Thread: poca come here a min please....

Credits

poca come here a min please....

this CEGEP schooling... is this the equivalent of form six in the caribbean (and the uk/commonwealth)???
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Poca
    I cannot answer because I don't know about the form 6 system. However, I can tell you that it only exits on QC where high school is only 5 yrs. It has either 3 yrs programs or 2 yrs programs. The 3 yrs programs are called technical fields, where after you 3 yrs you are trained to work in your field and have all the certified requirements. the 2 yr programs are called pre-university programs. Depending on your choice and grades you can chose from: health science, pure and applied science, Social science, commerce, international BA and others depending on the CEGEP. After the 3 yr programs one can still decide to go to Uni and get that BA. Usually people enter the work force, make some money and go to uni in order to improve their career perspective. Although Uni is a goal for a lof of people, finacially a much better choice to do a technical program than a BA in something that will not valuable on the job market ( psychology, law, sociology, anthropology, political science etc).

Credits
    Hmm sounds like the form six program which are two additional years of school after the five years of secondary school... Students did the gce.. And specialized in certain subjects, three plus GP which was a general paper to test ur writing abilities.. So people would only study like math physics chem and GP or english lit history economics and GP.. Whatever subjects dey choose
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Poca
    yup, sounds like it. Why did you ask?

Credits
    was reading something and came across it.. but i wasnt sure if it was the equivalent of form six.. and i knew you lived in montreal so i asked.. thats all..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Poca
    ok madame.

what is that O level, A level you guys have in tnt?

Credits
    well O level is the UK equivalent of the bacclaureate school leaving degree/high school diploma you guys have.. it means Ordinary Level.. the A-Level is the CEGEP level certification.. it means Advanced Level.... shows that you did more indepth work at that level in those subjects.. most people do it to prepare for university

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    What it is is a big waste of time.

Two years of my life that I'm never gonna see again.

Credits
    thanks for your contribution..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabeel View Post
    What it is is a big waste of time.

Two years of my life that I'm never gonna see again.
    you went to 6th form