Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is Rihanna A Sell-Out Who Makes BubbleGum Pop Music

NaturalBornRidah
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    This guy is funny...

Ok lets try this... if I take the acapella of a 50 cent song, put it over the joy ride riddim and put it on a websit saying check out this reggae mix, I am not calling fifty a dancehall artist...

If I say busta rhymes draws influence from his caribbean influences for his annimated style and his jumping around during stage shows, that does not make busta a reggae or soca artist...

Saying her song is mashing up danchalls is not the same as saying she is a dancehall artist... its saying her song is getting nuff play in parties...
    I know the difference between rappers and pop artist making reggae/dancehall influenced songs.

I know the difference when a artist is making a crossover fusion reggae and dancehall song with their own genre.

I know the difference on when making a half ass R&B song to then try and pass it off as a dancehall/reggae song( something Rihanna is doing).Rihanna has blatantly called her songs dancehall.She has also called some of her songs dancehall mixed with R&B and Hip Hop.

She said she makes music from the Caribbean, I think we all know that is not the total truth,so she is marketing herself as dancehall and reggae in a sense.

Also why even say she has mashed up dancehall charts,stay in your place, know that you have only went on top in pop charts not the dancehall charts.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    This guy is funny...

Ok lets try this... if I take the acapella of a 50 cent song, put it over the joy ride riddim and put it on a websit saying check out this reggae mix, I am not calling fifty a dancehall artist...

If I say busta rhymes draws influence from his caribbean influences for his annimated style and his jumping around during stage shows, that does not make busta a reggae or soca artist...

Saying her song is mashing up danchalls is not the same as saying she is a dancehall artist... its saying her song is getting nuff play in parties...
    I think people forget that A dancehall is a club or any other venue where parties are thrown and the patrons dance.
    Space available for RENT

Credits

NaturalBornRidah
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo$$ View Post
    I think people forget that A dancehall is a club or any other venue where parties are thrown and the patrons dance.
    I think you need to shut your hoe ass up. You know damn well that dancehall music is its own musical genre now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    I think you need to shut your hoe ass up. You know damn well that dancehall music is its own musical genre now.
    That does not negate the fact that people use the word dancehall synonimously with party, club, bashment, etc. But dis is my stop I cah be engaing no tawk wid ah jackass unless I plan to be mistaken fuh one
    Space available for RENT

NaturalBornRidah
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo$$ View Post
    That does not negate the fact that people use the word dancehall synonimously with party, club, bashment, etc. But dis is my stop I cah be engaing no tawk wid ah jackass unless I plan to be mistaken fuh one
    How do you explain her using the word Reggae also?

Biography RIHANNA DAILY - The Official Rihanna Fansite for your daily dose of Rihanna news

Besides ripping traditional reggae tracks like a seasoned dancehall queen, the stunning 17-year-old Rihanna possesses a powerful singing voice that conjures up feelings and experiences way beyond her years.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567