Thread: Romeo Dead!

Credits

Romeo Dead!

Actor Merlin Santana, who recently starred with Eddie Murphy in film comedy Showtime, has been shot dead in Los Angeles.
    Santana, 26, was killed as he sat in the passenger seat of a parked car on Saturday, police have said.

He was seen as a rising star, playing Hector in Showtime alongside Murphy and Robert De Niro.

But he was best-known in the United States for playing a bumbling student in sitcom The Steve Harvey Show, which ran for six years until February.

He also portrayed a rapper caught up in the violent east coast-west coast hip-hop feud for a VH1 movie.

Gunman

Santana was shot at about 0230 local time (1030 GMT) on Saturday, police said.

A spokesperson said at least one person approached the car and shot Santana.

The driver was not injured and flagged down police. Paramedics were called, but the actor was pronounced dead at the scene.

No-one has been arrested and police said the motive was unclear.

Joker

Born in New York, Santana got one of his first roles playing Stanley, an eight-year-old admirer of Rudy Huxtable in hit TV comedy The Cosby Show.

He made his name in The Steve Harvey show, which was set in the 1990s and saw Santana star as Romeo, a student who played practical jokes on his music teacher.

The role earned him several nominations for awards honouring black and Hispanic acting.

He was also seen in sitcoms Getting By and Moesha, and drama Under One Roof with James Earl Jones.

Last edited by brownskintrini; 11-11-2002 at 11:49 AM.

Credits
    I was reading about it this morning. This is so sad, I've always liked him. I thought he was so fine on Steve Harvey.

Credits
    what??? nah man! that's too sad. what the hell is going on around here?? my prayers are with his family. (at first i thought you meant romeo from imx)

Credits
    Whenm will this madness stop? His face didn't look familiar to me at all and tell I read the article and saw that he use to act on The Cosby Show when he was younger. This is sad and senseless as usual.

Credits
    i can't believe that.......that's so sad.... why would someone do that to him........

Credits
    yeah, I just heard about it on the radio..It's awful..I still can't believe it.

Brooklyn USA currently livin in boring ATL
    Credits
    Yeah he does look different. Someone told me about this yesterday, its really sad that he died.

Unhappy

OH MY GOD. I was just listening to him last month on the radio with wendy williams, he was saying that he was so proud of himself, for making a new album, that is so sad. I dont know what to say

Credits
    wow...thats really sad...

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I am in shock right now and saddened. What is going on here? First Jam Master Jay, another entertainer now this guy. I loved him on Steve Harvey he and the guy that played "bullethead" had such a good chemistry between them.

When are all the senseless shootings going to stop. :
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

Romeo..female arrested..........

I just heard on the WENDY WILLIAMS show that a female was arrested for the murder.