Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Restaurant and Group etiquette

Credits

Thumbs up Restaurant and Group etiquette

When dinning out in a group and you are over the age of sixteen please follow these few simple rules to not look like a cheap ################ who has never been anywhere before.

1)No matter what you eat or drink the bill is going to be split evenly amongst EVERYONE involved including tax and tip, unless the event is for someone. Then that person does not pay.

2)If you decide to invite someone with you, you are picking up their portion if they a)Have no money. b)You have discussed beforehand that you are paying for them. c) you are just a decent person.

3)DO NOT try and pull the waiter or waitress to the side in the middle of ordering and ask for a separate check because you only had one drink and an appetizer.

4)When you ask someone out that is a verbal agreement to cover all costs of that person spending time with you. Sometimes I ask a woman out and I got it, sometimes a woman asks me out and she has it. It is understood and there is no need for arguments about it afterwards.

5)The excuse said by anyone in the group of I don't have money, my wallet, or my purse should be followed with a stern slap to the face and a point into the general direction of the kitchen area with the follow up statement of "Get to washing ####################!"

6)The only thing that negates the above five rules is if one person reaches for the check and says the three most magical words in the English language.....I GOT THIS!!!!!

I understand everyone is on a different level financially and not everyone orders the same thing when going out. But if you AGREE TO GO OUT and have fun, eat and drink delicious food, and make good memories. Please don't ruin it by being a scumbag and showing the world how truly cheap you are. When I don't have money like that to go out every once in a while you know what I do?.....I decline the offer, and I sit my broke ass in my apartment and figure out how I am going to make more money to afford to go out when I want.

I hate hanging out with adults that don't follow these rules because I bust my as for every dollar I have and if it happens more than one, I distance myself from that person. Because birds of a feather flock together.

shortsweetness likes this.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Taj
    Credits
    boy o boy also if you've never been to the place do a quick google so you don't put yourself in a sticky situation
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    agree with all this..
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    hab.. do you do the group dining much? cos you've always said you can be cheap..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    I grew up with one person paying the tab when dining. I don't believe in splitting tabs. You can't enjoy dining that way.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    hab.. do you do the group dining much? cos you've always said you can be cheap..
    sometimes...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    I grew up with one person paying the tab when dining. I don't believe in splitting tabs. You can't enjoy dining that way.
    y not.. if you and a group of people go out to dinner, you expect one person to pay for all that? everyone split the tab equally and done instead of trying to figure out who bought what and who food cost how much, cause after you factor in taxes and gratuity it starts to get confusing
    ladyrastafari likes this.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Hate dining in groups. hate it with a passion.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    the 1 time you went out after HS graduation with only your parents doesn't count as you 'growing up doing that"
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    y not.. if you and a group of people go out to dinner, you expect one person to pay for all that? everyone split the tab equally and done instead of trying to figure out who bought what and who food cost how much, cause after you factor in taxes and gratuity it starts to get confusing
    there's an app for that lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    me too.. you have to know who you are doing that with... because some people are notorious for being short.... or acting like they are.... i prefer dining in groups of MAX 6 people.. and them 6 are usually friends from long time... large groups with friends of friends? not into that..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    I have a friend who actually says upfront that she will put a lil more than everyone cuz she be orderin all kinda drinks and expensive shite....other than that we always try to split even...
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    and that's fine too when people absorb the cost of their extras.. i do that sometimes cos i like to order dessert and other stuff

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    Amen!

Shared this before....

At the time these were ppl from work. Everybody drinking and eating, all around good time. Bill come, who start to talk bout all they had was some of so n so fries, who only had a ginger ale.

Just when I thought it couldn't go there...someone call for a calculator; next thing I know one chick attempted to go around the table and write down everything each person had on a napkin.

I took a deep sigh, left my money on the table and rolled out. Don't really do groups much, if I do it's normally a small one where we don't do that assness. Normally we rotate on picking up the tab, or we all put in and that's the end of that.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    the 1 time you went out after HS graduation with only your parents doesn't count as you 'growing up doing that"
    Growing up in the 90s during the booming years, we used to dine every weekend. It was a common staple among family and friends. Back then, it was affordable to dine out.

I went to PF Chang for my HS graduation. Lol They have PF in the DMV?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    I don't believe in it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast