Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenylpropylene Alert

Credits

Phenylpropylene Alert

My father is a doctor and i got this email from him (either him or his secretary) might as well pass it along:

URGENT: RISK OF DEATH The "Food and Drug Administration", (FDA), of the United States of America, stated that substance PHENYLPROPYLENE caused FATAL adverse effects in American users (cerebral hemorrhage). This is a derivative of another substance that is in other medicines, EPHEDRINE that also is extremely dangerous for life. The active principle denominated PHENYLPROPYLENE is present in most anti-flu medicines. While the FDA of the USA only limited itself TO INFORM that they CONFIRMED that the substance PHENYLPROPYLENE caused FATAL adverse effects in American users (cerebral hemorrhage), Governments like those of Brazil, among others, a little more worried about the life of the population and less with jeopardizing the interests of the Pharmaceutical Laboratories, have prohibited the manufacture, distribution, manipulation, commercialization and storage of medicines with the denominated substance PHENYLPROPYLENE in their countries. Read nasal decongestants and bronchial, expectorants, cough suppressants and ALL the medicines that you buy without prescription and those that the doctors give you and if they contain this substance PHENYLPROPYLENE or substance EPHEDRINE do not buy them and DO NOT USE IT. Pass this message to all your relatives, friends and acquaintances, you can be saving the life of one of them and your own.

elq
    Credits
    you mean phenylpropanoloamine
    http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/default.htm
    On December 22, 2005 the FDA issued a notice of proposed rulemaking (notice) for over-the-counter (OTC) nasal decongestant and weight control products containing phenylpropanoloamine preparations. This proposed rule reclassifies phenylpropanolamine as nonmonograph (Category II) not generally recognized as safe and effective.

Medicine Recalls
    All drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE
    Last edited by elq; 03-01-2006 at 11:39 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    On December 22, 2005 the FDA issued a notice of proposed rulemaking (notice) for over-the-counter (OTC) nasal decongestant and weight control products containing phenylpropanoloamine preparations. This proposed rule reclassifies phenylpropanolamine as nonmonograph (Category II) not generally recognized as safe and effective.

Medicine Recalls
    Could be. It was in Spanish:
    FENILPROPALAMINA

Credits

Medicine Recalls

This is just too FUNNY.

I hope your FATHER, the CARPENTER, did not SEND you that INFO.

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA

This is just too FUNNY.

for real

Credits

This is just too FUNNY.

Lol that is funny the same thought ran through my head when Elq corrected him..is his dad really a doc

Credits
    vincy U de best. LMFAO
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits

This is just too FUNNY.
    Jesus was a carpenter, so I would have not been offended if he was, but he is a doctor.

PRETELL APPOINTED - Dr. Eduardo Pretell, ICCIDD Regional Coordinator for the Americas, was named Peru's Minister of Health in late November. In this position, he heads all health activity and services in the country, and is part of the governmental cabinet assembled in the wake of President Fujimori's resignation. The Prime Minister is Javier Perez de Cuellar, former UN Secretary General. The new government will serve until July 2001, when it will be replaced by a government to be chosen in April elections. Dr. Pretell will continue his activities with ICCIDD.
    PRETELL RECEIVES SPAIN'S QUEEN SOFIA PRIZE
    In a ceremony in Madrid, Queen Sofia of Spain awarded the prize bearing her name to Dr. Eduardo Pretell, ICCIDD Regional Coordinator for the Americas. A jury under the Queen's patronage selects from a list of international nominees a recipient who has made the greatest contribution to the prevention of deficiencies. Dr. Pretell was cited for his many years of work investigating causes and effects of iodine deficiency and implementing effective preventive measures in both Peru and the rest of the Americas. His award address was entitled "Iodine Deficiency and Diminished Quality of Life: Three Decades of Fighting for its Eradication."
    Dr. Pretell has been active in many phases of the battle against IDD. He was one of the first to use injections of iodized oil in areas of severe iodine deficiency. In addition to correcting the iodine deficiency, he conducted valuable investigations on the effects of injected iodized oil on thyroid function and its optimal dose, as well as its cost effectiveness. He subsequently carried out similar studies with oral iodized oil.
    The maternal-fetal relationship in iodine deficiency has been a particular investigative interest. He carried out detailed metabolic and anthropometric studies to show the beneficial effects of iodized oil on intelligence, hearing, and language, and demonstrated the importance of maternal milk in iodine nutrition of the infant. All his investigations have been aimed at improving public health, but in addition, he has been closely associated with the Peruvian Ministry of Health in its efforts towards IDD elimination and served as Director of the Peruvian Program Against Iodine Deficiency during its most active years. The rapid progress in correction of iodine deficiency in Peru during the last 10 years owes much of its success to his direction and guidance.
    Finally, in addition to his national work, Dr. Pretell has been the Regional Coordinator for the Americas for ICCIDD since its inception in 1985. In that role, he continues to be one of the key players in the dramatic progress made in the Region.
    Also
    http://www.genderhealth.org/pubs/PeruUpdateOct2003.pdf

Credits
    Oto, why do you feel the need to prove yourself to dez ppl ?
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SUGABUMBUM
    Oto, why do you feel the need to prove yourself to dez ppl ?
    I don't I just like showing them wrong when they make assinine claims. Elq's correction was valid considering he is in the medical field. My father emailed me in Spanish and I translated it as best I could.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Otorongo
    I don't I just like showing them wrong when they make assinine claims. Elq's correction was valid considering he is in the medical field. My father emailed me in Spanish and I translated it as best I could.

oh ok

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Otorongo
    Jesus was a carpenter, so I would have not been offended if he was, but he is a doctor.

Also
    http://www.genderhealth.org/pubs/PeruUpdateOct2003.pdf

I am TOTALLY lost as to why you BELIEVE that the CARPENTER comment has ANYTHING to do with what you have CONCLUDED.

So your WHITE father is a DOCTOR.

I am TRYING to see the RESEMBLANCE

elq
    Credits
    hmmmm
    an endocrinologist huh?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWASo your WHITE father is a DOCTOR. :cool:
    [img
    http://www.chez.com/vipsinfo/pe.costa.jpg[/img]
    I am TRYING to see the RESEMBLANCE
    That is not my father. That is Jaime Zavala Costa, the ex-Minister of Transportation.

I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so low.
    Last edited by Otorongo; 03-01-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Credits
    hmmmm
    an endocrinologist huh?
    Yuh.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast