Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By

Thread: Rights WHen Dealing W/ Law Enforcement. Lets Have Facts & Statutes to back up this

Credits

Rights WHen Dealing W/ Law Enforcement. Lets Have Facts & Statutes to back up this

Seriously.. With all thats going on and before that, I keep seeing stuff flying all over the internet about
    when a cop stops you you dont have to do this, you dont have to that...

Lets have a discussion, and with facts and statutes to back this up..
    not based on emotion or what you saw the other day on Facebook....
    What are our rights and responsibilities when dealing with Law Enforcement..
    What are the responsibilities and duties of police.. what are their limits...
    what are our limits..
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Is it not the case that in America that Statutes and laws when dealing with the police can vary from state to state? Just asking....
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Is it not the case that in America is that Statutes and laws when dealing with the police can vary from state to state? Just asking....
    it is true statutes and laws vary from state to state but i dont think the vary that much tho. People from other states besides NY can offer input and we can see
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    I dont know if this is law or not but i do think cops when stopping a person SHOULD HAVE TO state clearly and concisely why they are stopping the person or why the arrest...

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    so with the new body cameras there may be a clearer answer to the questions.....

If a cop stops me , then my first instinct would be to comply
    and I have all of the (few) time and my experiences have been actually pleasant
    I want to say that people should just comply and everything will be fine - as many on here insist...
    we all don't think alike (thank god) and so if for whatever reason a person is not fully compliant
    there should be a protocol and proper training so that the unarmed person does NOT end up dead
    at least not in the #s that we are seeing....

Credits

Post by AJ+.

ok so, if you do not give a cop consent to search your car, home etc unless the cop has reasonable suspicion of a crime(reasonable Cause)... what happens next... does the cop just leave and you are free to go or are you detained...

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post

Post by AJ+.

ok so, if you do not give a cop consent to search your car, home etc unless the cop has reasonable suspicion of a crime(reasonable Cause)... what happens next... does the cop just leave and you are free to go or are you detained...
    they are supposed, to if they run your name thru the system and find no warrants..
    you lose that right..
    On federal property you or your vehicle is subject to search...

Credits
    bump

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    does it really matter?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    does it really matter?
    It does....

It's about AWARENESS & ACCOUNTABILITY.
    Hello BKLYN likes this.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    In NYS...there is no Law that states you must have Identification on you, other than when you are operating a vehicle.

But if you are caught committing a crime or violations, or there is probable cause, and in some cases reasonably suspicious.
    If you don't have I.D on you...you will can be taking in to custody until they prove your identity...(I.E Fingerprints)

NYS Urban legend has been: You must walk with I.D once you reach the age of 15.

I think that legend took flight because you can be charged for a crime or violation from the age of 13
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey