Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Secession petitions filed in 20 states

Credits

Secession petitions filed in 20 states

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.
    States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.
    The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

Secession petitions filed in 20 states | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

White House may respond to Texas secession:

White House may respond to Texas secession petition | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Credits
    that's going nowhere.... literally
    Triniminx and mz_JazE like this.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    lol.. these mofos... smh
    triniameri likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Even states that voted for Obama is filing a petition.....this country is divided beyond repair.....People in this country used to ask "what can I do for my country"...now it's "what can my country do for me" As long as they are getting theirs, they aren't concerned with how they get it or how it effects other's livelihood. I know not everyone is like this, but I consider it to be a growing epidemic. The idea of working hard for what you want out of life is falling by the wayside because you can sit back and let others do the work for you, while still reaping the benefits....so sad but true

Credits
    first of don't get it twisted.. it's not whole states doing that. It's individual citizens going on wethepeople.com and filing their petition and hoping to get enough signatures.

Guarantee you that these people are unaware of the process to secede from the union. It could literally take 118 years to do so. Also they must not have fully understood the ramifications of doing so either.
    DSP, Pre, Catracha305 and 3 others like this.
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    first of don't get it twisted.. it's not whole states doing that. It's individual citizens going on wethepeople.com and filing their petition and hoping to get enough signatures.

Guarantee you that these people are unaware of the process to secede from the union. It could literally take 118 years to do so. Also they must not have fully understood the ramifications of doing so either.
    I did not get it twisted lady......what you think can happen in 118 years might not be so these days......so like you see the White House is looking at Texas secessions....so unless you signing the bill please hold your corner....thank you

This is on national news I did not write or sign any petition .....I only saw it on yahoo and put it in this thread....so you have issue talk to the editor that write the story

Credits
    i was about to ask.. was it government official or your average joe shmoe with access to the internet and wanna talk shit... this is not even newsworthy..
    Pre and mz_JazE like this.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Even states that voted for Obama is filing a petition.....this country is divided beyond repair.....People in this country used to ask "what can I do for my country"...now it's "what can my country do for me" As long as they are getting theirs, they aren't concerned with how they get it or how it effects other's livelihood. I know not everyone is like this, but I consider it to be a growing epidemic. The idea of working hard for what you want out of life is falling by the wayside because you can sit back and let others do the work for you, while still reaping the benefits....so sad but true
    there we go again with that notion of "republicans are the only ones that own strong work ethic"

smh... no one party can claim ownership of a strong work ethic... Lets think for ourselves and stop lettin cliche bullshit make our decisions
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I did not get it twisted lady......what you think can happen in 118 years might not be so these days......so like you see the White House is looking at Texas secessions....so unless you signing the bill please hold your corner....thank you
    ay ay.. why you getting so defensive? i wasn't coming for you at all. My "don't get it twisted" is not an attack on you.... it more like "now mind you...."

when a petition is filed on wethepeople.com once it reached 25k signatures, a white house response is required.

Carrying out the process takes years... then more work if a scession actually takes place.

And yes I know it's on national news. I've been following it for 2 days since some dude in Slidell Louisiana was the first one to file.

Why you getting so touchy anyways?
    Last edited by Nica; 11-12-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    there we go again with that notion of "republicans are the only ones that own strong work ethic"

smh... no one party can claim ownership of a strong work ethic... Lets think for ourselves and stop lettin cliche bullshit make our decisions

Where did I say this was a Republican thing....ahyou people fast to just jump on the Republicans murdah ....I stated in the post that it is not only states that did not vote for Obama it is states that voted for Obama also signing petition....and yes it is not everyone in the state

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    ay ay.. why you getting so defensive? i wasn't coming for you at all. My "don't get it twisted" is not an attack on you.... it more like "now mind you...."

when a petition is filed on wethepeople.com once it reached 25k signatures, a white house response is required.

Carrying out the process takes years... then more work if a scession actually takes place.

And yes I know it's on national news. I've been following it for 2 days since some dude in Slidell Louisiana was the first one to file.
    Yes I understand that part.....what I was coming with the way the White House is running these days ......and half of the country is divided it might come to light more faster.....it might not be solve but it will be on the floor for debate

Credits
    If Romney was president I woulda sign a petition too. The country is very divided thanks to Fox News and others.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    they should let louisiana and mississippi go. They don't add anything anyway.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    they should let louisiana and mississippi go. They don't add anything anyway.
    I'm offended
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

NaturalBornRidah
    Are they serious, let me ask a question, after the civil war how many states requested to secede from the US? its quite strange they do this under Obama..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast