Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Please Moderator Don't Ban This Post

Credits

Please Please Moderator Don't Ban This Post

THIS IS AN OPINION I WON'T BE ATTACKING ANYONE'S FRIENDS.

Ok where to begin. First of all Thank you everyone including promoters dj's and imix members and management for your support of the parties I had over the weekend. Now for the very small issues I want to address. For me to even write this you know it is warrented. Now one imix member in particular was not happy at all with the way the music was played in the Sunday party at the Loft that's fine. Now judging by the overwhelming POSITIVE response of the party afterwards from everyone I am forced to say that that member's opinion was one of personal preferance which is fine too. I know he is what we would call a "100% soca lover" and boy that is great. He in turn got support from ONE other imix member backing up his claim since she too is a "100% soca lover". That's fine too. My problem is saying only two people over 40 were dancing to the music we were playing was inaccurate . The fact that you said people were filing out in groups was also inaccurate. You may not have realized but Parties in Brooklyn supposed to end at 4 maybe 4:30 latest. How do you explain at least 200 + people still there when the lights came on at 6 am!!!!. This is why you would have gotten a response the way you did because your observation was not true. No one will stand by and watch you make inaccurate statements. Now comments and suggestions I will be more than happy to welcome but let's face it there are better ways to let me know how you feel. I have been an IMIX member before most moderators and MEMBERS on Imix. If you felt that strongly about it you could have sent me an email or you could have just simply approached me at a future party. Believe me I listen..Also another thing when I advertised my Birthday Party I didn'T say it was a 100% Black & White Soca Party. I have a pretty diverse crowd of people that come to my parties. People from my job, my wife's job, People who I do Dj business with from House dance clubs Reggae dance clubs etc and the last I remembered is that MAJORITY RULES. The majority says they love coming to my parties because they get every kind of music in them. Now for the 100% soca Parties that are out there, I LOOOOOVE THEM because NOBODY loves SOCA more than me. Anybody want to challenge that may have an uphill battle because the Soca you claim you love, you listen to them but I have LIVED them. Who can tell me they were there listening when Sparrow's "Doh Back Back On Me" was first played on the radio. When "ah comin High" by Becket was FIRST played on the radio. Who can tell me they were there when Machel Montano sang "Too Young to Soca" on the Big stage in Trinidad wearing a daiper (sorry to blow yuh up Machel lol). I lived SOCAand still live to to this day. For the 100% soca lover the "100% Soca Parties" are those those that a "100% soca lover" would be at home with. What I am trying to say is that my next party will be exactly the same way so keep that in mind for the future because MAJORITY RULES. I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING because everyone loves the DIVERSITY of the MUSIC.

ONE MORE THING TO THINK ABOUT...

DOES BEING A 100% SOCA LOVER MEAN THAT IN YOUR WEDDING YOU WOULD MAKE IT A 100% SOCA WEDDING???

YOU GOT TO HAVE SOME DIVERSITY remember that....

PS I HOPE I STAYED WITHIN THE CONFINES OF NOT BEING BANNED OR HAVING THIS POST REMOVED. THANK YOU.

I THINK I SAID ENOUGH. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO RESPOND BUT I WON'T. I JUST WANTED TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. THANKS

Credits
    We should turn Imix into a reggae site

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by fiyah
    yeah righht

Credits
    pelt it Fiyah :devil

Credits
    Bossman being a fellow promoter in the business you can only take the feedback and try to use it as a positive next time. Simple rule states you cannot please all of the people all of the time, and those who where there will know if they enjoyed themselves or not..

But alas I ovastand your fustration and wish you the best for 2k5.

Mad Scorpion
    Yuh lucky yes soldya. Cause if it was me I wouldna even give dem de time of day. Everybody is a critic of what we as DJs do and most would be lost if we gave them our headphones and said "why don't you try." Keep doing your thing just the way you always have. Your reputation as (being among) the best for some has been earned so do yourself a favor and ignore the detractors. Many of them haven't the slightest idea what it takes to be a good DJ but sure as hell know how to criticize.

Credits
    BackIIBasics you have my support 100% keep playin the way you do.

Credits
    B2B I'm glad you stated your comments. But unfortuneately you can't please everyone.

that's why my comment was answered to Dragon's post of Mix Music in parties is:

This is a real party - let me break it down:
    80% soca
    20% reggae
    5% Hip-Hop
    4% R&B
    1% Salsa, Merengue, Zouk

*the bottom line is your job to entertain everyone. who don't like then stay home or go to 100% soca & reggae parties etc.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ARAMˣITA
    B2B I'm glad you stated your comments. But unfortuneately you can't please everyone.

that's why my comment was answered to Dragon's post of Mix Music in parties is:

This is a real party - let me break it down:
    20% soca
    80% reggae

5% Hip-Hop
    4% R&B
    1% Salsa, Merengue, Zouk

*the bottom line is your job to entertain everyone. who don't like then stay home or go to 100% soca & reggae parties etc.
    Hey Cara ... I fixed that mistake in yuh post for you

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBACKTOBASICS
    I THINK I SAID ENOUGH. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO RESPOND BUT I WON'T. I JUST WANTED TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. THANKS
    Boy..you really have alot of time on your hands...
    Shouldn't you be getting your road mixes together ?
    Anyway, well said about the majority rules. I know how that feels.I go through that every Friday @ The Crossroads...
    Just keep doing what YOU do my brother.
    Blessings to you and your family..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sprang
    Anyway, well said about the majority rules. I know how that feels.I go through that every Friday @ The Crossroads...
    And trust me! Sprang always tries and never fails to please the masses.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBACKTOBASICS
    Machel Montano sang "Too Young to Soca" on the Big stage in Trinidad wearing a daiper (sorry to blow yuh up Machel lol). I lived SOCAand still live to to this day.
    i c yuh had to get stuff off yuh chest, but yuh had to call him out so? lolol c ya round boss.

salty

Credits
    Hey Cara ... I fixed that mistake in yuh post for you
    who died and made you commander in charge?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sprang

sprang, shameless plug

Credits
    baby you didn't have to, but I undersatnd why you had to address it, anyway I didn't no you had a little comedy in you, this part was funny
    "DOES BEING A 100% SOCA LOVER MEAN THAT IN YOUR WEDDING YOU WOULD MAKE IT A 100% SOCA WEDDING???"

lol

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast