Like Tree8Likes

Thread: pet names you can't stand to be called

pet names you can't stand to be called

got a text this morning, and a dude called me "hunny bun" i am like wtf.....i know he would never say that in person....he is way to masculine for that....that sounds like something my drag queen used to greet me with " hey hunny bun, how you doing"

no big, grown, man should be calling a woman hunny bun. sugar dumpling, hunny pie, sweetie pie (had a dude call me this too and i hated it because he sorta sang it when he said it) or none of dem tings deh

a simple "hun" is just fine...or a simple sweetie or sweets will do

i don't mind sugar dumpling. i can't think of anything that someone has called me and i didn't like. if someone happened to call me pookie or pumpkin i don't think i'd like it.

Lol,

What I really cannot stand though is someone who is trying to "seduce" me and he starts using pet him. To me it's not something you do after knowing someone for a few days only.
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

hate being called "kiddo" by older men. Bugs me more than someone saying Hun or something like that.

otherwise my reaction to pet names is based on context and who is calling me it. If you are in a meeting and we are butting heads and a man says "Well Honey" to be patronizing then yeah I want to lop of heads.

That being said, Honey, Sweets, Darling etc does feel different than "Hunny Bunny", "Sugar Plum" though lol Those are intimate so a friend and not your man saying that just sounds awkward more than bothersome.

ETA: Oh...I do hate "dawta" very much.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Those don't bother me but I HATE "BOO". Wth? Really?

I am also not fond of "Sis" from African American women. Did my father sleep with yuh Mumma? I am not your sister.

Don't know why it bothers me....

i don't care to be called "boo" either. i might jokingly refer to someone as my "boo thing" or "boo piece" but to call him "boo" or have him calling me "boo?" nah

Bae...
    dont want no girl callin me that corny shit

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post

I am also not fond of "Sis" from African American women. Did my father sleep with yuh Mumma? I am not your sister.

Don't know why it bothers me....
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    i don't care to be called "boo" either. i might jokingly refer to someone as my "boo thing" or "boo piece" but to call him "boo" or have him calling me "boo?" nah
    Yall know that Boo came from the mispronounciation of Beau.. like how a woman would call a man who is courting her her beau..
    like how Whore became Ho and poor became po'

lol just felt like kickin in that useless fact..
    ~Urbane~ and jamaicangirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    this...only person who it doesn't bother me calling me that is my Grandma. It's equivalent to my Granny when she calls everyone George.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    Yall know that Boo came from the mispronounciation of Beau.. like how a woman would call a man who is courting her her beau..
    like how Whore became Ho and poor became po'

lol just felt like kickin in that useless fact..
    lol. i recently began to wonder about that b/c one of my friends says "beau" all the time

Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    this...only person who it doesn't bother me calling me that is my Grandma. It's equivalent to my Granny when she calls everyone George.
    LOL. kinda like how my mother calls her daughters "jane"...but only when she gets upset w/ us. i think she says it to my sisters...

Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    hate being called "kiddo" by older men. Bugs me more than someone saying Hun or something like that.

otherwise my reaction to pet names is based on context and who is calling me it. If you are in a meeting and we are butting heads and a man says "Well Honey" to be patronizing then yeah I want to lop of heads.

That being said, Honey, Sweets, Darling etc does feel different than "Hunny Bunny", "Sugar Plum" though lol Those are intimate so a friend and not your man saying that just sounds awkward more than bothersome.

oh god...that's another one....

Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post

Yes. I haven't heard that since the last time I was home but definitely not a fan.

ehhhh can't really think of any that have annoyed me or maybe i haven't really had pet names... hmmm
    Missmayling likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    got a text this morning, and a dude called me "hunny bun" i am like wtf.....i know he would never say that in person....he is way to masculine for that....that sounds like something my drag queen used to greet me with " hey hunny bun, how you doing"

no big, grown, man should be calling a woman hunny bun. sugar dumpling, hunny pie, sweetie pie (had a dude call me this too and i hated it because he sorta sang it when he said it) or none of dem tings deh

a simple "hun" is just fine...or a simple sweetie or sweets will do
    you joking... right

So wha bout Sweetness??
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram_Gordon View Post
    you joking... right

So wha bout Sweetness??
    sweetness is fine...and no i am not joking about those other names...it just sounds feminine coming out of a mans mouth