Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She couldn't kiss ah racist so they send she home

Credits

She couldn't kiss ah racist so they send she home

Don't know if there is another thread on this tv show..but Tyra banks has a tv show called america's next top model or something like that. I was watching it with my SO tonight and i couldn't believe what happened. The final six models were in spain and had to do a scene with a male model from there. One of the black girls were told by her male pardna that he didn't like black girls. Naturally she was extremely uncomfortable when it came time to kiss him on camera. For her discomfort during the scene yuh know they send the gyul home. Tyra banks as a black woman really surprised me with that one. They were asking the woman to kiss a racist! That to be is beyond the pale.

Credits
    did he say he doh like black ppl? if not it is hear say and Tyra & crew with they rights tuh send she home... ps i doh watch tuh much drama
    Recognize The ORIGIONAL,
    There Can Be Only ONE!

Credits
    I watchin Top Chef. Don't care bout the model thing so much.

Credits
    The man said it to her on camera!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Don't know if there is another thread on this tv show..but Tyra banks has a tv show called america's next top model or something like that. I was watching it with my SO tonight and i couldn't believe what happened. The final six models were in spain and had to do a scene with a male model from there. One of the black girls were told by her male pardna that he didn't like black girls. Naturally she was extremely uncomfortable when it came time to kiss him on camera. For her discomfort during the scene yuh know they send the gyul home. Tyra banks as a black woman really surprised me with that one. They were asking the woman to kiss a racist! That to be is beyond the pale.
    that wasn't the sole reason though...if you watched the show...she's really bad...they've kept her bcuz she's really pretty...she was in the bottom 2 about 5-6 times already

Credits
    The man said it to her on camera!
    but the point that they may have been trying to make is that you are going to interact with people that you don;t like, or don;t like you.....and she should not have let it affect her work.
    "Stop talking about it and BE about it"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinithunda27 View Post
    but the point that they may have been trying to make is that you are going to interact with people that you don;t like, or don;t like you.....and she should not have let it affect her work.
    I knew that was the point they were trying to make but they should not have chosen race to make that point. Its like asking a jewish woman to kiss a nazi...certain lines you don't cross. I could understand it if he said he didn't like short hair or tall women or somethiing like that.

I tell you right now...i don't care how much money a job will pay me if the boss tells me he is a racist..i'm not doing the job.

Credits
    hello granted he was racist she had a job to do and she failed miserably......the kiss was one minor part of shooting that commercial

Credits
    When I was there
    I found many spaniards to be this way

Credits
    I knew that was the point they were trying to make but they should not have chosen race to make that point. Its like asking a jewish woman to kiss a nazi...certain lines you don't cross. I could understand it if he said he didn't like short hair or tall women or somethiing like that.

I tell you right now...i don't care how much money a job will pay me if the boss tells me he is a racist..i'm not doing the job.
    well i guess she proved her point if she got kick off.....i get what you sayin...but it;s a side effect of the job....you gonna work with @$$holes, racists, sexists, etc....you gotta suck salt and deal with it

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinithunda27 View Post
    well i guess she proved her point if she got kick off.....i get what you sayin...but it;s a side effect of the job....you gonna work with @$$holes, racists, sexists, etc....you gotta suck salt and deal with it
    exactly, Tyra actually told her that she felt sympathy for her having to deal with that but guess what at the end of the day you have a job to do and you can't let things like this affect you from getting it done. She failed miserably on this shoot because she let this guy get the best of her.

Credits
    Well I say good for her. I know some women who would have punched his scrawny arse out and give Tyra and her panel of weirdos the finger. By the way the only other person who was extremely hard on her was the black thing in the wig. Could somebody put an elephant gun in his mouth and put him out of his misery.

Credits
    SOrry i'm with dede on this one..
    SOmetimes principles come before anything else. Its no surprise that the judges don't understand that. Most people in the entertainment industry would sell their owm mother's into slavery just to make it.

I wasn't kissing no racist, who would disrespect me like that...

The JaMô

You got sumn against short hair?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    SOrry i'm with dede on this one..
    SOmetimes principles come before anything else. Its no surprise that the judges don't understand that. Most people in the entertainment industry would sell their owm mother's into slavery just to make it.

I wasn't kissing no racist, who would disrespect me like that...
    you right....but sometimes you have to lick @$$ to kick @$$....she ain;t make it nowhere yet so she had a choice to make....do as they say or walk.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast