Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Scenario. First date

Credits

Scenario. First date

A worker was telling me she went on a first blind date with some dude that was introduced to her. before the date she said told him thet shood rather go Dutch so in case there are no sparks
    ( I doh really understand the logic here) but dude went with the offer and she claimed they had a great time and spent over 6 hrs and in the end he still went Dutch lol

I told her as a dude i Don't think because ipay for dinner on a first date that we gotta hook up. I told her don't get her hopes up despite what she thinks of good time spent homeboy sounds like a cheapskate lol I would not let a first date pay if I really was feeling her I have never gone on a first date and let the woman pay here half ..... she laughed and I was right ....

What say you .... Is that a bad sign ..

Credits
    i see nothing wrong with that, especially since it was her idea. don't forget that 2013 is in a couple months and those old fashion beliefs are becoming obsolete.

LB
    Credits
    to clarify, she suggested the dutch thing but was surprised/offended that he still wanted to go dutch even after the date went better than expected?
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    to clarify, she suggested the dutch thing but was surprised/offended that he still wanted to go dutch even after the date went better than expected?
    No she seem to think about it after I told her that was jacked up ... She think it was ok because she offered .... It seem like I was the one that planted doubt in her mind ....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by massive25 View Post
    i see nothing wrong with that, especially since it was her idea. don't forget that 2013 is in a couple months and those old fashion beliefs are becoming obsolete.

Peep say chit is old fashion but then u have a whole set of problems with the new way.....

Credits
    I'm confused.. so... she told him let's go dutch, he said okay and went dutch and she found it strange?
    SandyCandy likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    No she seem to think about it after I told her that was jacked up ... She think it was ok because she offered .... It seem like I was the one that planted doubt in her mind ....
    oh okay. I wasnt quite following.

If I am following you right, I agree. I never thought that I needed to "hook up" with some one especially after a 1st date just because they paid. And I've never had a man give me that impression either.

If someone offers to pay, I take it at face value. But I have also offered to pay on a 1st date as well just because I felt to do so. Seems like there can be some complicated B.S. behind the need to go dutch.
    If I've suggested to go dutch, its actually after I've been dating someone for a good while and just to share the financial burden of doing certain activities. Its just a sense of fair play with someone I like, nothing more.
    Collie4Nyah likes this.

Credits
    Yep I puzzled by her wanting to go got Dutch as a means of having the choice to just walk away...

Credits
    u were right? as in the dude wasnt feelin her?

this post IS hard to understand

LB
    Credits
    Did you ask her if that has been her experience? That if a man pays on the 1st date, he is expecting some pumpum cause he "bought" it with dinner? Either way, I dont know why she still couldnt walk away and say, thanks but no thanks if she isnt feeling the guy. lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jolie View Post
    u were right? as in the dude wasnt feelin her?

this post IS hard to understand

I was right in regard to he is a cheapskate and it's a bad sign that he simply let her pay......

It cold be he was wasn't feeling her and sohe let her pay lol. I did nit tell her that

Credits
    Did you ask her if that has been her experience? That if a man pays on the 1st date, he is expecting some pumpum cause he "bought" it with dinner? Either way, I dont know why she still couldnt walk away and say, thanks but no thanks if she isnt feeling the guy. lol

I will ask her about that....

Credits
    The whole "dutch" talk = no pum pum. My boy didnt get any signal during the date that showed the poaaibility of tings going on so he just kept it "dutch"

Personally i give him credit for sticking around for 6 hours knowing that nothing nah get kill!

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    The whole "dutch" talk = no pum pum. My boy didnt get any signal during the date that showed the poaaibility of tings going on so he just kept it "dutch"

Personally i give him credit for sticking around for 6 hours knowing that nothing nah get kill!
    so you expect pumpum after the 1st date when you still are getting to know one another?? Just curious :)

Credits
    so you expect pumpum after the 1st date when you still are getting to know one another?? Just curious :)
    How yuh mean? First date pum pum affi run!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast