Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Post Civil Rights But Was It Worth The Fight

Credits
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Audree View Post
    even as I voted for Obama
    I agree with this
    and he should be challenged on such
    its a whole list of some questionable appointments on his part
    yes, very disappointing....

so this is the quandary, the black people (including sharpton) who would challenge a president on this are leery because it may give ammunition to the "right"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    even as I voted for Obama
    I agree with this
    and he should be challenged on such
    its a whole list of some questionable appointments on his part
    yes, very disappointing....

so this is the quandary, the black people (including sharpton) who would challenge a president on this are leery because it may give ammunition to the "right"
    this is beyond Obama dred... cheese and bread

Credits
    these are the same people who pass an Affordable Care act which doesnt apply to them. Agreeing that we the people should give up our rights to privacy, and give up more our tax dollars for what ever see fit, they give lies about bring freedom to the unruly MENA area, but really though.. they just leave bloodstains across the globe.

Credits
    question

why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
    ladyrastafari and badfowl like this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    We are Americans and ALL Americans ask politicians to address issues that affect them - that is the reason why we vote and elect them.

the two are not mutually exclusive - one needs to address issues within and also make demands on politicians

Credits
    We are Americans and ALL Americans ask politicians to address issues that affect them - that is the reason why we vote and elect them.

the two are not mutually exclusive - one needs to address issues within and also make demands on politicians
    dude, YOU know BETTER

he is a Black man FIRST before he is a politician and president.....the rules are not the same.....he is intelligent enough to know that he still has to function under the limitations of Blackness...because the scrutiny is GREATER because he is BLACK, than it is because he is a politician and president
    mz_JazE and badfowl like this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    question

why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
    Nikki this first paragraph knocked it out da park
    ~Urbane~ likes this.
    "If you can blame yourself, the fix is pretty easy"

Credits
    Nikki all of that is by far true, but irrelevant.

We already know this and he does too.
    But which AmeriKkKa? Exactly is he serving?
    He got his foot in the door, but he has never opened any format of discussion to resolve the atrocities within the Black Community.

I seriously can not believe how he has turned a blind eye to the racial discrimination against people of color across the Nation.
    Especially STILL IN THE SOUTH!

Who more better? Who's Voice in this country is more desired?

This is one reason why I ask, what was the purpose of using Dr. Kings Bible?
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits
    question

reading anything after this, is not worth reading...
    Only shades of colour that are seen on IMIX, BLACK, WHITE & GREY. The beauty of all things are transform into those colours... Winter very LONG, spring, summer fall very SHORT.

Credits

Alyuh put on yuh thinking Cap

Obama was not elected to represent black issues....

His base is gay as fock.....

Credits
    Nikki all of that is by far true, but irrelevant.

We already know this and he does too.
    But which AmeriKkKa? Exactly is he serving?
    He got his foot in the door, but he has never opened any format of discussion to resolve the atrocities within the Black Community.

I seriously can not believe how he has turned a blind eye to the racial discrimination against people of color across the Nation.
    Especially STILL IN THE SOUTH!

Who more better? Who's Voice in this country is more desired?

This is one reason why I ask, what was the purpose of using Dr. Kings Bible?
    you expecting him to be Al Sharpton...if he was Al Sharpton, he would have never been elected....much less reelected....

he is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, which is FINALLY giving CREDENCE to the BLACK MALE VOICE...it is up to US, to now continue to VALIDATE his voice, to give it more power...but instead, some of us are choosing to discredit it....that is way more harmful to the collective than anything Obama is doing

Credits
    dude, YOU know BETTER

he is a Black man FIRST before he is a politician and president.....the rules are not the same.....he is intelligent enough to know that he still has to function under the limitations of Blackness...because the scrutiny is GREATER because he is BLACK, than it is because he is a politician and president
    I addressed all of that previously and hence my continuing support of him

I also said this is new and a tricky position for us

We still need to question and demand - which is the question i answered

Credits
    NG- to question Obama actions does not mean to not like or support him. Obama enjoys unprecedented black support - like no ever black candidate ever on this scale - a great black solidarity feat but AGAIN, he can should be questioned at times...

There has been strong black opposition to stop and frisk
    Obama supports the Architect of stop and frisk
    we can love and support him but tug on him and say something....

we dont expect him to be "AL Sharpton " - Black people have NEVER elected Sharpoton to anything - he probably can't win dog catcher in our communities

Credits
    NG- to question Obama actions does not mean to not like or support him. Obama enjoys unprecedented black support - like no ever black candidate ever on this scale - a great black solidarity feat but AGAIN, he can should be questioned at times...

There has been strong black opposition to stop and frisk
    Obama supports the Architect of stop and frisk
    we can love and support him but tug on him and say something....

we dont expect him to be "AL Sharpton " - Black people have NEVER elected Sharpoton to anything - he probably can't win dog catcher in our communities

what are the duties of the head of homeland security?

is it support as much as it is, getting a man out of a position where he is DIRECTLY affecting Black men in a negative way

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast