Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rich Bride, Poor Bride

LB
    Credits

Rich Bride, Poor Bride

I'd love for them to do a followup show for some of these couples to see who and who is divorced after 5 years or who and who is in jail for murder!
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

LB
    Credits
    woman let the man pick her wedding dress and then when she put it on she it is polar opposite from what she envisioned and is upset as hell......these ppl

Poca
    I feel that they are asked to be a little "extra" for drama purposes.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    I feel that they are asked to be a little "extra" for drama purposes.
    you know that is the feeling I am starting to get too. It's kind of sickening to watch if u ask me.

Poca
    Yup, at times it's a wonder that some people decided to get married. Some would not even compromise on the smallest thing. One of my favorite show is Income property on HGTV. The designer always has a good vision and he is kinda cute for a white dude.

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    I does cuss my screen most of the time when I watching it- especially the cheap arse couples.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

LB
    Credits
    Yup, at times it's a wonder that some people decided to get married. Some would not even compromise on the smallest thing. One of my favorite show is Income property on HGTV. The designer always has a good vision and he is kinda cute for a white dude.
    I've only started watching these shows but man, you learn a lot about how ppl choose to relate to each other. And u are right...how some of these ppl decide to marry each other is beyond me. You see the dysfunction a mile away.

Income Property is a good show as well. I love his personality. He handles ppl very well. Did you ever see the one with the Chinese lady's house he was attempting to re-do? OMG she was a trip! Losing it on him cause she didnt like the floor he picked out and then wouldnt return to finishing taping the show and to do the reveal. Even her daughter said, that's why she had to move out :

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    I does cuss my screen most of the time when I watching it- especially the cheap arse couples.
    cheap and tacky.......but then I've seen tacky and well expensive too so :

Poca
    I think I saw that one. Did she get upset over the wood floor stain? She felt that it was too dark or something? He is very talented in my opinion. Also the person who does the stagging is always very good. The design always looks great. It's my "dream" to get Sarh Richardson to design my house but I might have to settle for him. I am sure he is cheaper that her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    I've only started watching these shows but man, you learn a lot about how ppl choose to relate to each other. And u are right...how some of these ppl decide to marry each other is beyond me. You see the dysfunction a mile away.

Income Property is a good show as well. I love his personality. He handles ppl very well. Did you ever see the one with the Chinese lady's house he was attempting to re-do? OMG she was a trip! Losing it on him cause she didnt like the floor he picked out and then wouldnt return to finishing taping the show and to do the reveal. Even her daughter said, that's why she had to move out :

LB
    Credits
    I think I saw that one. Did she get upset over the wood floor stain? She felt that it was too dark or something? He is very talented in my opinion. Also the person who does the stagging is always very good. The design always looks great. It's my "dream" to get Sarh Richardson to design my house but I might have to settle for him. I am sure he is cheaper that her.
    Yes, she thought the stain was too dark but then got even more upset that it wasnt hardwood but was a type of engineered wood blend. She wouldnt calm down to let him offer more solutions or talk it thru. He had to just rip it up and start again. And she never came back to the house while he was working on it. The daughter had to do it. But I think he handled it really really well.
    His properties do look fantastic when they are done for sure.

Sarah is my girl I'd love to pay her too to do my home as well. She no longer does private work is what I read. Only if u are willing to be on one of her shows will she do her home. I think its a result of her being so busy on TV now.

Poca
    Yup Sarah doesn't do pivate homes but her team does. One of my friend contacted her to do her home. Everything she does is so upscale and luxurious, sometimes it's not my taste but it's fab. nontheless!

The guy from income property seems so understand of his clients and seems to really care about giving them something that is really in their best interest. At times though, I find that some people don't properly use to very good proposition they are presented with. Some for 10G difference chose the cheaper reno forgetting the long term vision and the potential return on their house. Ad the piece of mind of knowing that you can totally trust the contractors working on your house.

LB
    Credits
    ohhh okay! I didnt know that about her team but that makes sense come to think of it. When she first came on air I didnt like her style at all but I liked her so I kept watching. After a few seasons her style grew on me but still lots of her final designs look good on TV but I doubt I'd want to live in them. however when she did do private homes many seasons back, I liked that she did listen to what ppl wanted and incorporated their wishes. She is great at explaining things and pulling ppl's visions out and into her design.
    When she is just doing designs for herself - like the homes she buys and flips - you see the difference.

Same with the Income property guy. They are both good analyzers and presenters I find. But u are right - I dont get some of the choice ppl make when he gives them their options. Its like u called him for a reason but yet u dont want to do the most beneficial thing for yourself in the end. Makes no sense sometimes.

Poca
    Did you watch this income property show where he suggested to a couple to renovate the upstairs instead ? This would have allowed them to pay their whole mortgage down to only 5 yrs. He tried to hide it but he was like WTF when the owners declined because they didn't want to have a home and be living in the basement.

LB
    Credits
    Yeah I saw that one! Poor man had to recover quick time from that look on his face but he remained diplomatic about it all. That's why I like him. But I couldnt believe those ppl. 5 years and they would have been mortgage free....most ppl only dream of that and those boneheads turn it down for silly reasons.

Poca
    I know, me too I was like WTF? The basement wasn't even that bad. If I remember right, I think he was even going to renovate it to some degree. I have a feeling that these two have regretted their decision.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast