Thread: Which player today in their prime beats Michael 1 on 1 in his prime

Credits

Which player today in their prime beats Michael 1 on 1 in his prime

Great video, listen to that story about Corey Benjamin at the end....man....amazing.

I think Kobe has the best shot. Kobe in his prime was MJ with better offensive moves, less basketball iq, less lift, and no help (talking about that 35.8 ppg season, 81 points, with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Chrism Mihm as the starters ), in my opinion, offense and defense.

In a game to 11, MJ probably wins 11-10.
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribKaraoke View Post
    Great video, listen to that story about Corey Benjamin at the end....man....amazing.

I think Kobe has the best shot. Kobe in his prime was MJ with better offensive moves, less basketball iq, less lift, and no help (talking about that 35.8 ppg season, 81 points, with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Chrism Mihm as the starters ), in my opinion, offense and defense.

In a game to 11, MJ probably wins 11-10.
    Now the bolded part I have to disagree with. I'm not quite sure what "better offensive moves" entails. The only thing skillwise I think Kobe had on MJ was being slightly a better 3pt. shooter. Now mind you it's a lower % shot to take so I could understand why MJ didn't shoot as many til he got older. But his stroke was brutal in the '80s,lol. In fact a lot of teams/stars didn't really start utililizing the 3 consistently until the early 90s. Like people praise Bird for being a great 3pt shooter which he was, but he only averaged 1.6 attempts per game for his career.

I personally hate these Kobe/MJ comparisons, they're tiring and endless on the Net like weeds,lol.

But to answer the ???....I'd say probably Kevin Durant....he's tall enough to affect MJ's shot on 'D with his wingspan, and on offence he's capable of shooting over MJ (6'6"). LBJ....meh, I don't like his chances.....you can play off of him and his jumper can be off at times. It was successful for SA until the last 2 games of the series.

So that's my answer KD, and that's it.
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson