Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: RICH Banker Tips Waitress $1.33 on a $133 bill and Tells Her To GET A REAL JOB

Credits

RICH Banker Tips Waitress $1.33 on a $133 bill and Tells Her To GET A REAL JOB

Big Time Banker Leaves 1% Tip for Waitress & "Tip" She Should "GET A REAL JOB" [UPDATED]: LAist

He so loathes the 99% that he makes it a point to be an insulting jerk to a server when unprovoked.. His employee who was out to lunch with him snapped a pic of of it and tweeted it...

Big Time Banker Leaves 1% Tip for Waitress & "Tip" She Should "GET A REAL JOB" [UPDATED]
    In the food service industry, bad tippers sometimes live on in infamy. Entire books have been written about the plight of the waitstaff working stiff who gets left pennies that don't come near the standard 15-20%. One diner at a Newport Beach restaurant, however, used a recent $133.54 tab to express his disdain for his server's line of work by leaving a 1% tip and a note: "GET A REAL JOB."

According to the anonymous blogger of a just-launched site called Future Ex-Banker ("I’m sure I’ll get fired eventually. Until then, enjoy," reads the site's tagline and concludes the "why am I doing this?" section), his boss at a very large corporate bank hates hearing about the "99%" represented by the Occupy movement and shows his hatred by tipping a measly 1%.

To illustrate this, Future Ex-Banker has posted a photo of a recent receipt from True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach showing his boss' meager tip and "advice" for a server named Breanna. The blogger writes:

Mention the “99%” in my boss’ presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn’t sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a “tip” of his own.

A hostess who picked up the phone at True Food Kitchen said she had heard about the receipt, but she wouldn't say whether it was real or whether the workers remembered a customer like this.

"I am aware, but we have no statement on the issue," she said. "I'm not sure if it's a fake or not."

She did, however, confirm that the restaurant employs a waitress named Breanna, who is listed on the receipt
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    I hope they fire his/her ass for posting this crap

Credits
    the banker is a real asshole...
    One think if you dont want to tip.. I feel if someone providing you a service, you should show gratitude by tipping, but People have different philosophies on tipping but to tell her to get a real job... She has a real job... she is working, not sitting somewhere being a burden on the system or collecting unemployment..
    mz_JazE, localyde and Colors like this.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

sharkie
    That's pretty messed up.
    triniameri likes this.

Credits
    lmao i went to red lobsters the other day had subpar service and they included 18% in the check for tip...not me and them again! lmaooo

Credits
    nice tip

i usually put "look left look right then left again"

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    the banker is a real asshole...
    One think if you dont want to tip.. I feel if someone providing you a service, you should show gratitude by tipping, but People have different philosophies on tipping but to tell her to get a real job... She has a real job... she is working, not sitting somewhere being a burden on the system or collecting unemployment..
    see. Now if she did get a "real job" who would be serving his ass at lunch time?

at the height of our oil boom a few yrs ago, places like McDonald's, 7-11 and restaurants in general had to bring in workers from Mexico to fill waiter/ess positions because everyone had a "real job" and didnt want to work for less than 80K a yr in the oilfields . lol

Many restaurants including a couple of McD's around my neighborhood had to shut some days due to no staff...not no business....but no staff....so homeboy better be careful what he wishes for.
    Last edited by LB; 02-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Skilz™ View Post
    lmao i went to red lobsters the other day had subpar service and they included 18% in the check for tip...not me and them again! lmaooo
    hmmm..i have actually had this removed..i will complain that i will not pay that amount...and why!!! each time..it is removed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    see. Now if she did get a "real job" who would be serving his ass at lunch time?

at the height of our oil boom a few yrs ago, places like McDonald's, 7-11 and restaurants in general had to bring in workers from Mexico to fill waiter/ess positions because everyone had a "real job" and didnt want to work for less than 80K a yr in the oilfields . lol

Many restaurants including a couple of McD's around my neighborhood had to shut some days due to no staff...not no business....but no staff....so homebody better be careful what he wishes for.
    exactly!!!
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    What travesty are were hoping to be highlighted here again???

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    What travesty are were hoping to be highlighted here again???
    is where u readin anybody calling this a travesty

Carl G. Jung

T-MAKAA
    She must have insulted him in some form

Credits

Credits
    Normally I'd be against this but he was a jack ass for that "get a real job" note.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    Normally I'd be against this but he was a jack ass for that "get a real job" note.
    you wuld be against what exactly?
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    you wuld be against what exactly?
    posting the receipt. on second look though it looks like the waitress tried to black out all the personal stuff even though she left the signature.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast