Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record murder toll jumps higher - Bloody Wednesday - Trinidad

where is the greatest CARNIVAL?..well then yuh find meh!
    Credits

Angry Record murder toll jumps higher - Bloody Wednesday - Trinidad

TRINIDAD GUARDIAN
    http://www.guardian.co.tt/news1.html
    By Denyse Renne

Three Arima men, among them a secondary school student, remained at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in critical condition last night, while two others are dead, after they were shot on Wednesday night.

The murder toll now stands at an alarming 285 for the year. The figure is 84 more than the corresponding period last year.

Ironically, the murders were among seven during a 24-hour span on Wednesday, the day Prime Minister Patrick Manning announced he would seek FBI and Scotland Yard help to assist police with the rising crime scourge.

Investigators believe the murders of Sampson Meyers, 17, and Nicholas Gonzales, 23, and the wounding of Sheldon Lewis, Roger Boodoosingh, 21, and Carlos German, 16, were reprisals for the August 30 killing of Anisha Simon.

Meyers was shot 28 times about the lower body and twice in the head, while Gonzales was shot twice about the body.

Simon, 14, of Jacob Hill, Wallerfield, was at a steelband practice at the Simple Sound Panyard on Pinto Road in Arima, when two men opened fire. She was shot twice in the abdomen and once in the head. She died on the spot.

Nine other people, including seven children, ranging in age from six to 13, were also shot in the attack.

Police reports state that at around 8.30 pm, Meyers, Lewis, Boodoosingh and German were liming at Trainline Road, Arima, when a car pulled alongside and two armed men came out.

The armed men are reported to have started firing wildly at the group, before speeding off in the car.

A few minutes after, Gonzales, who was liming at Trainline Junction, was approached by a man who shot him. He was taken to Arima Health Facility, but died on arrival.

Meyers, Lewis, Boodoosingh and German were sent to the EWMSC, where they underwent emergency surgery.

Investigators said the recent upsurge of murders in the Pinto Road area was connected to the Simple Sound Panyard incident, since there were now warring gangs in the area.

Speaking with the Guardian yesterday, Ricky Boodoosingh, Roger’s father, said: “At around 8.30 pm, I heard loud explosions, and after five minutes, I went outside and saw three men lying on the ground.

“One was already dead and the other two were seriously injured.”

Boodoosingh said his 21-year-old son was self-employed and there was no reason for anyone to shoot him.

A relative of German said: “All who get shoot is no badjohns in the area and have no way of holding any guns.

“They may have their ways, but they are not criminals.”

He said Meyers, Lewis, Boodoosingh and German had just “come out the bush from hunting iguana and had caught one.”

The relative said the men were sitting at the side of the road talking about “how to prepare the iguana” when the car pulled up and the occupants started shooting.

German, a student of St Joseph’s College, was shot in the spine.

Meanwhile, in an unrelated incident, a 26-year-old Carenage man was shot 12 times in the head while liming with friends on Wednesday night.

Police reports state that at around 10.30 pm, Jason Daly, alias “Ding,” of L’anse Mitan in Carenage, was with a group of friends at Nicholas Street when a man walked up to the group and fired several shots.

The group ran off, but Daly collapsed a few metres away. The man is reported to have gone over to him, where he fired more shots.

A few minutes after, residents looked outside and saw Daly lying in a pool of blood.

Investigators said they had not established a motive for the murder and were having difficulty getting information, since no eyewitnesses came forward to give statements.

Meanwhile, Besson Street police are seeking the public’s help in identifying the body of a man found in an abandoned house on Picadilly Street, Port-of-Spain.

Police reports state that at around 7 pm on Wednesday, acting on information, they raided the house and found the man lying on the ground with his hands and feet tied.

The body bore several stab wounds.

Earlier on Wednesday, Candace Subero, Eric Pierre and Nicholas Clarke were all murdered.

Investigations are continuing.

****If you're over 10 And watch CNN and believe everything
    You're in 2 deep, And your 35 And you still survive, idle pon corner side
    You're in 2 deep (Damian Marley -In 2 Deep)****
    "pitch yuh k.u..nt" (taken from VincyShenny)

Credits
    [/QUOTE]
    Check out 1999, less then 100 murders, man what happened since then?

Credits
    Trini giving Jamaica COMPETITION.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

Unhappy

I'm too sad and angry for words.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    I am at a loss of words.

Credits
    Dem TOBAGONIANS are PEACEFUL people; is de TRINI them that MISBEHAVING, according to the STATS.

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Dem TOBAGONIANS are PEACEFUL people; is de TRINI them that MISBEHAVING, according to the STATS.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Trini giving Jamaica COMPETITION.
    watch it we's peaceful loving ppl not like dem

dev
    Credits
    no discussion? trinis come on...let's discuss..i've already shared my views with the people of room 4 and i want to hear yours.

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dev
    no discussion? trinis come on...let's discuss..i've already shared my views with the people of room 4 and i want to hear yours.

it is certainly very sad and disgusting de world we live in 2day...

but why nobody does want 2 discuss Brooklyn murders each day after de news?

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 1trini-gyal
    it is certainly very sad and disgusting de world we live in 2day...

but why nobody does want 2 discuss Brooklyn murders each day after de news?

BROOKLYN IS NOT WHEY I BORN...my caribbean gone corrupt and de people ain't saying njuttin caw dem fritun fuh de machine gun.

Credits
    I will say this again. Before people assume this and that there is a story behind most of the murders spiralling out of Trinidad.
    For the most part people are not killing innocent people, alot has to do with people running "bobbol" as well as spousal disputes.
    Look at the numbers of the murders in their respective locations.
    North, Port Of Spain, West.
    That's just another way of saying Laventille, Morvant, San Juan, Barataria, Belmont, Nelson St., Henry St., George St., and along the Beetham.
    All of these areas are known for drug and gang wars. A lot of these areas are not the richest places.
    Yea the crime rate is high, but when I listen to the stories behind 90% of them, 1/2 of dem look for their shit. People playing with fiyah and getting burn, dais wham down dey so.

I stopped fretting up over the crime rate in Trinidad b/c Trinidad will always be safer than living in any urban area in the US.
    Last edited by deoriginalrudeboy; 09-30-2005 at 11:13 PM.

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by deoriginalrudeboy
    I will say this again. Before people assume this and that there is a story behind most of the murders spiralling out of Trinidad.
    For the most part people are not killing innocent people, alot has to do with people running "bobbol" as well as spousal disputes.
    Look at the numbers of the murders in their respective locations.
    North, Port Of Spain, West.
    That's just another way of saying Laventille, Morvant, San Juan, Barataria, Belmont, Nelson St., Henry St., George St., and along the Beetham.
    All of these areas are known for drug and gang wars. A lot of these areas are not the richest places.
    Yea the crime rate is high, but when I listen to the stories behind 90% of them, 1/2 of dem look for their shit. People playing with fiyah and getting burn, dais wham down dey so.

I stopped fretting up over the crime rate in Trinidad b/c Trinidad will always be safer than living in any urban area in the US.

SO YOU GEHING WE DEMOGRAPHICS? THIS AIN'T JUST ABOUT Trinidad, THE WHOLE CARIBBEAn is infested with the drug dealers and so-call bad man areas. I would not bury my head in the sand just because I no longer live there. It needs to be discuss and solutions put forth.This is where you were born and it has a natural connection back to the life you are living now.
    I had a very deep conversation with Trinidadians tonight and their passion flowed over into trembling voices, on the edge of tears.To see how their wonderful country has become. corrupted politians feeding the nation lies and no one speaks out,because machine guns got big mout.

Credits
    SO YOU GEHING WE DEMOGRAPHICS? THIS AIN'T JUST ABOUT Trinidad, THE WHOLE CARIBBEAn is infested with the drug dealers and so-call bad man areas. I would not bury my head in the sand just because I no longer live there. It needs to be discuss and solutions put forth.This is where you were born and it has a natural connection back to the life you are living now.
    I had a very deep conversation with Trinidadians tonight and their passion flowed over into trembling voices, on the edge of tears.To see how their wonderful country has become. corrupted politians feeding the nation lies and no one speaks out,because machine guns got big mout.
    So what solutions you propose?

Credits
    False.
    Those bombings weren't done without reason.
    I can't speak for the rest of the Caribbean, but I can say it's not just the Caribbean. Mentality of the youth world-wide has changed.
    People will tell you that 20 years ago in this very same America, you could leave your door open. 15 years ago clubs and alarms for cars weren't essential things to have.
    I'm not going to ridicule nor judge the situation going on in the islands, because the intensified increase in crime is something occuring world-wide, becoming more horrid as they years progress.
    When I look at the conditions in the Caribbean compared to America, I would still choose my island any day.
    Last edited by deoriginalrudeboy; 10-01-2005 at 12:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast