Thread: ppl who go off to skool n all of a sudden hoity toity

Credits

ppl who go off to skool n all of a sudden hoity toity

ok why is it that some ppl feel that when they go off to school, or attend college, get a little education in dey rass, that they is so high class, and privleged. it's driving me crazy that in the past three mos. little by little my friend has changed. he's too good for we and talking about skool left n rite n how we are on a level below him, what kinda shite is that. if he wanna do the facts, i go to a more intense college then he, i smarter n get better grades, but still have stayed true to those who were always there.
    it is driving me sick.
    then he's talking left n rite about how he just wants to go back, how he eh have no time fuh we, dis dat n de other, i eh call to make a 5 minutes hello convo into a 45 minute convo of hoity-toityness. i mean come on. just b/c u have a degree doesn't mean you are any better then a garbage man or a barber, or a janitor. i never knew ppl can change so drastically in their first semester of college. n just b/c i doh live on campus he startin shite....n blah blah blah. some ppl and their small minded opinons. :

Credits

Re: ppl who go off to skool n all of a sudden hoity toity

Originally posted by deoriginalrudeboy
    ok why is it that some ppl feel that when they go off to school, or attend college, get a little education in dey rass, that they is so high class, and privleged. it's driving me crazy that in the past three mos. little by little my friend has changed. he's too good for we and talking about skool left n rite n how we are on a level below him, what kinda shite is that. if he wanna do the facts, i go to a more intense college then he, i smarter n get better grades, but still have stayed true to those who were always there.
    it is driving me sick.
    then he's talking left n rite about how he just wants to go back, how he eh have no time fuh we, dis dat n de other, i eh call to make a 5 minutes hello convo into a 45 minute convo of hoity-toityness. i mean come on. just b/c u have a degree doesn't mean you are any better then a garbage man or a barber, or a janitor. i never knew ppl can change so drastically in their first semester of college. n just b/c i doh live on campus he startin shite....n blah blah blah. some ppl and their small minded opinons. :
    BACK IN D ISLANDS WE DOES CALL DEM FRESH WATER YANKEE WELL U SHOULD KNOW.

WELL ANYWAYS I EXPERIENCE BOTH HIS AND YOUR FEELINGS.

BUT DON'T WHAT WHAT ADVISE TO GIVE, IF HE CONTINUE WIT THAT THEN I DOH THINK YOU SHOULD CONSIDER HIM A FRIEND ANYMORE UNLESS YOU FEEL YOU COULD CHANGE HE ATTITUDE OR ATLEAST TRY TO CHANGE IT IF IT WORTH IT.

Credits
    Perhaps he is just proud of what he has accomplished for himself and just has to express it through you.

However, if his intentions are only to belittle you by making you feel less than he, then he may have an inferiority complex and low self esteem and needs to make you feel low so he can feel above you....in this case his friendship is not genuine.

Also, ask yourself why this even bothers you in the first place.......

Credits
    steups
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    Originally posted by kawanastyle
    Perhaps he is just proud of what he has accomplished for himself and just has to express it through you.

However, if his intentions are only to belittle you by making you feel less than he, then he may have an inferiority complex and low self esteem and needs to make you feel low so he can feel above you....in this case his friendship is not genuine.

Also, ask yourself why this even bothers you in the first place.......
    couldnt state it any betta..........i also believe that he is really excited....small island ppl wit degrees is someting worth boastin bout

Credits
    bgd haul it i was being serious.
    he better then me? steups.
    there's an extent of being happy for yourself, and dissassociating yourself w/ others b/c you feel you have gotten too good for them.
    he's a very jealous person i have noticed, and he tries to out do me when i dont even think it's that serious.
    alrite he got me my first job since, a little something i can do since i'm entering college and need work experience, so i started off at the bottom and worked my way to the top. so he was supervising the front end then transferred then left for college. i stayed while going to college and just cut back to 23 hrs a week. so i'm a sociable person and i get along w/ the majority of ppl, and he has made comments often on how im stealing his shine n stupid shite like that, and how i took his place. n i doh be in nobody shadow, so he can drop that idea. so he used to supervise the front end n he left n they needed a fill in person to cover breaks n help out so i got trained and when he came home to work one weekend he was shock n has never stopped talking about it. so one day he called up there pissing drunk n was yelling at this girl how not to let me get the position save it for him. i never knew jealousy would be so, and he is a good friend don't get me wrong, but all this talk of skool n this n that he is trying to show me up. n he's always broke b/c he doesnt know how to portion his check out properly and spending more then he has, and i feel he is jealous b/c i portion my money out for the week saving a certain percentage of each check in the bank.
    why when u doing good ur friend always trying to show u up. i am like any ordinary person, i work part time, go to college, and stay outta trouble, and trying to maintain positive.
    *pops in destra's song negative vibes*
    Last edited by deoriginalrudeboy; 12-14-2003 at 06:03 PM.

Credits
    Sounds like you just need more positive company and that person you are still referring to as a friend doesn't sound positive at all. Sometimes just because you have history with someone doesn't mean they are good for you.