Thread: Sean Paul's Trinity

Credits

Sean Paul's Trinity

Sean Paul has become as synonymous with making hit records as he has been with packing dance floors. Not since the late, great Bob Marley has the U.S recognized a bonafide reggae star. With the current fascination with Reggaeton and West Indian Culture, the timing is just right for the biggest thing outta Jamaica since Sensimillia to hit us with his third album. With The Trinity, S.P. tries to match the enormous success of its predecessor, the ubiquitous Dutty Rock.

The album starts off by displaying Paul's signature club burner style with the infectious "We Be Burnin'." The track has been a huge hit in Miami for months, and it's taking over radio and MTV. "Ever Blazin'," with its super cool synth stabs set over a rolling drum line, set the perfect mood for grindin'. And in the "all fun, all the time" world of reggae music, Sean Paul has concocted the kind of record that demands to be played at parties. The rudeboy even finds time for a little comic relief in "Eye Deh a Mi Knee," with his declaration of "Gal model and gal no stop pose 'cause you naw drop off like Mikey J's nose." Sean also finds time to please the ladies with lovey-dovey "Give it Up to Me." With its slow cadence and girl-friendly bells, expect to hear this song a lot.

The only misstep on this record is its lack of diversity. Not much has changed from Paul's last album to now. S.P. has the voice and charisma to be reggae's "it" boy, but unfortunately, he takes no chances with his music. Unlike Damian Marley, who touches upon politics, drugs, and more on his new album, Sean tends to shy away from anything but the dance floor.

Don't get me wrong: Island music is about dancing and having fun, and with that, Sean delivers. Tracks like "Temperature" and the uber-dramatic "I'll Take You There" (I dare you to not like this song) keep the speakers blazing with that sound we have all come to love. You just wish S.P. would spread his creative wings a little more.

Sean Paul's The Trinity is in stores now!

Credits
    Not since Bob Marley? Wow.

What about Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, I always thought they were pretty big in North America.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shy Boy
    Not since Bob Marley? Wow.

What about Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, I always thought they were pretty big in North America.
    Nah... Sean Paul sold six million albums world wide with his second album Dutty Rock. Neither Beenie nor Bounty have been able to sell near that amount.

LGN
    Credits
    I havent heard SP album yet(people who know my taste say i wont like it but i still gonna listen first) but I know for sure it cant be betta than Assassins. That album is the Sh!t.