if rayt have a baby I GUARANTEE is a high yella european
    LOL
    ;LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley BanSin View Post
    no problem I should be working also....

yet I find there is a lot of hypocricy is relation to beauty....

EVERYBODY cannot possibly be brainwashed by woite centric views....

everybody?

same way you WOULD NOT paint your house BLACK
    and most paint their house woite
    does that mean they brainwashed or they dont wanna live in a black color house?

the skies blue are beautiful
    the skies dark are scary and storm on horizon or night

god is racist?

maybe lighter things are prettier

many dark skin people me know are miserable
    I know A WHOLE LOT who are nice and wonderful and not miserable

yet there is a science or emotion to color

brainwashing?

or individual choice?

MOST CHOOOSE woite paint over black
    MOST choose lighter clothes over darker ones

law of average should dictate cause science or history says everybody come outta africa and for some reason for baby purposes or sex purposes
    the MEN choose to sex albino light women or the WOMEN chose lighter skin men
    so much so that that CREATE woite people

and more babies are being born lighter

if rayt have a baby I GUARANTEE is a high yella european
    LOL
    ;LOL
    Good

I'm a strong believer in thinning the herd. Negroes that don't get it need to be cut off and there arealot of them. 80% dumb deaf and blind.

Charley BanSin
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    Good

I'm a strong believer in thinning the herd. Negroes that don't get it need to be cut off and there arealot of them. 80% dumb deaf and blind.
    sounds like a elijah vs marcus or a bob vs peter etc

even clarence13 de oh so woitey or much of

what color yoru car, clothes, and shoes mostly?

when YOU make choice
    bet you love dem light skin mamis

LB
    Credits
    but where is it carved in stone that everybody buys into the eurocentric view of beauty? (I'll keep my own perferences outta this to not cloud the pool)

So essentially if someone doesnt buy into it then it means they are the abnormal ones? Is that what u mean?

yes light colours are cheery, lighten your mood, etc but darker colours have a different sense of beauty.

that to me is the problem. Equating different with wrongness.

and believing that one than one standard of beauty can apply or be accepted.

what I wanted to get into is the very concept of superiority.

Kinda tied to the assumptions that IQ tests are made. Ppl think very very differently - by that I mean whether you are a concrete or an abstract thinker. Most teachings ect dont address this issue.

now if u extrapolate this further then when u create IQ tests, you are caterering to one set of ppl that has learned or to process information one way. The other set of ppl that dont do well concretely are gonna fail easily.

Then it is easier to slap the inferior tag to them.

same goes for cultural differences that lead to domination vs oppression.

Look at the Dogon. They speak concretely but think abstractly. Yeah we can dismiss them as no kinda player on the world stage lol! Cause they arent heading up any U.N peace delegations or are a reigning superpower. but comupter science and current fractual mathematics is derived RIGHT NOW from their way of processing their environment. You can dig up some cool videos on the subject matter on TED TV.

So how them stay compared to how the world is set up now looks like they are weak and essentially to some extent they are (in comparison to) but it doesnt mean categorically they are.

okay probably not making a damn bit of sense to anyone anymore but in my head it all comes together.

the basic premise i was trying to address was the concept of naturality and hence superiority from that.

you ever read anything about mami Wata? Old African belief system that if u look close (according to others) is why black men worship white women....interesting ideas to play with.

anyhow, I gotta disappear for a bit. I'll stop making ppl go crossed eyed for the moment.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley BanSin View Post
    sounds like a elijah vs marcus or a bob vs peter etc

even clarence13 de oh so woitey or much of

what color yoru car, clothes, and shoes mostly?

when YOU make choice
    bet you love dem light skin mamis
    wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast