Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scratching your weave moment

LB
    Credits

Scratching your weave moment

have you had a moment this week where something another human being has done has left you seriously scratching your weave (or bald head for the guys) because for the life of you, you cant fathom why someone did what they had done or what they were reacting to when they did it?

I had one that left me scratching my weave and now have to figure out what to do to sort out what they heck went side ways in a person's head......

come name yours if you had any.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    I have dreads...and it nah itch so sarry dey. :P

But yea, that kinda ting doh happen to me in real life...but it does happen on here
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Credits
    yep...i know someone who went from being married, to separated, to dating a guy, to becoming a full-pledged lesbian all in a weeks time
    "There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel they have no stake in it; who feel they have nothing to lose. People who have stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it." M.L.K, Jr.

"It grew on me that we black men especially, were expected to be subservient even in groups where ostensibly everyone is equal." Shirley Chisholm

LB
    Credits
    well mi noh have weave eida! lol

yeah see it here all the time.

but I had a moment with a friend where she go angry over a joke that me and another friend were running....but it was a joke SHE started ~eek~ we just played along and she vexx and cut us both off

she likes to tease me that I live in the Artic so I turned it around and playfully started to bun fiyah on her living in the U.S.A (you know irony of me living by the North Pole and having fire to bun etc) and my next friend jumped in. My girl was beside herself with anger....I was like so in shock cause not a thing was making sense that I didnt even react at first.

now she done with us. Wont talk answer phone, delete off Facebook....all of it

never, ever had a a fight with her before or even a bit of tension ATALL so this was serious left field for the two of us.

So I am seriously scratching my weave/naps/locs/bald head

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylocs View Post
    yep...i know someone who went from being married, to separated, to dating a guy, to becoming a full-pledged lesbian all in a weeks time
    weeks eh?

Credits
    People confuse
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Credits
    what a ting

Credits
    this thread assumes that everyone with hair is wearing a weave they can scratch when they're confused. that is why it failed. just some feedback on how to improve for next time.

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Haskell what she said is kinda a figure of speech... Black woman ting really.

Anyway, yep. Things i read on here the past few days- hell the past few years- have me doing so.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    Haskell what she said is kinda a figure of speech... Black woman ting really.

not really all black women don't rock weaves. only the tacky ones.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 5_H A S K E L L View Post
    this thread assumes that everyone with hair is wearing a weave they can scratch when they're confused. that is why it failed. just some feedback on how to improve for next time.

lol!

yikes....it is a joke that I have run on here before and in real life since I DONT wear a weave and have nuff hair on my head.

sorry if you took it so seriously but it was done in fun and it seems most everyone else got the inside black woman humour.

I must say, your reaction was another scratching my weave moment cause I missed how you couldnt see the it as anything less than lighthearted humour
    Last edited by LB; 05-22-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Credits
    i know that. what i should have said was that it is a figure of speech that only we would understand, whether or not we wear weaves. i wont even touch your comment about weaves as it relates to Black women.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    lol!

yikes....it is a joke that I have run on here before and in real life since I DONT wear a weave and have nuff hair on my head.

sorry if you took it so seriously but it was done in fun and it seems most everyone else got the inside black woman humour.

I must say, your reaction was another scratching my weave moment cause I missed how you couldnt see the it as anything less than lighthearted humour
    ent? me too... ...

Credits

wow.... is all dat?
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    well mi noh have weave eida! lol

yeah see it here all the time.

but I had a moment with a friend where she go angry over a joke that me and another friend were running....but it was a joke SHE started ~eek~ we just played along and she vexx and cut us both off

she likes to tease me that I live in the Artic so I turned it around and playfully started to bun fiyah on her living in the U.S.A (you know irony of me living by the North Pole and having fire to bun etc) and my next friend jumped in. My girl was beside herself with anger....I was like so in shock cause not a thing was making sense that I didnt even react at first.

now she done with us. Wont talk answer phone, delete off Facebook....all of it

never, ever had a a fight with her before or even a bit of tension ATALL so this was serious left field for the two of us.

So I am seriously scratching my weave/naps/locs/bald head
    hmm dat is weird.. maybe she got vex cos it seemed to her like both of you were ganging up on her... i woulda "twirl my curls" in suprise too.. but some people really sensitive about the most bizare of things.. i have a friend who got pissing mad with me when i said "that's a nice dress". why? cos i used the word "nice".. i was like ? she say that word was too "generic" .... so.. amm.. like i said.. some people jus on some other shit..lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast