Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Rihanna makes her acting debut!

  1. #1
    Registered User Soca-Addict is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    58
    Credits
    876

    Rihanna makes her acting debut!

    LOS ANGELES — Rihanna might be a formidable force on the music charts, but the Barbados-born beauty is learning that making the leap into acting is harder than it looks — even when you're playing yourself.

    "It's weird, but it's also fun. I'm really enjoying it," Rihanna told MTV News of her cameo role in the third and latest installment of "Bring It On," tentatively titled "Bring It On Yet Again." In the sassy cheerleading/dance flick, which is currently filming in downtown Los Angeles, a pair of rival squads compete for a chance to appear in Rihanna's upcoming television special. It stars Beyoncé's sister Solange Knowles ("Johnson Family Vacation," "The Proud Family") and Hayden Panettiere ("Ice Princess," "Raising Helen").

    In addition to her brief acting role, the 17-year-old singer will also do a special musical performance for the film, though there's no word yet on which song she'll sing. And although she did flub a line or two during rehearsals, she soon eased into the swing of things and nailed her lines during filming.

    "You get better each time you do it," Rihanna said after her sequence.

    Rihanna has already been offered several scripts to look over, including a horror film and a couple of dramatic roles. "Singing was always the bigger picture, but I definitely want to get into acting as well," she said. Rihanna says she wants to take acting classes next year, if time permits.

    Right now, the singer is wrapping up a small cross-country tour to promote her debut album, Music of the Sun, which spawned the hits "Pon de Replay" and "If It's Lovin' That You Want" (see "Rihanna Insists She's Got What You Need In 'Pon de Replay' Follow-Up"). While a third single has yet to be selected by her label, the singer already has her sights on the sultry "Let Me" for that honor.

    "It's a very flirty, very naughty song," she said. "I'm basically telling this guy, 'Let me do those things for you... ' It's very sexy."

    It's not always easy living up to the hype when you're one of Jay-Z's hand-picked protégés (see "Jay-Z's Picks Teairra Mari, Rihanna and Ne-Yo"), but Rihanna has been wearing that title well, even giving Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" a run for #1 (Mariah took the title, nabbing the #1 spot for 13 weeks, but "Pon de Replay" stayed hot on its heels at #2). Going up against her idol, she says, has been one of the coolest things that has happened since her arrival on the scene.

    "I looked up to [Mariah] a lot and I still do. I admire her as an artist, and to [compete with her] was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life," she said.


    http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml

  2. #2
    LGN
    Registered User LGN's Avatar LGN is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South-East, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,481
    Credits
    830,658
    Good for her

  3. #3
    dev
    Registered User dev is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ga
    Posts
    9,200
    Credits
    143,025
    She Was In The Show--las Vegas On Nbc 2 Weeks Ago.

  4. #4
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Congrats to her!

  5. #5
    Registered User Bajandivah's Avatar Bajandivah is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    239
    Credits
    7,732
    GO RIHANNA we are sooooooooooooo proud of you. God Bless. You are making Barbados more proud everyday

  6. #6
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by currygyal
    Congrats to her!
    I feel Rihanna is going to PLAY the YOUNG WIFE of FORBES Burnham (the late President of Guyana) when this movie goes into PRODUCTION

  7. #7
    Foreigner Mali's Avatar Mali is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,647
    Credits
    11,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca-Addict
    LOS ANGELES — Rihanna might be a formidable force on the music charts, but the Barbados-born beauty is learning that making the leap into acting is harder than it looks — even when you're playing yourself.

    "It's weird, but it's also fun. I'm really enjoying it," Rihanna told MTV News of her cameo role in the third and latest installment of "Bring It On," tentatively titled "Bring It On Yet Again." In the sassy cheerleading/dance flick, which is currently filming in downtown Los Angeles, a pair of rival squads compete for a chance to appear in Rihanna's upcoming television special. It stars Beyoncé's sister Solange Knowles ("Johnson Family Vacation," "The Proud Family") and Hayden Panettiere ("Ice Princess," "Raising Helen").

    In addition to her brief acting role, the 17-year-old singer will also do a special musical performance for the film, though there's no word yet on which song she'll sing. And although she did flub a line or two during rehearsals, she soon eased into the swing of things and nailed her lines during filming.

    "You get better each time you do it," Rihanna said after her sequence.

    Rihanna has already been offered several scripts to look over, including a horror film and a couple of dramatic roles. "Singing was always the bigger picture, but I definitely want to get into acting as well," she said. Rihanna says she wants to take acting classes next year, if time permits.

    Right now, the singer is wrapping up a small cross-country tour to promote her debut album, Music of the Sun, which spawned the hits "Pon de Replay" and "If It's Lovin' That You Want" (see "Rihanna Insists She's Got What You Need In 'Pon de Replay' Follow-Up"). While a third single has yet to be selected by her label, the singer already has her sights on the sultry "Let Me" for that honor.

    "It's a very flirty, very naughty song," she said. "I'm basically telling this guy, 'Let me do those things for you... ' It's very sexy."

    It's not always easy living up to the hype when you're one of Jay-Z's hand-picked protégés (see "Jay-Z's Picks Teairra Mari, Rihanna and Ne-Yo"), but Rihanna has been wearing that title well, even giving Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" a run for #1 (Mariah took the title, nabbing the #1 spot for 13 weeks, but "Pon de Replay" stayed hot on its heels at #2). Going up against her idol, she says, has been one of the coolest things that has happened since her arrival on the scene.

    "I looked up to [Mariah] a lot and I still do. I admire her as an artist, and to [compete with her] was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life," she said.


    http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml

    Hmmm. Bring It On was so dumb you just had to laugh. Hopefully this third one will be just as good if not better; hopefully Rihanna will make a good actress.

  8. #8
    Registered User LarryB's Avatar LarryB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,009
    Credits
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca-Addict
    LOS ANGELES — Rihanna might be a formidable force on the music charts, but the Barbados-born beauty is learning that making the leap into acting is harder than it looks — even when you're playing yourself.

    "It's weird, but it's also fun. I'm really enjoying it," Rihanna told MTV News of her cameo role in the third and latest installment of "Bring It On," tentatively titled "Bring It On Yet Again." In the sassy cheerleading/dance flick, which is currently filming in downtown Los Angeles, a pair of rival squads compete for a chance to appear in Rihanna's upcoming television special. It stars Beyoncé's sister Solange Knowles ("Johnson Family Vacation," "The Proud Family") and Hayden Panettiere ("Ice Princess," "Raising Helen").

    In addition to her brief acting role, the 17-year-old singer will also do a special musical performance for the film, though there's no word yet on which song she'll sing. And although she did flub a line or two during rehearsals, she soon eased into the swing of things and nailed her lines during filming.

    "You get better each time you do it," Rihanna said after her sequence.

    Rihanna has already been offered several scripts to look over, including a horror film and a couple of dramatic roles. "Singing was always the bigger picture, but I definitely want to get into acting as well," she said. Rihanna says she wants to take acting classes next year, if time permits.

    Right now, the singer is wrapping up a small cross-country tour to promote her debut album, Music of the Sun, which spawned the hits "Pon de Replay" and "If It's Lovin' That You Want" (see "Rihanna Insists She's Got What You Need In 'Pon de Replay' Follow-Up"). While a third single has yet to be selected by her label, the singer already has her sights on the sultry "Let Me" for that honor.

    "It's a very flirty, very naughty song," she said. "I'm basically telling this guy, 'Let me do those things for you... ' It's very sexy."

    It's not always easy living up to the hype when you're one of Jay-Z's hand-picked protégés (see "Jay-Z's Picks Teairra Mari, Rihanna and Ne-Yo"), but Rihanna has been wearing that title well, even giving Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" a run for #1 (Mariah took the title, nabbing the #1 spot for 13 weeks, but "Pon de Replay" stayed hot on its heels at #2). Going up against her idol, she says, has been one of the coolest things that has happened since her arrival on the scene.

    "I looked up to [Mariah] a lot and I still do. I admire her as an artist, and to [compete with her] was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life," she said.


    http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml
    She is only 17??

  9. #9
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    She is only 17??
    Doh WORREE, 2006 is not too FAR away.

    You still have a CHANCE.

  10. #10
    Foreigner Mali's Avatar Mali is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,647
    Credits
    11,267
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    She is only 17??
    Dats what I was sayin before...I'm not much older but DAMN. She doh look 17 atall.

  11. #11
    Registered User LarryB's Avatar LarryB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,009
    Credits
    1,291
    They should have said something man...they paraded her around as if she was legal....
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Doh WORREE, 2006 is not too FAR away.

    You still have a CHANCE.

  12. #12
    Registered User LarryB's Avatar LarryB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,009
    Credits
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by SxxyMadChild
    Dats what I was sayin before...I'm not much older but DAMN. She doh look 17 atall.
    How she got in the club to tell the dj to turn it up...... ....but on another note....she got thickness coming up with those birthday countdowns to legalland.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •