Thread: Please help with this lil focus group

Credits

RE: Word of the Day

Credits

Please help with this lil focus group

Good morning all, I would greatly appreciate a little assistance. I am doing a little focus group for someone who wants to start a magazine geared towards young west indian men and women. I would like to know what exactly is on your minds and what topic/ questions would you like to see answered. What do you hate about the magazines that are in circulation already?( not necessarily geared to WI). Feel free to voice any opinions
    Thank You
    :):):):):):):):

Credits

RE: Please help with this lil focus group

You know what I hate about magazines? Too many damn commercials. Pages and pages of brand name clothes, bags, perfumes, colognes. Might as well they make a magazine just for that. Hmmmm.....blinking light above my head

Credits

Sorry, I forgot the real basis of the question. You should put stuff like, party reviews, fete reviews, then you're gonna have a serious section, maybe do like a letter to the Editor kind of thing. Then you can have a section where men and women write their problems and a person put's advice in the paper. Then you could have a girl of the week from different islands, you could do West Indian artists reviews. Top Class, you getting this too?

Credits

The magazine could also touch on issues that directly relate to West Indians. Things like immigration issues, economical climate throughout the caribbean, the negative influence America has on the islands, the current trends in fashion throughout the caribbean, have a feature section that would showcase a different island in each issue, a cultural section that illustrates culture in the islands, since many of the islands do vary culturally. As long as the focus does not stray from the point, and eventually become burried under other issues that do not affect the caribbean.

SOCA

Credits

Too many commercials is the truth, but since they help pay the bills replace them with things specifically of Caribbean/West Indian interest, ie, Airlines, travel agencies, Caribbean based designers, Carib, Grace Foods, Matouks, etc.

Public service announcements, regarding AIDS, Cancer, diabetes, etc. and other things diseases that have an overwhelming affect on our community.

As for content, I would like to see Q&A type interviews of artists, promoters, politicians, and various government officials.

Credits

Check out Everybody's at www.everybodysmag.com

They've been in business for 25 years, and seem to have a great following...I've heard they do a good job of topics pertinent to the WI community.

"Out of many, One People"