Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Prime Ministers really idiots?

Credits

Are Prime Ministers really idiots?

This is from today's nation of SVG Prime Minister basically admitting that his country growns large amounts of marijuana but yet its not his fault and don't place the blame on his nation and focus on the demand for the product in your country...I really don't think I ever came across anything more dotish.

http://www.nationnews.com/StoryView....2000%3A00%3A00

DO not blame us; clean up your own backyard!

That is the advice St Vincent and the Grenadines’ Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves has given to law enforcement authorities in Barbados.

He said yesterday that rather than Barbados’ drug enforcement bosses putting blame on his island, they should flush out their own drug-traffickers.

In a stout defence of his country’s forces and their fight against the illegal dope trade, Gonsalves said it was the high demand by Barbadian traffickers which significantly contributed to the ongoing drug trade between the two territories.

Reacting to concerns from Commissioner Darwin Dottin about the flow of illegal drugs into Barbados from St Vincent, Gonsalves told the WEEKEND NATION: “What Barbados has to look at, as every country which itself does not produce large quantities of marijuana, is its demand situation and to see who are the major distributors and importers.

“You can only have commodity going to a country if there is a demand and if there are people in the chain who are doing the importation,” he added.

Gonsalves’ comments came on the heels of one of Barbados’ biggest drug busts three weeks ago when Drug Squad authorities seized over 2 000 pounds of herb in St Lucy.

At that time , the Commissioner expressed concern about the huge discovery which was believed to have originated in St Vincent.

Now Gonsalves has struck back, saying the same onus was on the shoulders of both islands in trying to eliminate the drug trade.

“That is a challenge which the Barbados law enforcement authorities have to meet in the same way in which we have to meet challenges of that kind in addition, of course, to the matter of production,” he said.

He also said that all of the herb entering Barbados might not be coming from his country.

“I am not trying to defend St Vincent and the Grenadines. It has been the point where some marijuana has gone to Barbados.

“But I also knew when I was practising law and since I am here as prime minister and with certain security information available to me, that specially cured marijuana came out of Colombia and in fact, was entering Barbados at a price below that coming from St Vincent,” he said.

Gonsalves said his drug enforcement authorities were doing an excellent job in interdicting drug traffickers and that regular eradication exercises were conducted in the rural parts of the island where the majority of marijuana was grown.

He also said that contrary to popular belief, most of his country hated dope-trafficking. But, he did admit that there was greater tolerance to people “smoking a little spliff”.

Credits
    What is so DOTISH about what he said?
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 05-06-2005 at 01:01 PM.

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    that's what i'm saying...as long as their's a demand...someone would always try to meet that demand by supplying...simple economics...if Barbados does a better job on their end...it will surely help st. vincent on their end...if no market for the weed then who the hell going to grow it?

Credits

I would like for you to point them out to me.
    As the top guy in govt how can you sit there and say that you are well aware that your country produces large amounts of marijuana but its not your fault when they leave shores of your nation? What do you think would happen if the president of colombia openly said yea we have a whole heap of cocaine but you know what its not my fault that its leaving my country and entering the US. SVG is the largest exporter of Marijuana in the West Indies and the 2nd largest cultivators in the Windies, obviously there is a problem and then to try and blame your problem on demand in other nations is a f*ckery.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    that's what i'm saying...as long as their's a demand...someone would always try to meet that demand by supplying...simple economics...if Barbados does a better job on their end...it will surely help st. vincent on their end...if no market for the weed then who the hell going to grow it?
    I am waiting PATIENTLY for his EXPLANATION, because the DOTISH comment seems like the person who created this thread is the EMBODIMENT of that word.

Credits
    Only reason hes using Barbados because they made comments about it when they caught a TON of weed, but other countries can say the same thing,SVG is largest exporter of marijuana in West Indies and only Jamaica growns more.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanFyah83
    As the top guy in govt how can you sit there and say that you are well aware that your country produces large amounts of marijuana but its not your fault when they leave shores of your nation? What do you think would happen if the president of colombia openly said yea we have a whole heap of cocaine but you know what its not my fault that its leaving my country and entering the US. SVG is the largest exporter of Marijuana in the West Indies and the 2nd largest cultivators in the Windies, obviously there is a problem and then to try and blame your problem on demand in other nations is a f*ckery.
    demand and supply...that's all i can say...plus i must add i don't think that the st. vincent police force/coast guard have the capability to really crack down on the marijuana that's being grown there...

Credits
    Well, there is a DEMAND in BARBADOS, so if the DEMAND isn't there, then BARBADOS needs not to WORRY.

By the way, what is wrong with the GOVERNMENT of COLUMBIA saying that it is not his FAULT that COCAINE is leaving his country??

Even with the MASSIVE help from the USA, how come COCAINE from COLUMBIA is still being EXPORTED at an alarming rate to other countries around the GLOBE?????

Credits
    demand and supply...that's all i can say...plus i must add i don't think that the st. vincent police force/coast guard have the capability to really crack down on the marijuana that's being grown there...

Supply and demand I understand that, but its an illegal drug, the govt is not suppose to acknowledge the problem and play stupid or come out saying we are actively fighting aginst this and blah blah, don't place the blame on the demand of others if you are the source. And if they don't have the capability to crack down that shows they aren't focusing on it or just don't care.

Credits
    Only reason hes using Barbados because they made comments about it when they caught a TON of weed, but other countries can say the same thing,SVG is largest exporter of marijuana in West Indies and only Jamaica growns more.
    I suggest that you go and ASK the BAJAN GOVERNMENT how come OFFICERS within its OWN POLICE force are being ARRESTED for being INVOLVED in the MARIJUANA trade coming out of St. Vincent???

Credits
    Well, there is a DEMAND in BARBADOS, so if the DEMAND isn't there, then BARBADOS needs not to WORRY.

By the way, what is wrong with the GOVERNMENT of COLUMBIA saying that it is not his FAULT that COCAINE is leaving his country??

Even with the MASSIVE help from the USA, how come COCAINE from COLUMBIA is still being EXPORTED at an alarming rate to other countries around the GLOBE?????
    I didn't wnt to say it but everyone knows the reason that it still goes on there is because the cartels have a major influence on the GOVT and you implying that marijuana trade has the same effect on SVG politicans? Also, Colombia has been placed under numerous restrictions in the past.

Credits
    Supply and demand I understand that, but its an illegal drug, the govt is not suppose to acknowledge the problem and play stupid or come out saying we are actively fighting aginst this and blah blah, don't place the blame on the demand of others if you are the source. And if they don't have the capability to crack down that shows they aren't focusing on it or just don't care.
    so if he said that we know marijuana is an illegal drug and we are actively fighting to crack down on it but barbados need to crack down on the demand site of things cause it's their fault that people producing so much marijuana in my country...would that make you feel better? I doubt it...Gonsalves just went straight to the point...it's all a blame game, a political blame game...basically politics...

Credits
    I suggest that you go and ASK the BAJAN GOVERNMENT how come OFFICERS within its OWN POLICE force are being ARRESTED for being INVOLVED in the MARIJUANA trade coming out of St. Vincent???
    He drove a car of someone who is suspected, go look up the charges, it never said that he was actively involved int he trade not to mention hes only been charged, guilty until proven innocent. If he admits it like how SVG admits that his country has a marijuana problem then thats a different story.

Credits
    I didn't wnt to say it but everyone knows the reason that it still goes on there is because the cartels have a major influence on the GOVT and you implying that marijuana trade has the same effect on SVG politicans? Also, Colombia has been placed under numerous restrictions in the past.
    And are you also saying that the MARIJUANA trade is being SUPPORTED by OFFICERS within the POLICE FORCE in Barbados???
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 05-06-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Credits
    just legalize weed...half then they could make money off it...not that they aren't already...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast