Thread: Plasma Or Lcd

Poca

Plasma Or Lcd

i am about to buy either one of them. which technology would you suggest? and why?

Poca
    Hello!

None Of You Has A Plasma Or Lcd Tv?

Credits

elq
    Credits

Credits
    I just ordered an LCD should be here tomorrow or Saturday....will let you kow then.

Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    i am about to buy either one of them. which technology would you suggest? and why?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya

go LCD!! they are sharper and clearer than Plasma!! Plasma sets don't last that long and the screen can not be replaced when it goes bad. also plasma sets tend to make noise.

Credits
    LCD by far! Plasmas don't last too long if you are a TV junkie like me.

Credits
    My boss is buying one and he was telling me that it's suggested if u have a very bright room wid lots of sunlight that Plasma is best for viewing. They are more expensive buh if the lighting in the room is more subtle...u can save yuhself money wid the LCD or Sony's DLP (Projection TVs)

Poca
    thanks all.

Credits
    Lcd is the way to go. I have a 20" hanging on my wall, the image is crisp and clear. Plasmas die out before an LCD, even the sales rep wherer I bought my tv reccomenmded the lcd over a plasma which costs more money. If you're in NY, JR Music Worls is a good place to get 1. Make sure you don't over pay at stores like Circut City or Radio Shack.

If you're gonna get 1 of those monitor tvs, don't use it as a monitor cause that will only shorten the lifespan.

Barbados my home no matter where ever I go
    Credits
    It don't matter - as long as its got High Definition, y'aight.

Poca
    plasma: http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.gr...5143&category=

lcd:http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.gr...5135&category=

these are the two one i was considering....
    but i noticed the plasma has a bigger screen than the lcd and it's the same price as the LCD so it got me wondered.

Credits
    Ok I have both Plasma and LCD, the Plasma has a better quality pic but you will see burn spot faster than on the LCD. I think the plasma is for some one who does not watch a lot of TV and LCD is more for the TV watcher. I also have a DLP TV and it better than both in my eyes.

Credits
    It depends on what size u get...that toshiba plasma has a beautiful picture....there are precautions u must take however...don't leave a dvd paused...games paused or say put dvd player on to put something in it...and leave it on displaying the...samsung/sony display or what have u....u shouldn't leave anything on the screen as it has a tendency to "burn in" ....this won't happen that quickly with the newer plasmas its not that serious....but what u may want to ask is...if the plasma has "whitewasher" so that if burn in does occur you'll be able to burn back in the burn in that occurs....white pixels fill back in burn in spots....

with lcd burn in can also occur...the rate of burn in is much slower than that of plasma but take the same precautions. the picture quality will be deeper on the plasma as it has a much higher color range....ask the sales person about the refreshment rate or how fast the processor is moving to display the pixels...u can see this for urself..look at an image that is moving fast on both tv's and see which tv holds the picture with less pixelation....when u go in the store make sure u see the feed on both high def and reg standard def...before u make ur decision...yes i sell these tvs..both technologies are very nice depends on the room/size and tv...sony lcd wega has a very nice lcd..comparable with many of the plasmas...um...yea ask a lot of questions...however if ur not planning on hangnig on the wall and going for size..and u dont have a room that ur sitting with vast angles...look into a 1080P dlp or a lcd projection..namely mitsubishi/samsung 1080p and sony lcd projo sxrd model...

Dragon
    Poca .. I got a HDTV plasma and it works fine