Thread: Plane from JFK has emergency landing at Piarco Airport (Trinidad)

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

Plane from JFK has emergency landing at Piarco Airport (Trinidad)

Emergency Landing at Piarco International Airport.

An emergency landing has occurred at the Piarco International Airport, forcing the closure of the Airport’s runway. It is reported that the Universal Airlines Flight was forced to land shortly after Six O’clock this morning (6 A.M.).

The flight was en route to Georgetown, Guyana from JFK, New York. It was scheduled to make a stop over in Trinidad.

When contacted a short while ago, Communications Manager Ellen Lewis-Adamson confirmed the emergency landing.

She explained that at 5:14AM, the pilot of Universal Airlines Flight 1101 reported that the left landing gear if the plane was not responding.

The pilot notified Air Traffic Control.

According to Mrs. Lewis-Adamson, the pilot then made a fly by to allow traffic control to observe if the landing gear was visible.

However, because of poor visibility, it was difficult to confirm.

Mrs. Lewis-Adamson says a full-scale emergency was declared at 5:55AM, the runway was closed at 6:05AM, and the aircraft landed at 6:08AM without incident.

The emergency situation was subsequently lifted at 6:37AM.

I95.5 New Now understands that the flight was cancelled and the aircraft towed in for servicing.

There were one hundred and thirty eight (138) passengers on board the aircraft, and up to news time, they were still at Piarco.

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Dag thanks for the update

how was your trip
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva**
    Dag thanks for the update

how was your trip
    I had a great time. Looking forward to going back again.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty

An emergency landing has occurred at the Piarco International Airport, forcing the closure of the Airport’s runway. It is reported that the Universal Airlines Flight was forced to land shortly after Six O’clock this morning (6 A.M.).

The flight was en route to Georgetown, Guyana from JFK, New York. It was scheduled to make a stop over in Trinidad.

When contacted a short while ago, Communications Manager Ellen Lewis-Adamson confirmed the emergency landing.

She explained that at 5:14AM, the pilot of Universal Airlines Flight 1101 reported that the left landing gear if the plane was not responding.

According to Mrs. Lewis-Adamson, the pilot then made a fly by to allow traffic control to observe if the landing gear was visible.

Mrs. Lewis-Adamson says a full-scale emergency was declared at 5:55AM, the runway was closed at 6:05AM, and the aircraft landed at 6:08AM without incident.

I95.5 New Now understands that the flight was cancelled and the aircraft towed in for servicing.

There were one hundred and thirty eight (138) passengers on board the aircraft, and up to news time, they were still at Piarco.

this is bullshhit

Credits
    See...that's why I'm terrified of flying!!!!

Credits
    Jesus Christ! Just when I thought I was a little calm traveling to Guyana, this shit happens! and the other day they were saying how some plane that went to guyana did not have enough fuel to get to another airport if they could not land in Guyana.....damn...I love my country but traveling is soooo scary!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty

Yeah I had some friends who were on their way to Guyana on that flight. My friend was real worried about his wife and kids. But they put passangers in the Comfort Inn, I called yesterday and everything was ok with them and they got a flight 10 pm last night.
    That's some scary sh!t though.