Thread: Retire

Credits

Retire

For those of you from Trinidad (or any others who wish to participate), if you were approaching retirement age, would you go back home build/buy a nice big house or head to Florida or any other retirement state. Taking into consideration the crime, especially kidnappings in Trinidad.

Indianute
    Quote Originally Posted by nygee
    For those of you from Trinidad (or any others who wish to participate), if you were approaching retirement age, would you go back home build/buy a nice big house or head to Florida or any other retirement state. Taking into consideration the crime, especially kidnappings in Trinidad.
    trinidad seems like a safe place to retire despite the kid napping. my only concern with retiring in the carribean is health care!

Credits
    To me its like if u have an expensive home and drive a nice car because you have the assets u become a target there. Where as across here depending on the area where you live its not a big deal because everyone else in the area have what u have.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianute
    trinidad seems like a safe place to retire despite the kid napping. my only concern with retiring in the carribean is health care!
    Healthcare is a really important issue.

Credits
    It is if say u get seriously hurt and u need urgent emergency care, if u have an existing condition where u r a citizen of this country u can travel to get treatment. I just feel like it makes no sense when u get to that age to retire to return home since there r those who r just waiting to distress u. For this I am disappointed.

Credits
    Allyuh worried bout Health Care----------Patrick know where to go when he heart sick-----------all yuh need is ah airline ticket to Havana

Credits
    how is cuba, i would like to go there some day