Thread: AND THE SAGA CONTINUES

Credits

AND THE SAGA CONTINUES

TRINBAGO Unified Calypsonians’ Organisation president Michael “Protector” Leggerton said yesterday the time has come for entertainers from Barbados and other Caribbean islands to be locked out of T&T.

He said this action should be taken until they and their governments begin to show respect for local performers.

Leggerton said he was fed-up of Trinidadian entertainers being treated with disrespect in Barbados and other islands.

He said last Friday’s incident in Barbados, when Denyse Plummer and Sannell Dempster were verbally abused and insulted by Barbados Soca Monarch Lil’ Rick, was the last straw.

Leggerton said TUCO intends to call on the Government to make life as difficult for Barbadian entertainers here as the authorities make it for Trinidadians who go there to perform.

He said the same level of taxation placed on T&T performers who go to Barbados must be applied to the Bajans when they come to here.

“A few months ago the Inland Revenue Service there withheld 25 per cent of the earnings of Sugar Aloes and Singing Sandra when they performed there,” he said.

“I have no problems with any country wanting to tax entertainers. I want to know how much is deducted from them when they are in Trinidad.

“If none, then this must be put in place by the Ministry of Finance.

“These foreigners are given months of powerful promotion in this country for months each year. They have to come here to become popular internationally.

“We are not accommodated in like manner in their festivals. Their radio stations don’t promote our music. We are going to finally going to do something about this once and for all.”

Outraged over the incident involving Plummer and Dempster, Leggerton said: “Denyse and Sannell are two highly respected women who have both created history as entertainers. One is a National Calypso Monarch, the other a Road March Monarch.”
    He said Barbadian entertainers such as Allison Hinds and TC have always been treated well when they come to Trinidad.

Protector said as far as he is concerned, Lil’ Rick should be the one wearing a dog collar and chain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

really and truly I was at the show.. I spoke to others at the show about this, I we all agree that this being blow out of proportion...

CARIBBEAN UNITY.. IS A FALLACY.. NO ONE REALLY WANTS IT...

Soy orgulloso de que soy y lo que escojo para representar.

Credits

RE: Bajan monarch insults Plummer

Credits

RE: AND THE SAGA CONTINUES

Beating a dead horse now.....

Credits

DITTO!!!

Proper Pork...
    "Leve Pou Manje Sa"

Credits

lol...I have to laugh everytime I see your Proper Pork signature. Do you know there was a guy jumping with a pig at Kadooment? :)