Thread: Recycle the soca for Carnival 2006

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

Recycle the soca for Carnival 2006

SIgh!!! Carnival coming up and once again i am sure we will be hearing the same pack a toots that we always hear. For panorama this year bands were allowed to play old tunes. Now i suggest that for carnival next year carnival band dj trucks play the best of carnivals gone by. If they decided to do this I am going to tell t he that i want to cross the stage to the classic Bashment to carnival by KMC. What yall think.

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    I made a similar post last night in Carnival Central and to be honest, being this is my 1st year I want it to be a classic feeling... Check out this thread CROSSING THE STAGE: because I need some help with chunes to add to my mp3 as help for my carnival bootcamp workout, lol... Right now my favorite is Super Blue "Bacchanal"...

Credits
    Ah think some of you'll should become artists and try putting out a descent album every year instead of running up your mouths.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RasKefentse
    Ah think some of you'll should become artists and try putting out a descent album every year instead of running up your mouths.

Wha de arse!? So wait, you're telling me that you think most artist out there for the carnival season put out some full out great CARNIVAL CD like the past? Dahlin, I don't want to be on stage jumpin up to Blaze de Fire, or YOU TINK' IT'S JOKE!! lol Trust me I love some of dem chunes, I just feel carnival experience. And sometimes instead of being so sarcastic, allow people to make their opinions.... sheeesh.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress
    Wha de arse!? So wait, you're telling me that you think most artist out there for the carnival season put out some full out great CARNIVAL CD like the past? Dahlin, I don't want to be on stage jumpin up to Blaze de Fire, or YOU TINK' IT'S JOKE!! lol Trust me I love some of dem chunes, I just feel carnival experience. And sometimes instead of being so sarcastic, allow people to make their opinions.... sheeesh.
    So stay ya tail home I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone who telling me one think but you will be the same one jumpng around to Blaze De Fire and You Think It's Joke. As far as I'm concern lyrical side of soca has come back to one similar of the past. I will continue to say that Bunji, Maximus, etc. are modernized extempo singers.

Credits
    I think that soca producers don't take advantage of recycling old soca beats which had alot of musical content (melodies Horns, scales, etc.). Look at Hip Hop & danchall that uses old riddim/beats and make mega like Kayne "diamonds & gold digga" or Junior Gong Welcome to Jam Rock. If am not mistaking the "immediate riddim" has part of an old Ronnie McIntosh song.

SO PRODUCER bring back some beats/ riddim from folks like: Shadow, Super Blue, Leston Paul, Shel Shock, etc.into the present soca music.

Credits
    So stay ya tail home I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone who telling me one think but you will be the same one jumpng around to Blaze De Fire and You Think It's Joke. As far as I'm concern lyrical side of soca has come back to one similar of the past. I will continue to say that Bunji, Maximus, etc. are modernized extempo singers.
    SO STAND UP! wha de jail...
    Dahlin you tell me when you was with me PLAYIN MAS, jumpin up to Blaze d Fire and Benjai's chune?? First get your information correct... then come back to carry on this discussion when you're ready to talk about this. I just feel the energy of the "CARNIVAL MUSIC" has changed and I miss the feel for what the past has offered to us. I have nothing against dem artists music, I actually admire people like Maximus as you know... but as for a Carnival experience, very few have the feel of Super Blue, Tambu, and Shadow to name a few. So drink some cocoa and cool it!

Credits
    . I will continue to say that Bunji, Maximus, etc. are modernized extempo singers.
    whatz that?

salty