Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The perception that Caribbean people know tons of Voodoo/mystical charms

Credits

The perception that Caribbean people know tons of Voodoo/mystical charms

who created this idea? you think foreign people have a good reason to think this is prevalent

Hollywood created this idea? or is it Haitians gave us a bad name?
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

DiTriniempress
    idk most Haitians do not even do voodoo they're a minority same way Jamaicans are promoted as dreadlocks wearing Rastafarians even tho they are also a minority and then the rest of Caribbean are associated with those 2 stereotypes and others can't tell us apart

Credits
    It's a stereotype. Who cares! People that go off stereotypes are idiots. The real question is what is your beef with Voodoo? And why do you think it gives you a bad name?
    Ayisyen and Afu Sensi like this.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    i dunnooooo.. the other day, someone make a thread bout where to buy buy some kinda beads to ward spirits away from their baby... and mad people ran in the thread giving answers and say where they got it from for their baby... the same people that say they devout christians and catholics and shit like that.. I was like WTF i thought yall was on some hail mary shit before
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    i dunnooooo.. the other day, someone make a thread bout where to buy buy some kinda beads to ward spirits away... and mad people ran in the thread giving answers and say where they get it... the same people that say they devout christians and catholics and shit like that.. I was like WTF i thought yall was on some hail mary shit before
    Tell me about it. I know ppl that are all up in first communion and jubilee yet I hear that they're going and see obeah ppl. Steupppps. I stay sayin that I thought when you have Jesus you doh do dem ting

DiTriniempress
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    Tell me about it. I know ppl that are all up in first communion and jubilee yet I hear that they're going and see obeah ppl. Steupppps. I stay sayin that I thought when you have Jesus you doh do dem ting

Maybe because Jesus/Christianity is forgery and if a lot of people really knew the history of Christianity they wouldnt follow it. Voodoo/Orisha etc basically anything black is always demonized as usual and we all know why it is and who started it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DiTriniempress View Post
    Maybe because Jesus/Christianity is forgery and if a lot of people really knew the history of Christianity they wouldnt follow it. Voodoo/Orisha etc basically anything black is always demonized as usual and we all know why it is and who started it.
    I don't agree that Jesus/Christianity is forgery, but even if I did I don't think that's why they retain their beliefs in other things

DiTriniempress
    I don't agree that Jesus/Christianity is forgery, but even if I did I don't think that's why they retain their beliefs in other things
    Look up the real origins of Jesus and how Christianity borrowed ideas from other ancient mythical religions with virgin births or twisting ancient Israels beliefs about the messiah etc and I personally think thats the reason why people end up looking to other things because Christianity is simply not working out for them. Passing off "luck & chance" as God is wearing thin for Christians, actually religion on the whole

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DiTriniempress View Post
    Look up the real origins of Jesus and how Christianity borrowed ideas from other ancient mythical religions with virgin births or twisting ancient Israels beliefs about the messiah etc and I personally think thats the reason why people end up looking to other things because Christianity is simply not working out for them. Passing off "luck & chance" as God is wearing thin for Christians
    The statement about Christianity not working out for ppl doesn't apply to all Christians. Remember that they are different denominations under Christianity. Christians believe is Jesus Christ but don't all practice similarly. Heck, some don't even practice.

DiTriniempress
    The statement about Christianity not working out for ppl doesn't apply to all Christians. Remember that they are different denominations under Christianity. Christians believe is Jesus Christ but don't all practice similarly. Heck, some don't even practice.

Thats why I see them as the biggest hypocrites lol too confusing. dey own bible contradictory within itself thats why there is sooo many denominations in the first place then they try to force it down everybody throat and demonize others. Religion should be done away with on the whole anyways its for people with stone age minds
    Hello BKLYN and SKBai1991 like this.

Credits
    because most caribbean people and souther negroes believe in voodoo
    tikreyol likes this.

Credits
    A relative of mine.. a Lucian.. is a die hard catholic... but always talking about "the people".. the people say you shouldnt do this , that or the third.. it is almost like a fusion of catholic beliefs and folk religion etc.. i say umm i good.. me eh want no part of that.. but many people exist side by side with their religious beliefs and their cultural/folklore beliefs... i know plenty babies get that jet bead business, regardless of what the parents religious beliefs are... often times, these things are tied to religion..

southern people believe in "roots" which is the same ting to me yes..
    triniameri and mz_JazE like this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    A relative of mine.. a Lucian.. is a die hard catholic... but always talking about "the people".. the people say you shouldnt do this , that or the third.. it is almost like a fusion of catholic beliefs and folk religion etc.. i say umm i good.. me eh want no part of that.. but many people exist side by side with their religious beliefs and their cultural/folklore beliefs... i know plenty babies get that jet bead business, regardless of what the parents religious beliefs are... often times, these things are tied to religion..

southern people believe in "roots" which is the same ting to me yes..
    Yes. So true.

Credits
    Haitians gave Caribbean a bad name??? Who can mistake the Africans outside of Africa folks to the bunch of ish ( Scottish, English, irish) and what not folks of the Caribbean?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    who created this idea? you think foreign people have a good reason to think this is prevalent

Hollywood created this idea? or is it Haitians gave us a bad name?
    tikreyol, SKBai1991 and mz_JazE like this.

Credits
    me blaze a fyah pon them ting garcon. hot fyah
    i only promote dominica's culture...who vex loss.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast