Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Republicans shutdown government

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    1. There is a larger pool which reduces cost.
    2. Emergency room care is exponentially more expensive than regular check ups.
    3. Most people on Medicare like the program. Part D introduced by Bush has since been fixed. Medicare cost have been cut because the ACA (the much discussed $716 Billion cuts to Medicare Ryan and Romney harped on).
    4. The insurance company profits has been capped in part. The new law includes stipulation that 80% of the premium dollars the insurance company makes has to go to coverage and not overhead. Repubs would never go for the government meddling in the free market.
    1. Larger pool means more money to spend.

2. Since emergency room care is more expensive, a lot of insurance companies are advising people to go to urgent care first instead of going directly to emergency room.

3. Yes the medicare costs have been cut..but that supports what I am saying...limited coverage

4. Books are easy to manipulate. Some insurance companies return that premium to customers. Some divert funds to the next fiscal year. Also, what government employees would be responsible for making sure that happens? I hope it's not the same people that work in the IRS or some of these other agencies. Also, one will assume that medical costs will stay the same (which is another issue).

Credits
    Most people are walking around this country without health coverage everyday. There are millions apon millions of people without insurance that will not be able to sign up for OBAMACARE.

I see where in the policy they increase the MEDICAID eligibility by state.....but that stills leave millions without insurance again.

So the biggest question of all is who is really signing up for OBAMACARE? IS IT YOU

Credits
    The idea of fining me is what sticking me.

You want to charge people a penalty for something they can't/couldn't afford to begin with.
    mz_JazE and Colors like this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post

You want to charge people a penalty for something they can't/couldn't afford to begin with.
    its a tax, the government is saying you can afford it, you just have to change your choices. the government knows best.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post

The fine is $95 for the year if you don't sign up.

There are several plans and you get to choose one based on your income. You can even get just catastrophic coverage which covers you only for major accidents but very high co-pays if you want to use it just to see a primary care physician.

If you are broke you get Medicaid which is being expanded.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    not a fan of most of obamacare, but I do like the fact they can't deny people with pre existing conditions.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    not a fan of most of obamacare, but I do like the fact they can't deny people with pre existing conditions.
    if it applied for bad drivers, or college applicatants

there are other solutions such as charities, cooperatives pooling funds together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123