Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: QOTD: In a relationship should your S/O also be your best friend!?

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113

    QOTD: In a relationship should your S/O also be your best friend!?

    Why or why not. Please provide examples to help support your arguements.. Tell me your stories!! : PJK™

  2. #2
    Temporary Suspension Swerve is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,361
    Credits
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK View Post
    Why or why not. Please provide examples to help support your arguements.. Tell me your stories!! : PJK™
    Thats what they say...
    On one hand I say yes.. on the other..., I just don't know
    Guess I will have to stay neutral on this.

  3. #3
    Spoogie
    Guest
    Most women don't have what it takes, and the ones who do don't want to be treated like a friend at any point.

  4. #4
    J
    Undercover J's Avatar J is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    somewhere trying to give a f*ck
    Posts
    12,070
    Credits
    1,039,442
    if you are my SO, that is not automatic grounds for you becoming my best friend. relationship are a work in progress.. this may eventually be the case it may not. In some cases you get to find out things about me that no one else may know, character traits, personality traits etc etc, i think all of that comes with the relationship...

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    if you are my SO, that is not automatic grounds for you becoming my best friend. relationship are a work in progress.. this may eventually be the case it may not. In some cases you get to find out things about me that no one else may know, character traits, personality traits etc etc, i think all of that comes with the relationship...
    Nice monologue.... So thats a NO for you den..

  6. #6
    Temporary Suspension Swerve is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,361
    Credits
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    Most women don't have what it takes, and the ones who do don't want to be treated like a friend at any point.
    I wouldn't quite put it in those terms but to be a best friend, you pretty much have to have alot of the same common interests...

    In a nutshel.. SHE must have some guy/tomboyish qualities.. ie. like sports, beer, videogames, otherwomen.. or whatever that man likes to become that mans best friend. It won't work the otherway around b/c that probably means he's gay... So ladies, if yuh man into shopping, spa treatments, watching lifetime an other girly activities.. you should be concerned.

  7. #7
    Registered User Steupz's Avatar Steupz is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    10,883
    Credits
    1,226,784
    No!

    I beginning to think women like panty man.

  8. #8
    Temporary Suspension Swerve is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,361
    Credits
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    if you are my SO, that is not automatic grounds for you becoming my best friend. relationship are a work in progress.. this may eventually be the case it may not. In some cases you get to find out things about me that no one else may know, character traits, personality traits etc etc, i think all of that comes with the relationship...
    Like u really have so have a totee...
    wait.. we all know that.. never mind.

  9. #9
    J
    Undercover J's Avatar J is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    somewhere trying to give a f*ck
    Posts
    12,070
    Credits
    1,039,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Like u really have so have a totee...
    wait.. we all know that.. never mind.
    ear foop yuh seh?

  10. #10
    Will work for Sushi Jinjer's Avatar Jinjer is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nohpetsville
    Posts
    11,484
    Credits
    1,526,294
    your friends are people that know most of what there is to know about you and still accept you regardless...if yuh afraid to tell yuh SO certain things because yuh feel he/she go leave yuh..then I think there should be a re-evaluation of yuh relationship

  11. #11
    another day... Ms. Hershey's Avatar Ms. Hershey is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Why, you comin' tuh visit?
    Posts
    16,495
    Credits
    1,529,448
    so wait... what is the purpose of having an SO if they're not your best friend? if that's the case, just keep them as a FB and call it george. *smh*

  12. #12
    Registered User Skilz™'s Avatar Skilz™ is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,181
    Credits
    641,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    your friends are people that know most of what there is to know about you and still accept you regardless...if yuh afraid to tell yuh SO certain things because yuh feel he/she go leave yuh..then I think there should be a re-evaluation of yuh relationship
    Do you think that there are certain things your SO shouldn't know?

  13. #13
    Temporary Suspension Swerve is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,361
    Credits
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    your friends are people that know most of what there is to know about you and still accept you regardless...if yuh afraid to tell yuh SO certain things because yuh feel he/she go leave yuh..then I think there should be a re-evaluation of yuh relationship
    Like the Iranian Waitress I just cosigned for on a 2007 Escalade?

  14. #14
    Will work for Sushi Jinjer's Avatar Jinjer is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nohpetsville
    Posts
    11,484
    Credits
    1,526,294
    on another note...relationships should also be based on a friendship with that person. I've always said that what's wrong with this world is when Lovers cease to be friends

  15. #15
    J
    Undercover J's Avatar J is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    somewhere trying to give a f*ck
    Posts
    12,070
    Credits
    1,039,442
    so when you and d man done... bess fren status automatically disappear... and to d man and women dem that quick to claim SO.. wah bout dem.. dat is just too many best frens to have oui...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •