Thread: People Change

Credits

Unhappy People Change

Have you ever had a childhood friend that you were so close with and then you grow up and wonder, what the hell happened to them? Then you start to wonder is it me or is it them?

I have a close friend that I've known for 14 years. She was one of the first friends I had when I came up to NY. She's also older than me so when we were friends as kids and teenagers, I always looked up to her and confided in her a lot and really valued her advice.

After going away for a few years and then coming back to NY a few years ago, I realized how much she's changed. She just seems so dumb and clueless sometimes. She's changed so much over the years that I can't believe that this is the same person that I used to look up to and confide in. She used to seem so smart and mature. At first I thought it was just me, but other friends noticed the change too and were just as baffled as me.

There has been times when our friendship has dwindled and faded then the friendship would pick back up. I know sometimes she feels left out because I do have a best friend that I'm closer to, we're all friends though. But I just don't know how to relate to her anymore. Any advice?

I changed ... I confess I was an I mix Peeper.... Now I post like ah eat parrot head.....

yeah time changes people and also time changes you... so it a little of both that is what happens when u grow... u outgrow some people....

2SWEET4U
    i use to post a lot now i just peep

Credits
    Originally posted by hotpepasauce
    I changed ... I confess I was an I mix Peeper.... Now I post like ah eat parrot head.....

yeah time changes people and also time changes you... so it a little of both that is what happens when u grow... u outgrow some people....
    I know you outgrow people. I've outgrown MANY friends. People that I used to hang real tight with, now I just speak to dem whenever I happen to bump into them somewhere. But this situation is different because... This friend still wants to be close and all chummy chummy and I just can't because we're just on totally different levels. Don't get me wrong, she's a really good person, a friend that you can always count on if you need anything but I just can't do the buddy buddy thing anymore with her because she is just like a totally different person.

SSS
    Credits
    Yes I understand what you mean, you just can't relate to the person anymore you have different interest, etc. I am going thru the same thing I just run in to one of my best friends from about six years ago it was so funny, the weekend before I invited her to my niece party and I was driving her home and we were talking and I realize that she is still stuck in the past, I mean it is like she hasn't change from the time we were in school. The girl was talking shit bout we could go on doubledates and all kind of rasshole. I just think that we are different indivduals and if I still want to keep our friendship there must be someway I could fit our differences into my life.

Credits
    I agree with hotpepasauce we all change whether we realize it or not sometimes for the bad and sometimes for the good...but that doesn't mean that the friendship has to end it's just different and I think that it is hard for us to sometimes accept.

Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    I know you outgrow people. I've outgrown MANY friends. People that I used to hang real tight with, now I just speak to dem whenever I happen to bump into them somewhere. But this situation is different because... This friend still wants to be close and all chummy chummy and I just can't because we're just on totally different levels. Don't get me wrong, she's a really good person, a friend that you can always count on if you need anything but I just can't do the buddy buddy thing anymore with her because she is just like a totally different person.
    Yeah that is the thing I have friends like that .. friends from the past that I have outgrown but still keep in my circle.. they are not in my everyday circle but I still keep them as friends... we may not speak everyday .. but we speak... I just accept them for the person that they are and understand that they because of the person that they are could not be in my closest inner circle

Credits
    I think the best example of outgrowing friends is when u go back home for a visit... u see all these people dat u and them were the best a friends, others u hated, some u had a crush on... But now u have matured (somewhat :) ) u look at them and wonder what u ever saw in them - some friends you just do not keep in touch with anymore and others u keep just because of that 1 time they were there when you needed them...

BOTTOM LINE - IF THEY ADD NOTHING POSOTIVE TO OYUR LIFE THEN THEY DO NOT NEED OTBE INYOUR LIFE.