Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Thicke Says Black Women Arenít Better Off with White Men

Credits

Robin Thicke Says Black Women Arenít Better Off with White Men

Paula Patton and her husband Robin Thicke definitely know how to make marriage look good, from Paparazzi shots of the two out and about to Red Carpet debuts, and even his music videos.

With the release of his new album, ďLove After War,Ē Essence chatted with Robin about what separates him from other artists and his thoughts on black women and love. Hereís what he had to say:

On people getting married and making love to his music

To be a part of your biggest days ó you know your child being conceived or born, or you walking down the aisle ó thereís really nothing sweeter. Thatís the truth.

Itís actually the best thing. Itís nice if you can make someone drop it like itís hot, or pop a bottle. But weíre always dropping it and popping it. What I realize about the difference between me and my peers ó you know, Chris Brown and Drizzy Drake and all my musical peers ó is that they havenít been with the same woman for 18 years and Iíve been with a Black woman for 18 years. Iíve never dated a White woman. Donít want to. Iíve never been on a date with a White woman. When you have that relationship and that means the most to you ó you know I canít live without that woman, she is my muse, my best friend, and my creative partner. I didnít have a great relationship with my mom and she didnít have a great relationship with her dad and we became that for each other. Sheís my mama and Iím her daddy. I even call her mama and she calls me daddy. We are that to each other.

On being misunderstood

A lot of mainstream magazines, like SPIN and Rolling Stone, they still donít get me. They canít figure out how a funny guy with a dad on a sitcom can have a 90 percent Black female audience. Itís never happened before. I didnít plan it that way. I just love the music and I love my wife and she is a strong Black woman, so if my wife doesnít like it, how can the other Black women like it? If my wife approves of the song, Iím doing it.

On whether black women are better off with white men

I think thatís ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men ó trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. Iíve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe youíre being too stubborn. Maybe youíre not saying youíre sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

Eighteen years to this man? I think Paulaís got a good thing going. What do you think about what he had to say?

Robin says the idea that white men are better is a rumor | Madame Noire | Black Women's Lifestyle Guide | Black Hair | Black Love
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Juan Dan
    Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe youíre being too stubborn. Maybe youíre not saying youíre sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

going into sig

Pebbles362436

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Escobar View Post

Paula Patton and her husband Robin Thicke definitely know how to make marriage look good, from Paparazzi shots of the two out and about to Red Carpet debuts, and even his music videos.

With the release of his new album, ďLove After War,Ē Essence chatted with Robin about what separates him from other artists and his thoughts on black women and love. Hereís what he had to say:

On people getting married and making love to his music

To be a part of your biggest days ó you know your child being conceived or born, or you walking down the aisle ó thereís really nothing sweeter. Thatís the truth.

Itís actually the best thing. Itís nice if you can make someone drop it like itís hot, or pop a bottle. But weíre always dropping it and popping it. What I realize about the difference between me and my peers ó you know, Chris Brown and Drizzy Drake and all my musical peers ó is that they havenít been with the same woman for 18 years and Iíve been with a Black woman for 18 years. Iíve never dated a White woman. Donít want to. Iíve never been on a date with a White woman. When you have that relationship and that means the most to you ó you know I canít live without that woman, she is my muse, my best friend, and my creative partner. I didnít have a great relationship with my mom and she didnít have a great relationship with her dad and we became that for each other. Sheís my mama and Iím her daddy. I even call her mama and she calls me daddy. We are that to each other.

On being misunderstood

A lot of mainstream magazines, like SPIN and Rolling Stone, they still donít get me. They canít figure out how a funny guy with a dad on a sitcom can have a 90 percent Black female audience. Itís never happened before. I didnít plan it that way. I just love the music and I love my wife and she is a strong Black woman, so if my wife doesnít like it, how can the other Black women like it? If my wife approves of the song, Iím doing it.

I think thatís ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men ó trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. Iíve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe youíre being too stubborn. Maybe youíre not saying youíre sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

Eighteen years to this man? I think Paulaís got a good thing going. What do you think about what he had to say?

Robin says the idea that white men are better is a rumor | Madame Noire | Black Women's Lifestyle Guide | Black Hair | Black Love
    LOL @ Robin is just a sweetheart.
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 12-22-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Harvey View Post
    Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe you’re being too stubborn. Maybe you’re not saying you’re sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.

going into sig
    lol

something tell me that you jump like a cat to your bed when you saw this thread

is't like an holiday gift
    Last edited by Capitaine; 12-22-2011 at 01:19 PM.

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitaine View Post
    lol

something tell that you jump like a cat to your bed when you saw this thread

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley Escobar View Post

thats a weird question .....

Juan Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitaine View Post
    lol

something tell me that you jump like a cat to your bed when you saw this thread

not really everybody have to evolve
    tell you something

worry bout the depressed whoring NOT WANTED BY NO MAN but jesus women roun ere

can you do that?

thanks

Juan Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    congratulations sir

it seems you making some woman very happy right now and various other sluts a bit angry

finally decided to stop using and abusing dunce whoring bishes?

excellent

Credits
    Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe youíre being too stubborn. Maybe youíre not saying youíre sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love.
    i bet some of the not so great black men told him this.

DSP
    Credits
    this thread has potential to provide some good laughs

Credits
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436 View Post
    I agree...and ummmm, what kind of question is that? No one is better off with anyone based on color. Look for character!

Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    i bet some of the not so great black men told him this.
    Probably!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436 View Post
    I am in love...
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    white dude damn sure know how to fool black women

make you wonder why?

Credits

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    this thread has potential to provide some good laughs
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    My fav song from him... (see siggy)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast