Thread: Right now I am in Miami

Credits

Right now I am in Miami

I am going to let you all know the most reliable info about Miami Carnival at Bicentennial Park and Miami on the whole. Wednesday when we came in we met with the MiamiCarnival Bandleaders Association Inc (MCBA) and at that meeting the decision to have carnival at Bicentennial was already in effect. That meeting was to approve the route. MCBA came up with a route that all Mas people and carnival people would enjoy. Thursday we again met with some bandleaders and other investors and we again established our full commitment to Miami Carnival 2001. Yesterday was the most important day of our trip. We went into a meeting with The City of Miami Police Dept and the Special Events Coordinator Ms Lina Blanco (which you all could check) and out of that meeting we recieved all the necessary documents permits and committments that we needed to make Carnival happen. The only thing we need to do now, THE ONLY THING WE NEED TO DO NOW is to let you all know how to find your way their. And my only pursuit right now is to give you all the necessary info. And to all that needs the proof later on today the Official Letter from The City of Miami will be here for all to see.

Now their are a lot of things going on. Because of the recent tragedies that happened back home our economy has somewhat weakened. I must say somewhat because don't be fooled, the U.S. would never default on it's debt. But the airline industry is in a mess. I hate to say it but it is a good time to get steals. For example you can book a ticket this weekend with Southwest Airlines to come to Miami Carnival for $69. ROUND TRIP.
    There are other deals around so you all go and get it. Also we arrived 20 minutes b4 our flight. Although security was tight we were able to make our flight well 2 out of three but good enough cause I made it. We flew on JetBlue and they had TV's on the plane and it was a wonderful flight. The weather today is 90 degrees. 90 degrees. People you need to come down and come downtown. We are currently staying where the Girl Power show would be at. They getting ready now. Truss me girl Power will be on and I will be there. And that is Downtown. I got so many memories from the Howard Johnson across the street from Bicentennial Park. I remember I was 14 and I got panced and my mother and everybody in CASYM laughed. I remember staying in the Dupont and mashing up something in the staircase. I remember playing pan in Bicentennial and a white woman came behind me and start to wine. Boy I could go on and on but it is time for you all to make your own memories Downtown get down here to where Miami is Miami. We have the beaches as a matter of fact we went South Beach and linked with a model from Baltimore. Trust me it's happening Downtown. I go tell allyuh more about what going on in Miami including Miami and all the radio stations. Big up to Flava 101.1 and D Wassi One from 96.3 Much love and respect to all and Rememeber be worried cause We Ready Now.

Credits

RE: Right now I am in Miami

so executive all yuh in the process of stll having the carnival downtown but its not official yet, and how many bands we talking about participating.

Credits

thank you for the info...I know that Miami is gonna be nice! Well I am glad you got to experience JetBlue, that is the nicest airplane! Especially since there is no first class and all the seats are leather and they have the t.v. with cable for everybody! That is real nice. Since you are there keep us updated!

:-) babash_gyal

18425 NW 2 Ave #335 Miami Gardens, Fl 33169
    Credits

(305)653-1877 Miami Carnival Rumor Control HOTLINE

call if you have any doubts or questions.

Miami Carnival at OPA LOCKA AIRPORT is ON!!!!!!

Oct 6&7
    2 DAYS = 1 Venue

Credits

I'm glad it's still on, cuz it's downtown I want to be. I had nice fond memories of downtown myself. Namely, the first year I ever went Miami for carnival, 1993. That year when Sound City was still around, they went down and MASH UP Bicentennial Park. And they had a las lap around the park that was too sweeeeet!!!

Ron

Credits

THANX FOR THE UPDATE AND STAY SAFE!!!!:)

Credits

I don't trus' dem bandleaders, I hear that they dont even have the money to rent the park, so how they going to have a carnival
    I going to Opa-locka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits

yo vibes chill out,trust meh they still having the carnival downtown,dont try to start any rumors let the people do their thing.they will have 2 carnivals its up to the people to decide where they want to go.
    honestly the carnival was cancelled at first but now some of the bandleaders still want to have the carnival downtown,so they were in the process of gathering which bands still want to go downtown...so downtown bicentennial park is still on.

Credits

RE: It's 5:14 in MIA

Credits

I ain't tryin to start no rumors, so if yu sure about downtown that's fine. I jus' want my people to have a good time. Nuff respect..........