Thread: Pit bulls go on bloody rampage in neighborhood

Credits

Pit bulls go on bloody rampage in neighborhood

CARY, Ill. - A 10-year-old boy was in critical condition Sunday after three pit bulls escaped from a home and went on a rampage, attacking six people before police shot and killed dogs, authorities said.

No charges had been filed Sunday, but McHenry County Sheriff Keith Nygren said it was being investigated as a crime scene.

Neighbors said the attacks started late Saturday afternoon when children going door-to-door for a fund-raiser arrived at the home of Scott Sword, 41, who owned the dogs.

"We had music playing, and I heard this bizarre sound," said Debby Rivera, who lives three houses away. "I looked out the window, and I saw a young boy. The dogs were just jumping on him."

"The screams were horrible," she said. The dogs were "relentless, like they were possessed."

The pit bulls attacked the two children, and when the dogs' owner tried to stop them, the dogs turned on him and bit off his thumb, Nygren said. The boy's father also tried to protect his son and was attacked. The dogs went after another neighbor as well.

"The scene sprawled over a couple blocks, it was a very chaotic scene," said Lt. Michael Douglas of the Cary Fire Protection District.

Residents threw rocks at the dogs and honked car horns to try to distract them from attacking before police arrived and shot the animals.

Jim Malone said he and a neighbor tried to beat the dogs back with baseball bats. "He'd hit them, they'd run, and they'd come back," Malone said. "This went on for 15 minutes."

The boy who was attacked, Nick Foley, was hospitalized in critical condition Sunday. His friend Jordan Lamarre, also 10, was in serious condition. Nick's father was listed in good condition. Sword and two others were treated for injuries and released.

Last week, another 10-year-old boy in Colorado was mauled by a pack of pit bulls that attacked him in his own back yard. The boy was in critical condition after the attack, and the hospital said Sunday his family had requested no further information about his condition be released.

The attack in the Denver suburb of Aurora came two days after the City Council banned pit bulls and other "fighting dogs." Owners who already had the dogs could keep them if they paid a $200 annual license fee.

chrza
    This is exactly why people should need a license to own dogs that are capable of killing. I really feel sorry for the children AND the dogs as well as all the responsible owners out there.

Credits
    I tell you those dogs are vicious, they turn on their own masters. I'm good with labrador you hear.

I hope the lil boy survives
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Juksan Stabbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Val
    I tell you those dogs are vicious, they turn on their own masters. I'm good with labrador you hear.

I hope the lil boy survives
    Bullshit....they attack FAR LESS than a lot of more commonly owned dogs. Your same labradors actually bite more humans than pitbulls on a whole muh girl...do yuh research.

chrza
    Quote Originally Posted by Val
    If your own dog turns on you, it's YOU that's the problem, not your dog. Pitbulls aren't even the most vicious breed out there. Labs, Cockerspaniels, Dalmations are up there on the list too.

The problem is morons who want pitbulls because they think they're cool and don't educate themselves on how to train and take care of the damn thing. The problem is people who love their dog when it's a puppy but, get bored of it when it gets bigger.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Cockerspaniels????

I know dalmations are a hard-to-raise breed, they are very hyper. I thought Labs are generally mild tempered dogs so I don't know where that came from of them being more vicious than pit bulls.

To me every decade people want a breed of dog to abuse to be attack dogs, like German Shepherds, Doberman Pincers and now Rotts and Pit bulls. Rotts and pit bulls are typically mild tempered dogs until jackarses want to abuse them to be "tough" (notice I didn't say raise because the shit I see these owners do to these poor animals can only be abuse IMHO)
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Juksan Stabbs
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy
    Cockerspaniels????

I know dalmations are a hard-to-raise breed, they are very hyper. I thought Labs are generally mild tempered dogs so I don't know where that came from of them being more vicious than pit bulls.

To me every decade people want a breed of dog to abuse to be attack dogs, like German Shepherds, Doberman Pincers and now Rotts and Pit bulls. Rotts and pit bulls are typically mild tempered dogs until jackarses want to abuse them to be "tough" (notice I didn't say raise because the shit I see these owners do to these poor animals can only be abuse IMHO)
    Never said they are more vicious atall...i said they bite more. You don't have to be a mean person to cuss someone, the same way a dog doesn't have to be vicious to bite. Yuh soon read about it doah.....

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juksan Stabbs
    Never said they are more vicious atall...i said they bite more. You don't have to be a mean person to cuss someone, the same way a dog doesn't have to be vicious to bite. Yuh soon read about it doah.....
    oh hor I see.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

chrza
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy
    Cockerspaniels????
    Last I read, Cocker Spaniels are one of the most vicious dogs out there. Well, at least responsible for the most dog bites in America. Of course, CPs don't have the capabilities that Pit Bulls do.