Thread: seriously people

Poca

seriously people

how far are we going to the government go in the sake of national security. pls do not get me wrong, i do understand that us citiens have to be protected. But keeping human being in prison for yrs without any real accusation and not allowing them to defend themselves because they are not really accused, but are assumed to be dangerous. there this man that is in jail for 4 yrs now in a prison in Canada, based on a special law that allow the goverment to do so. but how long does it take to prove if someone is guilty or not.

i just feel like we are letting the goverment with something very terrible that eventually will come and hit us back because it will set new laws of precedence.

Credits
    What law is that?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    how far are we going to the government go in the sake of national security. pls do not get me wrong, i do understand that us citiens have to be protected. But keeping human being in prison for yrs without any real accusation and not allowing them to defend themselves because they are not really accused, but are assumed to be dangerous. there this man that is in jail for 4 yrs now in a prison in Canada, based on a special law that allow the goverment to do so. but how long does it take to prove if someone is guilty or not.

i just feel like we are letting the goverment with something very terrible that eventually will come and hit us back because it will set new laws of precedence.
    it is really a shame. Blair tried to get a law passed today to detain "suspected terrorists" for 90 days and that was rejected. England is messed up in many ways but this is one thing that I have to give them their props for

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooolbreeeze
    it is really a shame. Blair tried to get a law passed today to detain "suspected terrorists" for 90 days and that was rejected. England is messed up in many ways but this is one thing that I have to give them their props for
    In what way is England messed up?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilzman
    In what way is England messed up?
    For starters we shouldn't have gone to war!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Floflo
    For starters we shouldn't have gone to war!
    Thank you. Being used as Bush's b**ch is nothing to be proud of. Plus the food sucks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooolbreeeze
    Thank you. Being used as Bush's b**ch is nothing to be proud of. Plus the food sucks
    For sure...!

Poca
    well it is not a law per se, but more an opening to similar judgement based on what the governments are allowed to do right now.

as a self-describe society that values justice and go out of our ways to force others to believe in our mentality, it is very ironic. we are doing the same thing that wants to stop in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilzman
    What law is that?