Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Post Civil Rights But Was It Worth The Fight

  1. #16
    Bush Baby Audree's Avatar Audree is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in da cold....
    Posts
    12,470
    Credits
    1,605,108
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

  2. #17
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Audree View Post
    even as I voted for Obama
    I agree with this
    and he should be challenged on such
    its a whole list of some questionable appointments on his part
    yes, very disappointing....

    so this is the quandary, the black people (including sharpton) who would challenge a president on this are leery because it may give ammunition to the "right"

  3. #18
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    even as I voted for Obama
    I agree with this
    and he should be challenged on such
    its a whole list of some questionable appointments on his part
    yes, very disappointing....

    so this is the quandary, the black people (including sharpton) who would challenge a president on this are leery because it may give ammunition to the "right"
    this is beyond Obama dred... cheese and bread

  4. #19
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Audree View Post
    these are the same people who pass an Affordable Care act which doesnt apply to them. Agreeing that we the people should give up our rights to privacy, and give up more our tax dollars for what ever see fit, they give lies about bring freedom to the unruly MENA area, but really though.. they just leave bloodstains across the globe.

  5. #20
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    question

    why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

    truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

    we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
    ladyrastafari and badfowl like this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  6. #21
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    We are Americans and ALL Americans ask politicians to address issues that affect them - that is the reason why we vote and elect them.

    the two are not mutually exclusive - one needs to address issues within and also make demands on politicians

  7. #22
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    We are Americans and ALL Americans ask politicians to address issues that affect them - that is the reason why we vote and elect them.

    the two are not mutually exclusive - one needs to address issues within and also make demands on politicians
    dude, YOU know BETTER

    he is a Black man FIRST before he is a politician and president.....the rules are not the same.....he is intelligent enough to know that he still has to function under the limitations of Blackness...because the scrutiny is GREATER because he is BLACK, than it is because he is a politician and president
    mz_JazE and badfowl like this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  8. #23
    Registered User Vincent Vega's Avatar Vincent Vega is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,274
    Credits
    12,747,358

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    question

    why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

    truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

    we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
    Nikki this first paragraph knocked it out da park
    ~Urbane~ likes this.
    "If you can blame yourself, the fix is pretty easy"

  9. #24
    Bush Baby Audree's Avatar Audree is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in da cold....
    Posts
    12,470
    Credits
    1,605,108
    Nikki all of that is by far true, but irrelevant.

    We already know this and he does too.
    But which AmeriKkKa? Exactly is he serving?
    He got his foot in the door, but he has never opened any format of discussion to resolve the atrocities within the Black Community.

    I seriously can not believe how he has turned a blind eye to the racial discrimination against people of color across the Nation.
    Especially STILL IN THE SOUTH!

    Who more better? Who's Voice in this country is more desired?


    This is one reason why I ask, what was the purpose of using Dr. Kings Bible?
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

  10. #25
    change is up to us... Buhbayduss's Avatar Buhbayduss is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Vauxhall ch ch...
    Posts
    3,282
    Credits
    951,946,294
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    question

    why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

    truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

    we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
    reading anything after this, is not worth reading...
    Only shades of colour that are seen on IMIX, BLACK, WHITE & GREY. The beauty of all things are transform into those colours... Winter very LONG, spring, summer fall very SHORT.

  11. #26
    Players Play I Coach Swollen's Avatar Swollen is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,730
    Credits
    154,639,656

    Alyuh put on yuh thinking Cap



    Obama was not elected to represent black issues....

    His base is gay as fock.....

  12. #27
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Audree View Post
    Nikki all of that is by far true, but irrelevant.

    We already know this and he does too.
    But which AmeriKkKa? Exactly is he serving?
    He got his foot in the door, but he has never opened any format of discussion to resolve the atrocities within the Black Community.

    I seriously can not believe how he has turned a blind eye to the racial discrimination against people of color across the Nation.
    Especially STILL IN THE SOUTH!

    Who more better? Who's Voice in this country is more desired?


    This is one reason why I ask, what was the purpose of using Dr. Kings Bible?
    you expecting him to be Al Sharpton...if he was Al Sharpton, he would have never been elected....much less reelected....

    he is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, which is FINALLY giving CREDENCE to the BLACK MALE VOICE...it is up to US, to now continue to VALIDATE his voice, to give it more power...but instead, some of us are choosing to discredit it....that is way more harmful to the collective than anything Obama is doing
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  13. #28
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    dude, YOU know BETTER

    he is a Black man FIRST before he is a politician and president.....the rules are not the same.....he is intelligent enough to know that he still has to function under the limitations of Blackness...because the scrutiny is GREATER because he is BLACK, than it is because he is a politician and president
    I addressed all of that previously and hence my continuing support of him

    I also said this is new and a tricky position for us

    We still need to question and demand - which is the question i answered

  14. #29
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    NG- to question Obama actions does not mean to not like or support him. Obama enjoys unprecedented black support - like no ever black candidate ever on this scale - a great black solidarity feat but AGAIN, he can should be questioned at times...

    There has been strong black opposition to stop and frisk
    Obama supports the Architect of stop and frisk
    we can love and support him but tug on him and say something....

    we dont expect him to be "AL Sharpton " - Black people have NEVER elected Sharpoton to anything - he probably can't win dog catcher in our communities

  15. #30
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    NG- to question Obama actions does not mean to not like or support him. Obama enjoys unprecedented black support - like no ever black candidate ever on this scale - a great black solidarity feat but AGAIN, he can should be questioned at times...

    There has been strong black opposition to stop and frisk
    Obama supports the Architect of stop and frisk
    we can love and support him but tug on him and say something....

    we dont expect him to be "AL Sharpton " - Black people have NEVER elected Sharpoton to anything - he probably can't win dog catcher in our communities

    what are the duties of the head of homeland security?

    is it support as much as it is, getting a man out of a position where he is DIRECTLY affecting Black men in a negative way
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •