Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question 4 Bk Dj's

Credits

Question 4 Bk Dj's

Soca Cd's expensive?

Credits
    What cds are you speaking of? Artist albums?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Destro
    What cds are you speaking of? Artist albums?
    Soca Albums in general. But lets start with The Artist Albums.

Credits
    They are about $15.I dont know if this question should have been directed to djs since most dj's dont pay for music.

Credits
    check jw records on church and nostrand.
    you will definitely get your answer in there.

and to answer your question... it deends on how much $$$ you make
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

Juksan Stabbs
    I feel de girl trying to say wunna DJ's berr go out an buy some rashole CD's an stop playing de same shyte ova an ova like Benjai a couple years back yeh!! De fact dah she is from de land ah KLATYE i feel she en hearing enough Flames, Da Bhann etc and is rapidly approaching a point where she gine soon wanna pelt a tout in wunna moun dance like rashole!!! But i cou-be wrong doah, i en sure!!

Credits
    Thanks for the information guys. So I am to understand that under normal cirumstances the average soca cd costs 15 the max being 20 us dollars. Ok , and most Dj's dont pay for the music......Hmmmm,

DADDY JUKS PONG DE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD....KLATYE!!

SO WHY THE FACK SOME A ALLYA SELECTION SO GATDAMN LIMITED!? Even if you dont care to play soca from other islands I aint guh fight yu, that isnt my issue,... My beef is this, with the amount of good music that come from your particular island, and other islands (as far fetch as it may sound) why do some of you insist on running the same tunes into the damn ground. With the amount of fire that came from previous years, why the neglect. When December and January roll around, I happy, why cause the music is fresh, and some off you get real creative with the mixing and blending and all that other neat stuff you Dj's are capable of. But what happens in the off season?

I do enjoy going out in Bk
    But if this keeps up I may go crazy

If there is a reason for this, please help me to understand.

Credits
    It's not just Brooklyn dj's. Some dj's are scared to play other stuff because they may not get the reaction dem lookin for. Some have regular jobs & sorting thru everything becomes overwhelming(as is trying to keep up with new music). Some just don't care & some have no clue. Not everyone stays on imix or converses enough with people from various islands to even know what is popular. I found dj's that play what I want to hear & try to go out & see them when possible. I also stopped going to parties that I would get disappointed with. Unless you plan on becoming a dj or talking to enough to get your point across...good luck in hearing the Antiguan tunes.

In My Own Space Trying To Keep The Balance
    Credits
    when you guys throughing a party, send for one of you fellow i-mix dj's who hears and feels your pain. holla at your boy

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummacita
    It's not just Brooklyn dj's. Some dj's are scared to play other stuff because they may not get the reaction dem lookin for. Some have regular jobs & sorting thru everything becomes overwhelming(as is trying to keep up with new music). Some just don't care & some have no clue. Not everyone stays on imix or converses enough with people from various islands to even know what is popular. I found dj's that play what I want to hear & try to go out & see them when possible. I also stopped going to parties that I would get disappointed with. Unless you plan on becoming a dj or talking to enough to get your point across...good luck in hearing the Antiguan tunes.

Rummy it isnít even the Antiguan tunes that Iím concerned with, its just the over all quality, and I swear had I the time, I would learn the art of Dj'ing, But I donít, so I have to depend on the people who are out there. Your right some dont care, some are clueless, and like myself and others, they have other responsibilities. It takes one person to pave the way, and change the face of soca dj's hopefully that one person brave enough to go against the grain will see this. I will start my campaign here,.......
    Its not all the time I am in the mood to head to the bronx.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by WadadliEmpress
    Rummy it isnít even the Antiguan tunes that Iím concerned with, its just the over all quality, and I swear had I the time, I would learn the art of Dj'ing, But I donít, so I have to depend on the people who are out there. Your right some dont care, some are clueless, and like myself and others, they have other responsibilities. It takes one person to pave the way, and change the face of soca dj's hopefully that one person brave enough to go against the grain will see this. I will start my campaign here,.......
    Its not all the time I am in the mood to head to the bronx.

Maybe you should do like Rummy said and find some dj's that cater to your needs.Its a well known fact that people complain about the parties and dj's but continue to attend the same parties that use the same dj's. Its a never ending cycle

Juksan Stabbs
    Most DJ's figure that half the fete is Trini so a 50% satisfactory rate is good enough to get them through the night. Yuh might not see the Bajan wave his hand when yuh do a roll call but yuh cou-bet he using dem tuh WUK UP MAN, WUK UP MAN!!! DJ's like crowd reactions and because a lot of people don't know the gutter rat wuk up chunes from Barbados, or the bottle an spoon iron tracks from Antigua etc they won't play the songs an possibly face a crowd who's staring at them when they can play "everybawy take a jump, take a jump, take a jump up now" and get the vibes they are looking for.

Mad Scorpion
    Maybe you should do like Rummy said and find some dj's that cater to your needs.Its a well known fact that people complain about the parties and dj's but continue to attend the same parties that use the same dj's. Its a never ending cycle
    Damn Skippy!!

Wempy in reality unless a DJ is playing in a house party they will 9 out of 10 times play what they either know moves the crowd or what they see before them moving the crowd. I have the safety of a weekly gig so I try at least 2 tunes that don't get much rotation each week and the response is always the same. Now I can't keep trying to force feed the unknowns to people at the risk of losing out on that gig. Play the popular stuff and no matter how tired it is people dance and jump to it.

Every year I hear complaints about Rupee jump but everytime I play it it tears up a party. Partygoers really have themselves to blame more than anyone else.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star General
    Damn Skippy!!

Wempy in reality unless a DJ is playing in a house party they will 9 out of 10 times play what they either know moves the crowd or what they see before them moving the crowd. I have the safety of a weekly gig so I try at least 2 tunes that don't get much rotation each week and the response is always the same. Now I can't keep trying to force feed the unknowns to people at the risk of losing out on that gig. Play the popular stuff and no matter how tired it is people dance and jump to it.

Every year I hear complaints about Rupee jump but everytime I play it it tears up a party. Partygoers really have themselves to blame more than anyone else.

Credits
    Thank god my name isn't people.
    And I have done better than what rummy suggested.
    I just decided to try my luck this weekend to see if anything has changed. Also if you will, I am not attacking, even thou my choice words are harsh. I want to know why Dj's do it. You DJ DESTRO if you are a DJ,..I know may have heard these same complaints, how would you feel knowing the only reason people enjoy your music is because dey was pissy drunk. No one takes pride in the title of being a DJ anymore. That is all I am asking. Not at all making a personal attack on anyone. I can call some Dj's who I know are making an effort. But thats not the resason for my post. I want to know why run the same tunes over and over, you have 3 dj's at a dance and all 3 are playing the same thing inalmost the same order, like if they passing round the same mixed cd. Where is the Skills, where is the variety?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast